Single stack 9mm help please!!

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
cmgee67
Posts in topic: 5

Single stack 9mm help please!!

Post by cmgee67 »

Ok guys I am lookin for single stack 9mm suggestions. Here's why. My primary carry guns are my G26 and G19 and they work perfect on 95% of most occasions but there are a handful of times a month that I can't carry either because they are too big so I'm looking for a small single stack 9mm. Small enough for pocket carry but not to small I can't get a grip on. I have owned a Glock 43 and didn't like the gun. I love Glock but don't like the 43. I have shot the S&W shield but I don't like it either or the ruger LCP or LC9. So those are ruled out. If you guys have any suggestions please throw them out.

TexasTornado
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Single stack 9mm help please!!

Post by TexasTornado »

cmgee67 wrote:Ok guys I am lookin for single stack 9mm suggestions. Here's why. My primary carry guns are my G26 and G19 and they work perfect on 95% of most occasions but there are a handful of times a month that I can't carry either because they are too big so I'm looking for a small single stack 9mm. Small enough for pocket carry but not to small I can't get a grip on. I have owned a Glock 43 and didn't like the gun. I love Glock but don't like the 43. I have shot the S&W shield but I don't like it either or the ruger LCP or LC9. So those are ruled out. If you guys have any suggestions please throw them out.
SIG p938. It's slightly larger than the p238 which is the .380 version. Both are modeled after the 1911. I personally own and love the p238.
"I can see it's dangerous for you, but if the government trusts me, maybe you could."

NRA Lifetime Member

TexasTornado
Posts in topic: 3

Post by TexasTornado »

TexasTornado wrote:
cmgee67 wrote:Ok guys I am lookin for single stack 9mm suggestions. Here's why. My primary carry guns are my G26 and G19 and they work perfect on 95% of most occasions but there are a handful of times a month that I can't carry either because they are too big so I'm looking for a small single stack 9mm. Small enough for pocket carry but not to small I can't get a grip on. I have owned a Glock 43 and didn't like the gun. I love Glock but don't like the 43. I have shot the S&W shield but I don't like it either or the ruger LCP or LC9. So those are ruled out. If you guys have any suggestions please throw them out.
SIG p938. It's slightly larger than the p238 which is the .380 version. Both are modeled after the 1911. I personally own and love the p238.
Also the Kimber Ultra Carry II. Not 100% sure it's single stack but I believe so. Dad has his with him so I can't check it.
"I can see it's dangerous for you, but if the government trusts me, maybe you could."

NRA Lifetime Member

Topic author
cmgee67
Posts in topic: 5

Post by cmgee67 »

I'll check those out. I have seen them before. But I've never handled one. I like the kimber but idk how aluminum 1911's are

Shadow41
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Shadow41 »

I've had a Shield 9 for quite a while, but I recently picked up an XDs 9 that I actually like better now. The trigger guard is more recessed on the XDs and I can get all 3 fingers on the grip using the flush mag. On the Shield I can only get 2 fingers on the grip. I find the XDs more comfortable to shoot and my groups are a lot tighter. I can also change the backstrap on the XDs to change the grip feel. If you've tried the Shield and don't care for it, you might want to check out the XDs. I don't know how comfortable it would be as a pocket carry though.

jason812
Posts in topic: 2

Post by jason812 »

Checkout a Walther pps. Mine is the original but my mom just got the m2 in 9mm and it shoots smooth. The grip is more rounded than the original and the removable back strap has been deleted.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

Jago668

Post by Jago668 »

I'm not a fan of the Walther CCP. The piston thing they have in it causes gases to expel out from the trigger area onto your finger. The takedown is annoying as hell as well.
NRA Benefactor Member

jason812

Post by jason812 »

Jago668 wrote:I'm not a fan of the Walther CCP. The piston thing they have in it causes gases to expel out from the trigger area onto your finger. The takedown is annoying as heck as well.
From what I read, I wouldn't want a CCP either, the PPS is a different animal.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

imkopaka

Post by imkopaka »

Shadow41 wrote:I've had a Shield 9 for quite a while, but I recently picked up an XDs 9 that I actually like better now. The trigger guard is more recessed on the XDs and I can get all 3 fingers on the grip using the flush mag. On the Shield I can only get 2 fingers on the grip. I find the XDs more comfortable to shoot and my groups are a lot tighter. I can also change the backstrap on the XDs to change the grip feel. If you've tried the Shield and don't care for it, you might want to check out the XDs. I don't know how comfortable it would be as a pocket carry though.
OP, if you are interested I have an XDs 9mm for sale. $400.
Never bring a knife to a gun fight.
Carry gun: Springfield XD Tactical .45

gamboolman

Post by gamboolman »

Ms. GamboolGals EDC
She shoots G-26's and G-19's very very good, but the lack of a manual safety for her is ......
So....
Sig Sauer P-938 Equinox
Not a Glock but it is Sig
:txflag:
[Image*]
Last edited by gamboolman on Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
gamboolman
TSRA , GOA & NRA Life Member

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Bitter Clinger »

And then there is the Kahr PM-9:
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

rentz

Post by rentz »

Bitter Clinger wrote:And then there is the Kahr PM-9:
I can't recommend this one enough if someone wants a small pocket carry .
Fully loaded and it's still light and easily fits in even small pockets

george72

Post by george72 »

I suggest trying the XDS 3.3; http://www.springfield-armory.com/produ ... -3-3-9-mm/

I have that in the "multi holsters IWB" holster (amazon link) for my EDC. The hard holster took some getting used to, about 3-4 weeks, but now I don't even feel it. I like the combination of the hard holster protecting the trigger and the positive grip safety on the firearm (it not being something that I need to remember to deactivate in a high-stress situation). For backup magazines I like the 9 round with pinky extension.

Good luck with your search.

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Bitter Clinger »

How to Shoot Small Pistols Better

"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”