New ATF Form 1 Help

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
uthornsfan
Posts in topic: 2

New ATF Form 1 Help

Post by uthornsfan »

So I will be doing two ATF form 1's in the upcoming month now that the new ATF rules are in place. (1 for a SBR build and 1 for a suppressor build)

It doesn't look like the ATF has updated the Form 1 available online with the CLEO notification information since I will be submitting these as an individual. Anyone have any insight or info on what process I should follow now that the rules have changed? Or should I just call the ATF?

The Annoyed Man

Re: New ATF Form 1 Help

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Call.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

LSUTiger
Posts in topic: 1

Post by LSUTiger »

I thought you had until 7/13 to eform 1 under old rules?
Chance favors the prepared. Making good people helpless doesn't make bad people harmless.
There is no safety in denial. When seconds count the Police are only minutes away.
Sometimes I really wish a lawyer would chime in and clear things up. Do we have any lawyers on this forum?

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

LSUTiger wrote:I thought you had until 7/13 to eform 1 under old rules?
That is correct.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
uthornsfan

Post by uthornsfan »

I dont want to file under the old rules. I want to file under the new rules. I don't have a trust and will be filing as an individual. IE I will be doing the CLEO notification only.

However, there doesn't seem to be a new Form 1 yet that represents these changes.

SigM4

Post by SigM4 »

As stated above you cannot file under the new rules until 7/13/16. That's said who knows whether they'll have a new Form 1 released by them.
Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Hack Job
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Hack Job »

If anyone is interested the ATF resumed processing Form 1's with eForm. Took 13 business days for approval.

proudpirate
Banned

Post by proudpirate »

I highly recommend you go through Silencer Shop for your Form 1. I used their Form 1 service and it was so easy. If you live in the Austin area there main store/office is here. It's a one stop shop and believe me it makes the process so much easier than doing it yourself.

https://www.silencershop.com/

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Silen ... 4473?hl=en

denwego

Post by denwego »

proudpirate wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:30 pm I highly recommend you go through Silencer Shop for your Form 1. I used their Form 1 service and it was so easy. If you live in the Austin area there main store/office is here. It's a one stop shop and believe me it makes the process so much easier than doing it yourself.

https://www.silencershop.com/

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Silen ... 4473?hl=en
I highly recommend that you DON'T go through Silencer Shop right now for an electronic form 1 right now. I've done two stamps by myself since Valentine's Day and had a turnaround time of 13 and 17 days, respectively. If you look at reddit's NFA forum in their big Wait Time thread, most folks who used SS back in January haven't even had their applications sent to the ATF yet; folks from early December are just getting their stamps back now, which is like a tenfold increase in wait time and you're paying more than you need to in the first place. Some folks are even still waiting from November last year... could've basically done a paper one in the mail by that point.

Hack Job

Post by Hack Job »

I can't speak for Silencer Shop, but using eForm is an easy process. I DIY'd the prints & photos and used a trust. No problems. 13 days.

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

I've been looking at doing an SBR build myself and was just reading about the Form 1 eFiles. Are these times you folks are seeing for individuals or for trusts?
Psalm 91:2

denwego

Post by denwego »

The two stamps of mine which took 13 and 17 respectively were individual. In the tracking threads I've been reading, wait time averages for individuals are like 15 days and trusts are 18... a modicum more work of one or two days to check responsible persons, I suppose.

I hate to be "that guy" who has anything but bad things to say about the NFA, but, I must admit, 14-day-wait-times are downright reasonable. If they could digitize fingerprints and just keep them on file instead of mailing in a new set for every electronic form, man, we'd be in business.

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

That is pretty incredible. I was floored when I was researching Form 1 eFiles last night and saw the wait times. Thanks for sharing.
Psalm 91:2

Hack Job

Post by Hack Job »

There's a really informative and helpful guide detailing the entire process on Reddit. It's in the NFA subreddit under resources.

Language warning for Reddit in general.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Reddit+ ... efox-b-1-m

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”