Avenger Arms in Stafford

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
howdy
Posts in topic: 1

Avenger Arms in Stafford

Post by howdy »

Has anyone here used Avenger Arms in Stafford. I just received notice that they have their store posted with both 30.06 and 30.07. I went to their facebook page and asked them if this was true. They responded with this: "Yes, We just don't want anyone that we don't know walking in with loaded weapons with the opportunity to rob or shoot us. If you become a regular customer then it is allowed." I told them that I would never be a customer with the store being posted and they said this "Sorry you feel that way but apparently you haven't been shot at"

I find this amazing that a gun store could put everyone that carries a gun, both legally and illegally, in the same boat. Am I off base here. Am I being too harsh in my assessment.
Texas LTC Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Life Patron Member TSRA Member
USMC 1972-1979

Lambda Force

Re: Avenger Arms in Stafford

Post by Lambda Force »

Someone has to be a special kind of stupid to think criminals planning to commit armed robbery will be stopped by a sign.
Tyranny is identified by what is legal for government employees but illegal for the citizenry.

Jusme
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Jusme »

I don't plan on being in the Stafford area, but if I am, I won't be visiting that gun store.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Mxrdad
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Mxrdad »

howdy wrote:Has anyone here used Avenger Arms in Stafford. I just received notice that they have their store posted with both 30.06 and 30.07. I went to their facebook page and asked them if this was true. They responded with this: "Yes, We just don't want anyone that we don't know walking in with loaded weapons with the opportunity to rob or shoot us. If you become a regular customer then it is allowed." I told them that I would never be a customer with the store being posted and they said this "Sorry you feel that way but apparently you haven't been shot at"

I find this amazing that a gun store could put everyone that carries a gun, both legally and illegally, in the same boat. Am I off base here. Am I being too harsh in my assessment.
So if they know you, they will allow both CC and OC I guess? Seems to send a strange message. If I knew the signs were there, and I was in the store, (of course complying with the silly signs so I would be unarmed) and saw a customer or 2, or 3 walking in the door OC, that would make me quite uncomfortable. Assuming they saw the signs as well, one could believe they might be up to no good. No?

In my NSHO, the owner should either post or not. I think allowing some to carry and others not, just doesn't make sense. I will not be spending my money there anyway so no sweat off me. Sounds to me like they are skirting around their decision to post in the first place. Dunno.
Just some guy's opinion.

rotor
Posts in topic: 6

Post by rotor »

Perhaps they figure that if you walk through their doors carrying you are there to rob them and their immediate response is to shoot you. No LTC people will break the sign law therefore you must be a crook. Sounds logical to me in a perverse way.

RossA
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Post by RossA »

I have met those guys and they seemed pretty good to me. Can't believe they are pulling this nonsense. Totally changes my perception of them. And yes, I have been shot at.
God and the soldier we adore,
In times of danger, not before.
The danger gone, the trouble righted,
God's forgotten, the soldier slighted.

Vol Texan
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Vol Texan »

I was in Stafford today, in that office complex, taking the NRA Instructor Pistol Shooting Course, when I saw that sign and posted it on www.Texas3006.com. To be honest, I was astounded that they would have such a thing on their door, alienating a significant portion of their primary customer base. I could imagine my wife putting on her jewelry store: no coming in here if you really like to wear the jewelry you buy, unless i know you well. No, I guess she wouldn't do that either.

Oh well, no loss for me.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

RossA wrote:I have met those guys and they seemed pretty good to me. Can't believe they are pulling this nonsense. Totally changes my perception of them. And yes, I have been shot at.
I've been shot at once......by someone who didn't even know that I was there and that they were shooting at me...... but the bullets would have hit me if I didn't have hard cover to jump behind. The experience has nothing to do with my opinion in this matter, which is that the signs are idiotic in light of their alleged reasoning.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

MeMelYup

Post by MeMelYup »

howdy wrote:Has anyone here used Avenger Arms in Stafford. I just received notice that they have their store posted with both 30.06 and 30.07. I went to their facebook page and asked them if this was true. They responded with this: "Yes, We just don't want anyone that we don't know walking in with loaded weapons with the opportunity to rob or shoot us. If you become a regular customer then it is allowed." I told them that I would never be a customer with the store being posted and they said this "Sorry you feel that way but apparently you haven't been shot at"

From reading your blurb on Avenger Arms their reasoning and logic is flawed. Apparently they don't realize that the safest people are the ones that have a LTC. The ones that are going to rob or shoot up the place are the ones that the signs have no effect on, and they will not care about signs anyway. Evidently the attitude comes from someone shooting up the store.

EastTexasRancher

Post by EastTexasRancher »

While I've not been shot at, I've had a gun pulled on me twice. One time pressed against my temple.

This store shall be added to places I won't shop. It's a shame really, because in today's world of websites and big box stores, these are the kinds of places I like to frequent and thus support.

Abraham
Posts in topic: 10

Post by Abraham »

This is one store I'll avoid like the plague.

They don't want my business or money and I don't care for their extremely flawed logic leading to their posted signage.

It's downright offensive especially given the market they "hope" to cater to.

Jusme
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Jusme »

I could understand a sign saying something like: " Please ensure, that any gun you plan on handling in our store is unloaded. All loaded guns must remain holstered, at all times."
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 9

Post by bblhd672 »

Their website has an OCT logo on the front page. Guess they support open carry, except in their store. :banghead:
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Sport Coach

Post by Sport Coach »

Wouldn't selling guns pretty much require you believe in the second amendment and that you have studied and understand that LTC folks are the good guys and have strong statistically proven gun handling skills with very rare exceptions? I'm puzzled and won't stop there.
“Hope is an expensive commodity. It makes better sense to be prepared.” - Thucydides

Abraham
Posts in topic: 10

Post by Abraham »

Perhaps, the owners of AA will become aware of this thread, read it and understand if our little microcosm of the gun world are very put off (to put it mildly) by their signage, maybe they'll realize we're only the very tip of the "I won't buy a gun or anything else from them" iceberg...

Supposedly, any publicity is good, but if it's all bad, how good is it...?

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”