Where you you buy ammo online?

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Vol Texan
Posts in topic: 1

Where you you buy ammo online?

Post by Vol Texan »

I usually buy my range ammo at the Freedom Munitions store here in Houston, but I'd like to look around to see if there are any alternatives.

I haven't bought online - does anyone have any suggestions on where to get good quality bulk orders of range ammo?
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

allisji

Re: Where you you buy ammo online?

Post by allisji »

Vol Texan wrote:I usually buy my range ammo at the Freedom Munitions store here in Houston, but I'd like to look around to see if there are any alternatives.

I haven't bought online - does anyone have any suggestions on where to get good quality bulk orders of range ammo?
http://www.sgammo.com has some good prices for range ammo and self defense ammo. I've purchased from them. They take a little longer than http://www.bulkammo.com or http://www.natchezss.com but the prices are usually a little better I think.

I've also seen people recommend www.ammoseek.com it searches for the lowest prices available.
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state legislators urging support of Constitutional Carry Legislation HB 1927

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

I've been using http://www.sportsmansguide.com alot lately. Free shipping with coupon codes make it nice. Prices are reasonable, especially for 9mm.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Freedom Munition is the one I use the most. I have also bought Ammo from Surplus.com. I did pick up some .45 Ammo from Buds Gun Shop about three weeks ago. They had a great sale on Federal ammo.

uthornsfan

Post by uthornsfan »

+1 sgammo

They shipped my 3960 rounds very fast

johncanfield

Post by johncanfield »

+2 sgammo.com.
LC9s, M&P 22, 9c, Sig P238-P239-P226-P365XL, 1911 clone

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

+ whatever on ammoseek.

I have used all of the companies listed so far, and have had positive experiences with each of them. I really just focus on price (cost per round including shipping) as service has been about the same for me. Then again, I may have just gotten lucky.

If you like Freedom Munitions product, you can also order from them online and you should be able to save a small amount since their online prices are a few cents per round cheaper than they have in store.

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

rotor

Post by rotor »

All above are good. Remember also that Academy ships for free if over $25 purchase, you still pay sales tax, when they have a sale and you don't feel like driving buy on line, no driving and delivered to your house.

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

One other I would add if you are open to remanufactured ammo is LAX ammo. Similar quality as Freedom, but you don't pay sales tax*.

* of course, as with all such purchases you should pay a use tax when you use the product, so remember to keep detailed records of the ammo you shoot, and which bullets were bought with no sales tax.

LucasMcCain

Post by LucasMcCain »

I've purchased from LAX Ammunition and had no problems. They seem to run free shipping promotions pretty often. At the time that I ordered, they were the cheapest on ammoseek. I bought their manufactured 9mm and have shot through a few hundred rounds with no issues.
I prefer dangerous freedom to safety in chains.

Let's go Brandon.

Dadtodabone

Post by Dadtodabone »

Wideners, Johnson City. Wideners.com
"Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris!"

Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

Ammuntion Depot, and Palmetto State Armory. Very good service by both of these sites.
Do what you say you're gonna do.

MechAg94

Post by MechAg94 »

Lynyrd wrote:Ammuntion Depot, and Palmetto State Armory. Very good service by both of these sites.
Ammunition Depot has some very good prices on 50 round boxes of self defense pistol ammo like Speer Gold Dot and Federal HST. Down near 50 to 60 cents a round.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”