Ya'll have created an animal...

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
stevie_d_64
Posts in topic: 4

Ya'll have created an animal...

Post by stevie_d_64 »

"Wife Unit" is going to go to a gun-show all by herself (with the Ladies class from PSC of course)...

Which one it is, I have not been allowed to confirm...Top Secret stuff...

She's actually going to seriously look "to buy"...

Its not enough she has her first pistol for a little over a week now...

Now, she wants a variety...Just like a pair of shoes...

She wants a gun for every occasion...

I am sooooooo in trouble...

Anybody hiring any help to wash dishes, sweep floors and other menial tasks that I can do to support this burgeoning habit??? I feel am going to have to get a second job...

uggg...

Speaking of "Ugg" I was actually going to buy her a pair of those from Nordstom's soon as a Christmas present...

Now I feel I must adjust that purchase and get her holsters, ammo, tactical lights and lasers etc etc...

Thanks... :P
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

SRVA

Post by SRVA »

Steve, I don't see a problem. For last year's anniversary I gave my wife an entire afternoon of full auto shooting. This year she got a Colt 9mm AR-15. Holsters, tactical lights, etc are a fact of life for me. BUT...It is great to have my wife as my shooting partner.

jimlongley
Posts in topic: 3

Post by jimlongley »

SRVA wrote:Steve, I don't see a problem. For last year's anniversary I gave my wife an entire afternoon of full auto shooting. This year she got a Colt 9mm AR-15. Holsters, tactical lights, etc are a fact of life for me. BUT...It is great to have my wife as my shooting partner.
ROFL - Whan my wife and I were on our honeymoon, 12 years ago this week, I took her to a range and shee began to discover the fun... :lol:
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

Topic author
stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

jimlongley wrote:
SRVA wrote:Steve, I don't see a problem. For last year's anniversary I gave my wife an entire afternoon of full auto shooting. This year she got a Colt 9mm AR-15. Holsters, tactical lights, etc are a fact of life for me. BUT...It is great to have my wife as my shooting partner.
ROFL - Whan my wife and I were on our honeymoon, 12 years ago this week, I took her to a range and shee began to discover the fun... :lol:
Like someone said here about me a while back...

I have an amazing imagination...Yer killing me Jim...Jus killin' meh... :lol:
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
Μολών λαβέ!

HighVelocity

Post by HighVelocity »

My wife has laid claim to my Stainless SA Champion. She's a 1911 fan. :shock:
I had to buy another Champion for myself because she says I don't clean the stainless one good enough after shooting it. :lol:

Topic author
stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

HighVelocity wrote:My wife has laid claim to my Stainless SA Champion. She's a 1911 fan. :shock:
I had to buy another Champion for myself because she says I don't clean the stainless one good enough after shooting it. :lol:
"You" clean the guns after "she" shoots them???

Dude, we gotta talk... :lol:

Thats why I'm going to be nice to my wife and ease her into the idea...

"...you shoot it, you clean it..." :wink:

I guess the sad part is, is that "you" had to go buy a new pistol because she laid "claim"...I'm just as :shock: 'ed as you are... :lol:

But sure is fun to have a kind, caring and loving shooting partner...That I can't deny...
NRA - Life Member
Μολών λαβέ!

SRVA

Post by SRVA »

Steve, There is a cost, but it is worth it. Look me up if you're at Pearland on Saturday and we can talk.

jimlongley

Post by jimlongley »

stevie_d_64 wrote:
jimlongley wrote:

And then there was the day her ex called, on MY cell phone, while we were at a gun show, and I told him that she was over there buying a gun. I think he almost choked to death. Then he thought I was kidding, until she got on the phone and apologized for the wait because she had been buying a gun. :lol: :lol: :lol:

And I just realized what you meant about what you pictured - sometimes I'm a little dense - I should have specified that she discovered something that was second most fun.

Topic author
stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

jimlongley wrote:
stevie_d_64 wrote:
jimlongley wrote:

And then there was the day her ex called, on MY cell phone, while we were at a gun show, and I told him that she was over there buying a gun. I think he almost choked to death. Then he thought I was kidding, until she got on the phone and apologized for the wait because she had been buying a gun. :lol: :lol: :lol:

And I just realized what you meant about what you pictured - sometimes I'm a little dense - I should have specified that she discovered something that was second most fun.
Yer not "that" dense... :lol:
NRA - Life Member
Μολών λαβέ!

dws1117

Post by dws1117 »

You guys are making me really jealous. My wife is one of those that is completely ambivolent abut my hobby. Just when it seems that I am makeing head way, she seems to loose interest again. I don't want to push her. It has got to be her choice. At least she doesn't hate guns anymore.

Will your wives hang out with my wife? :lol:

HighVelocity

Post by HighVelocity »

dws1117 wrote:You guys are making me really jealous. My wife is one of those that is completely ambivolent abut my hobby. Just when it seems that I am makeing head way, she seems to loose interest again. I don't want to push her. It has got to be her choice. At least she doesn't hate guns anymore.

Just buy a bright nickel gun. That will change her tune. :lol:

jimlongley

Post by jimlongley »

dws1117 wrote:You guys are making me really jealous. My wife is one of those that is completely ambivolent abut my hobby. Just when it seems that I am makeing head way, she seems to loose interest again. I don't want to push her. It has got to be her choice. At least she doesn't hate guns anymore.

My first wife and I shot on a rifle team together.

My second wife has her CHL and fired a perfect score on her requalification (I get points as her instructor) and now she wants to take the tactical courses offered by our range. I am going to keep her.

dws1117

Post by dws1117 »

HV:

I have one. It didn't help, but I still like it. :D

jimlongley:

:P:P:P:P:P:P

HighVelocity

Post by HighVelocity »

dws1117 wrote:HV:

I have one. It didn't help, but I still like it. :D

jimlongley:

:P:P:P:P:P:P
Try some ajax ivory grips or adding some gold accents. As a last resort you could get her name engraved on it.

dws1117

Post by dws1117 »

It is a Taurus 85, but I avoided the model with the factory gold accents.

Besides, she doesn't even wear jewlery. I think I have the only woman in America who doesn't have her ears pierced. Shiny things don't impress her.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”