Ruger 10/22

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
gguess66
Posts in topic: 1

Ruger 10/22

Post by gguess66 »

I bought my son a new Ruger 10/22 semi auto with stainless barrel. Took him to shot smart today for him to shot it. We loaded CCI 22LR mini mags in it. we put a 100 rounds through it. I have not cleaned it nor oiled it. It had multiple failure to ejects and most times multiple times with in the 10 rounds in a mag. Anyone hear of that or any fixes to it? Thanks :txflag: :fire

hovercat

Re: Ruger 10/22

Post by hovercat »

Clean the chamber of all the shipping oil.

DocV

Post by DocV »

It has been a long, long, long, time since it was new but my 10/22 had some initial failures to eject that cleared up with time. Today it is a sweet shooter. I was not so lucky with my Ruger Mark III but a Volquartsen extractor fixed that up. Volquartsen makes a 10/22 ejector too https://www.volquartsen.com/inventory_c ... ations/811, just in case you want to go down that route.

FCH

Post by FCH »

Are the CCIs standard velocity? If so, would a high velocity round possibly function better?
NRA Member
TSRA Member

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

FCH wrote:Are the CCIs standard velocity? If so, would a high velocity round possibly function better?
Mini Mags are high velocity.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

cyphertext

Post by cyphertext »

gguess66 wrote:I bought my son a new Ruger 10/22 semi auto with stainless barrel. Took him to shot smart today for him to shot it. We loaded CCI 22LR mini mags in it. we put a 100 rounds through it. I have not cleaned it nor oiled it. It had multiple failure to ejects and most times multiple times with in the 10 rounds in a mag. Anyone hear of that or any fixes to it? Thanks :txflag: :fire
Clean it. Oil it.

JakeTheSnake

Post by JakeTheSnake »

Cleaned & oiled mine up when new and never had a failure. Needs a good cleaning after use also.

rbwhatever1

Post by rbwhatever1 »

Like others mentioned, clean & lubricate. I bought 8 spare magazines when I bought my 10/22's last year and one of them wouldn't run in either rifle. This magazine also failed to drop out smoothly when my extended release lever was engaged and I had to pull it out. I laid sandpaper on a table and scrubbed the magazine back & forth to smooth out the edges and it works fine now. No issues and drops out smoothly.

You can see the dull areas the sand paper made contact with and the areas that didn't make contact at all rubbing it on a flat table. Good luck with your rifle, they are fun. I see my bad magazine X was gouged a little deep...

And fun to upgrade too! viewtopic.php?f=23&t=79590&hilit=kidd+triggers

III

rotor

Post by rotor »

Ruger should be cleaned before first firing. I will say this about Ruger, they do produce some lemons once in awhile though but if you continue to have problems with CCI minimags after a good cleaning of your rifle call Ruger and let them fix it on their dime. They have very good customer service and will fix it. I wouldn't spend any money on buying non-Ruger parts to fix a faulty gun. I have had a problem with an SR762 and they fixed it. The lesson to be learned, any firearm that we buy we need to save the original shipping box because it is hard to find a box to fit a rifle or shotgun when it goes back.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”