Does anyone has the new bravo DOS Torsion Holster?

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
fernando1027
Posts in topic: 5

Does anyone has the new bravo DOS Torsion Holster?

Post by fernando1027 »

I am wanting to buy one but it does make the difference or not? please if anyone has pictures of the difference will be great :D

I think i did put it on the right forum... :???:

WTR
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Does anyone has the new bravo DOS Torsion Holster?

Post by WTR »

fernando1027 wrote:I am wanting to buy one but it does make the difference or not? please if anyone has pictures of the difference will be great :D

They do have nice pics on their web site.

Topic author
fernando1027

Post by fernando1027 »

WTR wrote:
fernando1027 wrote:I am wanting to buy one but it does make the difference or not? please if anyone has pictures of the difference will be great :D

indeed but not on them D: or i did not see them..

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

fernando1027 wrote:
WTR wrote:

https://www.bravoconcealment.com/produc ... 1157790797

When I scrolled down they have several pics of the holster being worn.

Topic author
fernando1027

Post by fernando1027 »

WTR wrote:
fernando1027 wrote:
WTR wrote:

When I scrolled down they have several pics of the holster being worn.
:banghead: thanks.

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

"Initial release will be limited to the Glock 19, 23, 32."

I have no experience with the brand. But looking at the rather poorly written hype on the website...nah; I'll pass.

The claim to fame seems to be that the holster holds the gun at a 10-degree inward tilt...meaning the hilt is pressed against the body at an angle greater than other Kydex holsters. But that would have me wondering about the draw. Despite any body issues, every all-Kydex holster I have is straight-in, straight-out. If I put any significant pressure in any other direction, the gun does not move freely.

And a 10-degree tilt in at the top means a 10-degree tilt out at the bottom. Is it easier to conceal a lump above your waistband or one poking out below your hip?

Moreover, they say you can remove the forward belt clip: "Running the holster in the 'single belt clip configuration' allows for the holster to go 'Tuck-able' This means that you can tuck your shirt between your pants and the holster for a more formal style of concealment."

Really? Removing one of the belt clips from a holster that is designed with two of them makes it stable exactly how? Part of carrying a gun is, well, carrying it. But the life-saving part is being able to draw it--from a stable platform--when you absolutely need to.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Topic author
fernando1027

Post by fernando1027 »

Skiprr wrote:https://www.bravoconcealment.com/produc ... 1157790797

"Initial release will be limited to the Glock 19, 23, 32."

I have no experience with the brand. But looking at the rather poorly written hype on the website...nah; I'll pass.

The claim to fame seems to be that the holster holds the gun at a 10-degree inward tilt...meaning the hilt is pressed against the body at an angle greater than other Kydex holsters. But that would have me wondering about the draw. Despite any body issues, every all-Kydex holster I have is straight-in, straight-out. If I put any significant pressure in any other direction, the gun does not move freely.

And a 10-degree tilt in at the top means a 10-degree tilt out at the bottom. Is it easier to conceal a lump above your waistband or one poking out below your hip?

Moreover, they say you can remove the forward belt clip: "Running the holster in the 'single belt clip configuration' allows for the holster to go 'Tuck-able' This means that you can tuck your shirt between your pants and the holster for a more formal style of concealment."

Really? Removing one of the belt clips from a holster that is designed with two of them makes it stable exactly how? Part of carrying a gun is, well, carrying it. But the life-saving part is being able to draw it--from a stable platform--when you absolutely need to.

i did find what i was looking for ^ please tell what you think on that?

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

fernando1027 wrote:i did find what i was looking for ^ please tell what you think on that?
Well, first, I'll need to ask--on behalf of all the Forum members--if you have any association with Bravo Concealment.

Second, I don't want to dive off into a handgun carry lesson. But what I will say is that, in addition to surety of access, firearm presentation is all about articulation.

Specifically, movement and articulation of skeletal joints. No different from hand-to-hand combat. Less is more.

If you need to get to a handgun, efficiency is key. The tool needs to be as close to hand as possible, and bringing it into play needs to involve the least amount of motion possible. Efficiency.

If your body type can pull it off, appendix carry is arguably the best possible carry position. But the vertical alignment shown in the video as necessitated by the Bravo Concealment holster riding on a single belt-clip is very much a non-starter, negating the advantages of APX.

In the Bravo Concealment video, notice that only the draw from holster is shown, not the gun being drawn and brought onto target. That's because the position of the holster completely negates the advantage of APX carry: the subject has to significantly articulate his wrist in order to even take a master-grip on the gun.

Track the distance the muzzle travels before it's brought on target. Carefully, slowly. Imagine there's a laser on the barrel and watch every tiny movement as the muzzle traverses to the target.

It ain't rocket science. The less distance that laser moves, the more efficient--and repeatable--the movement.

But that's not all.

The overwhelming majority of outside-the-home instances of defensive use of a firearm will be at very close distance. Very close. As in six feet. Here's a related discussion from five years ago: http://www.texaschlforum.com/viewtopic. ... 0&p=845906.

If your carry position is easily susceptible to a bad guy jamming your draw...rethink your carry choice and your training.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Excaliber »

Ten degrees isn't a lot, but it may be enough to make a difference.

I'll defer judgment on this concept until I have a chance to try it and see for myself if it works for me or not.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

warnmar10

Post by warnmar10 »

Skiprr wrote:
fernando1027 wrote:i did find what i was looking for ^ please tell what you think on that?
Well, ... training.
Exactly.

Wag2323

Post by Wag2323 »

From the look of the design using two clips at 4-5 oclock then maybe it will conceal a little better. But you only use one clip to make it tuck-able I don't see it helping as much since the clip is narrow the gun can rotate around that axis slightly but that is debatable.

If you use both clips though it doesnt look like you can change the cant which a straight drop at 4 or 5 oclock wouldn't work for me and their appendix position seems to show your going to use one clip so not sure whats the point.

Topic author
fernando1027

Post by fernando1027 »

Skiprr wrote:
Well, first, I'll need to ask--on behalf of all the Forum members--if you have any association with Bravo Concealment.

Second, I don't want to dive off into a handgun carry lesson. But what I will say is that, in addition to surety of access, firearm presentation is all about articulation.

Specifically, movement and articulation of skeletal joints. No different from hand-to-hand combat. Less is more.

If you need to get to a handgun, efficiency is key. The tool needs to be as close to hand as possible, and bringing it into play needs to involve the least amount of motion possible. Efficiency.

If your body type can pull it off, appendix carry is arguably the best possible carry position. But the vertical alignment shown in the video as necessitated by the Bravo Concealment holster riding on a single belt-clip is very much a non-starter, negating the advantages of APX.

In the Bravo Concealment video, notice that only the draw from holster is shown, not the gun being drawn and brought onto target. That's because the position of the holster completely negates the advantage of APX carry: the subject has to significantly articulate his wrist in order to even take a master-grip on the gun.

Track the distance the muzzle travels before it's brought on target. Carefully, slowly. Imagine there's a laser on the barrel and watch every tiny movement as the muzzle traverses to the target.

It ain't rocket science. The less distance that laser moves, the more efficient--and repeatable--the movement.

But that's not all.

The overwhelming majority of outside-the-home instances of defensive use of a firearm will be at very close distance. Very close. As in six feet. Here's a related discussion from five years ago: http://www.texaschlforum.com/viewtopic. ... 0&p=845906.

If your carry position is easily susceptible to a bad guy jamming your draw...rethink your carry choice and your training.
no i have no association with the company just asking :D ..... thanks to all of you the feedback

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”