What are your 2018 shooting goals?

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Scott B.
Posts in topic: 8

Re: What are your 2018 shooting goals?

Post by Scott B. »

Six months in, six months to go - how are you doing on your 2018 shooting goals?

I've shot the Dot Torture drill clean.

The 5x5 (5 yrds, 5 shots in 5 seconds 5 times) drill I can shoot clean right at 5 seconds per string, but I'm working on knocking some time off that.

Bottom one is where I started pushing it. Close but no cigar.

Haven't taken any pistol classes this year but have my eye on a couple in the fall. Did participate in a pistol instructor's practice last week that was a good challenge. Also thinking about taking a sporting clays class with OSP (the Ash's) at American Shooting Center.

All in all, I'm at a really happy place with my shooting...which means I really need to step up my goals.
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

Topic author
Scott B.
Posts in topic: 8

Re: What are your 2018 shooting goals?

Post by Scott B. »

oljames3 wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:18 pm ...I am confident that I have achieved the 25% of Grand Master accuracy that Karl mentions in this artilcle on drills.
http://blog.krtraining.com/handgun-worl ... ls-plus-2/

My goal for 2018 is to use these drills to improve my accuracy and take more training to improve my overall self defense abilities.
Tried "The Test" from the list at KR Training that oljames linked to. Challenging. 10 yards, 10 shots, in 10 seconds w/ a score of 90 or better.

I could do it in the 13 ~ 14 second range. I'm going to work on getting it down into the 11 ~ 12 second range and then down into the 10s.

LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”