Guys help me out

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
cmgee67
Posts in topic: 2

Guys help me out

Post by cmgee67 »

I'm deciding on either the LCP2 or the Taurus 605 in 357. Lookin for a small gun for pocket carry or when I can't get away with my 19. The lcp can be carried in a wallet holster but the 605 has the 357 punch and is bigger and heavier although weight isn't a huge issue to me. The 605 and lcp2 can be fired from inside a coat pocket but the lcp2 will get hung up and the Taurus could because of hammer but unlikely. I am coming home today with one of the two and I am trying to decide. I like the fact I can carry an extra mag or three for the lcp2 and I could carry reloads for the 605 but wouldn't be as easy. I like both a lot and they both have pros and cons but I'm just trying to decide

WhoWouldGuess
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Guys help me out

Post by WhoWouldGuess »

You can get speed loaders for the .357.

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

For "small pocket carry", I have had both small revolvers and small SA's for a while now. I have gone through several options for each but have always had one of each type. Right now, it is the Sig P938 and the S&W 360 PD.

I have consistently chosen the small revolver whenever it came time to actually pulls guns out of the safe. And other than this purpose, I carry nothing but SA's, mostly 1911's, so I definitely do not have a general preference for revolvers. I just find the small revolvers to be incredibly comfortable and easy to conceal in my pocket.

dhoenich

Post by dhoenich »

I have the original LCP that gets carried often in my front pocket with a leather pocket holster. I love it for carry, but it isn't the most fun to shoot. It depends when and where I'm going as to whether I've got the LCP or something bigger. I don't know that it would be great to shoot inside of the pocket, I'd rather see what I'm aiming at, but I'm sure I could get one shot off that is already chambered.

Topic author
cmgee67
Posts in topic: 2

Post by cmgee67 »

I opted for the LCP. I got the LCP 1 not the 2 because I got it for such a good deal. It won't be my primary. My glock 19 is. But I can use it as a BUG or when I can't carry my 19 it goes in the pocket easy and ruger even provides a pocket holster!

RHenriksen

Post by RHenriksen »

My pockets aren't big enough for pocket carry (or I just wear my pants too fitted!), But I've always considered the SW 442 at the top of my list.

More power than a .380, not as heavy as a .357. Plus, the hammerless design leaves a good spot for your thumb as you're drawing from your pocket (holster) - narrows the width of your paw on the pistol, better to make a clean exit from the pocket.
I'll quit carrying a gun when they make murder and armed robbery illegal

Houston Technology Consulting
soup-to-nuts IT infrastructure design, deployment, and support for SMBs

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”