Post by steveincowtown »

"Reefer Madness...."
The Time is Now...
NRA Lifetime Member

Lynyrd
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Guns + Roommates using Marijuana

Post by Lynyrd »

MAGAManofATX wrote:If I broke my lease I would have to pay the entire lease's worth of rent.

I'm not going to drop everything, break my lease, and move. Sorry, folks. You've given me plenty of reasonable and well supported advice.

I asked for my rights regarding the legality of having my firearm in my possession in this situation - I got some of that. Enough to support the decision I was already leaning towards - leaving my firearm at home. I mostly received a lecture about drugs. Many of you have been long enough removed from college life to understand that being around people who use drugs is a fact of life. I wish I could own my own home, have my own space, and make my own rules - at this time I cannot. It's a good thing the State has the authority to issue licenses, and not this forum.

"You're not responsible enough", "Give back the LTC" and "Just get out!" are useless and often unnecessarily antagonistic. Uprooting my entire situation would disrupt my education greatly. I can't sublease a student apartment after the semester has started. I need that money to pay tuition and graduate, which is a larger focus in my life than my LTC and firearms. I will begin carrying over the summer when I am in a clean environment.

I'm not bringing my firearm. I'm making the most responsible decisions I can, aside from actually uprooting myself. I thank you all for your advice!
You sound like a smart young man who has his head screwed on straight. For some your age, and I have two son's only a bit older than you, it's difficult to heed the advice of old gray haired men. I wish you all the best in dealing with this nightmare of a situation. If one of my son's had brought this situation to me, I would have moved mountains to help them.

As you proceed, try to remember this, "Good judgement comes from exercising bad judgement and suffering the pain."
Do what you say you're gonna do.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”