http://www.thedecostop.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.texasbeverages.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

____
/ 6 \

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Skiprr »

Oh, man. Have I been making a mistake.

All this time, I thought G.C. was the one in the middle... ;-)
G.C.Montgomery wrote:Image
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

seamusTX
Posts in topic: 7

Post by seamusTX »

NcongruNt wrote:Perhaps a simple picture doesn't really accurately convey the way most people perceive me in person.
As others have said, it's about demeanor and behavior. You have an open facial expression. Criminals and drug dealers often look guilty (because they are) and suspicious or hostile.

If you told me you were a stoner, the way you dress would be compatible with that image. But it didn't make me assume or guess that you were.

- Jim

Venus Pax
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Venus Pax »

Skiprr wrote:Oh, man. Have I been making a mistake.

All this time, I thought G.C. was the one in the middle... ;-)
:rolll
"If a man breaks in your house, he ain't there for iced tea." Mom & Dad.

The NRA & TSRA are a bargain; they're much cheaper than the cold, dead hands experience.

Topic author
Drifter
Posts in topic: 2

BUSTED !!!

Post by Drifter »

After 48 hours and 104 replies between this forum and the other one I posted the question on, I think the general concensus is that the fanny pack, vest, Hawaiian shirt myth is BUSTED !! :smile:

Most people seemed to think that the vast majority of people "making" those of us who carry in these manners are fellow members of the ever growing elite segment of society known as CHL holders.

Thanks for the replies.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
"There are no answers --- only choices."
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

KBCraig
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Post by KBCraig »

I think T3hK1w1 nailed it when describing his lunch breaks in the mall: looking at who is looking is the best clue. When you're aware, you see other people who are aware, instead of just bumbling through life with their heads down.

That's always my first clue; then I look at clothing.

govnor
Posts in topic: 9

Post by govnor »

KBCraig wrote:I think T3hK1w1 nailed it when describing his lunch breaks in the mall: looking at who is looking is the best clue. When you're aware, you see other people who are aware, instead of just bumbling through life with their heads down.

That's always my first clue; then I look at clothing.
This makes sense. I'm ALWAYS aware of my surroundings. My wife says I always have a look like I'm going to kill somebody. That's not the case, but I am always scoping out potential threats. People only get to see the "real" me when I'm in a safe place and surrounded by family and friends. I don't know what makes us this way, but I've been like that for a long time.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because hard men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."- George Orwell

NRA member!

govnor

Post by govnor »

edit
Last edited by govnor on Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because hard men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."- George Orwell

NRA member!

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

govnor wrote:Since we're posting pics...does it look like I'm packing?
No comment, dude.

Absolutely no comment.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

ScubaSigGuy

Post by ScubaSigGuy »

"G.C.Montgomery
Since we're comparing photos...Take a look at this one and tell me if it says gun? I ask because I'm wearing three knives and two guns in this photo. It probably helps to say I'm the 300lb gorilla on the right.

That's not a sporting event that you were attending is it? :lol:
Last edited by ScubaSigGuy on Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
S.S.G.

"A champion doesn’t become a champion in the ring. He is merely recognized in the ring.The ‘becoming’ happens during his daily routine." Joe Louis

NRA MEMBER

govnor

Post by govnor »

Skiprr wrote:
govnor wrote:Since we're posting pics...does it look like I'm packing?
No comment, dude.

Absolutely no comment.
Yeah, it's a bad picture...so what. I just posted it so you guys could see what I look like. It's always nice to know who you're talking to.

NRA member!

G.C.Montgomery
Posts in topic: 5

Post by G.C.Montgomery »

ScubaSigGuy wrote:
"G.C.Montgomery
Since we're comparing photos...Take a look at this one and tell me if it says gun? I ask because I'm wearing three knives and two guns in this photo. It probably helps to say I'm the 300lb gorilla on the right.

Officer, I'm not saying whether it was or was not a sporting event. But, even it was, no body said it was in Texas!!! :lol:
When you take the time out of your day to beat someone, it has a much longer lasting effect on their demeanor than simply shooting or tazing them.

G. C. Montgomery, Jr.

ScubaSigGuy

Post by ScubaSigGuy »

G.C.Montgomery wrote:
ScubaSigGuy wrote:
"G.C.Montgomery

Officer, I'm not saying whether it was or was not a sporting event. But, even it was, no body said it was in Texas!!! :lol:

:lol: Good answer. Nevermind that Texas license plate next to your buddy's shoulder in the picture. :lol:

Just having fun BTW. I don't want anybody getting the wrong idea. :grin:
Last edited by ScubaSigGuy on Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
S.S.G.

"A champion doesn’t become a champion in the ring. He is merely recognized in the ring.The ‘becoming’ happens during his daily routine." Joe Louis

NRA MEMBER

TheYoungGuy

Post by TheYoungGuy »

I agree with the "general consensus" that this myth is busted. I don't have a photo of myself handy (and I don't want my pictures floating around the internet), but if I did, I think mine in comparison to NcongruNt's would prove everything that needs to be said on this subject. As he said, the photo of him in those camo pants, the vest and the long hair make some of us think, "Oh he must be a gun guy", when really, he had nothing on his person. Had you seen a photo of me or seen me out in public before, I'm (IMHO) the LAST guy you would expect to be packing because I look/am young and I wear non-baggy tshirts with golf shorts and flip-flops every day. Yet, I carry a full sized .40 XD, a spare 12 rd. mag and a 3" Benchmade knife.

Sorry for the length, but I guess it's just a good point. We should all remember-- for both our safety and our respect for others-- that the GGs and BGs don't always look like you'd expect.

DoubleJ

Post by DoubleJ »

two comments for GC:

1. that girl is tall
2. the bulge on your left hip/flank

on the whole, there are stereotypes for a reason. doesn't make us bad people for using them as a guideline, we just have to be open to the surprises.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”