Do Own A Sig 365?

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Do Own A Sig 365?

Post by The Annoyed Man »

extremist wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 1:24 pm
The Annoyed Man wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 8:08 pm ... but the P365 is a disaster.
Oh good grief it is not. Mine is perfect, probably 400 rounds downrange, another 100 today.
I am happy for you that yours has been problem free. I truly am. Tim at MAC had his fail completely (broken trigger mechanism) at around 1,000 rounds. I do not say this to mock, because I know that you put a LOT of rounds down range every year, but I sincerely hope that yours continues to hold together past that mark.

You’re right - other manufacturers have had issues in the past. I am the “lucky” owner of a Springfield XDS45 that I had to return for that particular recall. I’ve never had any issue with any of my Glocks, but I suppose it could happen. But I was kicking around the idea of a P320 long before the “drop safe” issue came up, and it chased me away from wanting one. I had handled and dry-fired one, and like them. But I also personally know at least one of the testers who was able to demonstrate the problem with that gun. In fact, some of YOU guys might know him personally also - Patrick Roberts, formerly of TFB and currently of The Firearms Rack, who goes by “Killerfly128” on these pages. I am satisfied that Sig has taken steps to fix that problem by replacing the triggers at their cost. If I ever buy one of those guns, it will be a while down the road until the ones with the “upgraded” trigger have been around for a while. I’ll reserve similar judgement on whether or not I would eventually buy a P365 until after Sig has (A) recalled and/or repaired all the P365s currently out there, and (B) is shipping guns with redesigned/retooled parts and they’ve been out there for a while with a good record of reliability.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

cmgee67
Posts in topic: 7

Post by cmgee67 »

P365 = awesome concept
Current 365 quality control? = major flop

cyphertext
Posts in topic: 6

Post by cyphertext »

cmgee67 wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 4:38 pm P365 = awesome concept
Current 365 quality control? = major flop
It isn't only the P365... The P320 had issues... I carry a P290RS, the improved version of the P290... too many guns coming from Sig with issues.

flechero

Post by flechero »

cyphertext wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 7:50 pm It isn't only the P365... The P320 had issues...
I don't consider the 320 a flop, regardless of the bad press. Lots of guns aren't certified drop safe, although it did pass all the prescribed tests to earn such a label. And now it's altered/upgraded to be "completely drop safe." So it shoots great, has a nicer trigger than the plastic competition, modular grip bodies and fits most hands and hasn't had any mag, feed or frame issues (like several others) and you think it's a flop? That's a bit too critical, IMO. :tiphat:

Not to re-open that can O' worms but I wonder how many other "drop safe" guns have since been revisited with a hammer? :smash:

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

I have one reserved if it ever comes in. My understanding they did fix some issues. I will get it and shoot it like I do all others that I decide to carry.

I have had my Shield and G43 both recalled and fixed. I sold the Shield (9mm) several years ago and bought another in .45 a while back. I sold the G43, but turned around and bought another. It is a tool and at any time the tool can break.

Matter of fact my Sub 2000 is supposed to be back tomorrow.

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

For me there are two kinds of guns, Gunst to depend on and guns that are toys. I wouldn't buy a gun that to carry or protect my home that hadn't been on the market for a few years. and developed a reputation for being safe and reliable. A gun that's to be used as a range toy or a collector's safe queen is a different story. I would think that one would want to have the highest possible confidence in the weapons they choose to carry.

Other people have more trust than I do. I would never trust a 1911 because of reliability issues with defensive ammo nor a Glock's and their ilk because of their reputation for shooting the people they are meant to protect. Others don't worry about such things. That's OK, but for me, I carry because of the tiny odds I'm going to need it. It makes no sense to play the odds with unsafe or unreliable weapons.

Some people put little importance to being drop safe. The thing is most people aren't that drop safe. We get into car accidents we fall, and things fall onto us. It's one thing to take a gun that might not be 100% drop safe to the range, but on one's persons while working driving etc. is a risk I wouldn't want to take. like everything in life though we make choices.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

cyphertext

Post by cyphertext »

flechero wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 9:44 pm
cyphertext wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 7:50 pm It isn't only the P365... The P320 had issues...
I don't consider the 320 a flop, regardless of the bad press. Lots of guns aren't certified drop safe, although it did pass all the prescribed tests to earn such a label. And now it's altered/upgraded to be "completely drop safe." So it shoots great, has a nicer trigger than the plastic competition, modular grip bodies and fits most hands and hasn't had any mag, feed or frame issues (like several others) and you think it's a flop? That's a bit too critical, IMO. :tiphat:

Not to re-open that can O' worms but I wonder how many other "drop safe" guns have since been revisited with a hammer? :smash:
The DoD may disagree with you. But my judgement is not just due to one firearm... It is the number of firearms that Sig has released with issues recently.

cyphertext

Post by cyphertext »

Liberty wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 4:45 am For me there are two kinds of guns, Gunst to depend on and guns that are toys. I wouldn't buy a gun that to carry or protect my home that hadn't been on the market for a few years. and developed a reputation for being safe and reliable. A gun that's to be used as a range toy or a collector's safe queen is a different story. I would think that one would want to have the highest possible confidence in the weapons they choose to carry.

Other people have more trust than I do. I would never trust a 1911 because of reliability issues with defensive ammo nor a Glock's and their ilk because of their reputation for shooting the people they are meant to protect. Others don't worry about such things. That's OK, but for me, I carry because of the tiny odds I'm going to need it. It makes no sense to play the odds with unsafe or unreliable weapons.

Some people put little importance to being drop safe. The thing is most people aren't that drop safe. We get into car accidents we fall, and things fall onto us. It's one thing to take a gun that might not be 100% drop safe to the range, but on one's persons while working driving etc. is a risk I wouldn't want to take. like everything in life though we make choices.
Now I'm curious in what you carry? I've never seen a Glock shoot someone without the trigger being pulled. Can't blame the gun for owner's carelessness.

cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

Glocks won’t go off unless the trigger is pulled. They mechanically can’t so your argument about how they shoot those they try to protect is invalid. In fact most modern striker fired guns are the same way. Like I said earlier the 365 is a great concept and an amazing step but it just needs refinement. I just tend to stick with things that have a been out a couple years and get the bugs worked out. Maybe ina few years I’ll own one but not now plus I despise the way the 365 feels in the hand so theres that. I don’t want any new production sig saur firearms at the moment period.

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

cyphertext wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 7:22 am
Liberty wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 4:45 am For me there are two kinds of guns, Gunst to depend on and guns that are toys. I wouldn't buy a gun that to carry or protect my home that hadn't been on the market for a few years. and developed a reputation for being safe and reliable. A gun that's to be used as a range toy or a collector's safe queen is a different story. I would think that one would want to have the highest possible confidence in the weapons they choose to carry.

Now I'm curious in what you carry? I've never seen a Glock shoot someone without the trigger being pulled. Can't blame the gun for owner's carelessness.
I agree its always the trigger being pulled but sometimes though its a shirtsleeve, others its a piece of holster. While Glockleg is almost always the users fault, there is just less of a margin of safety. The art and science of safety typically calls for layers of protection. A manual safety, double action first shot trigger, and rising hammer is a triple layer of added safety.
I mostly carry a Beretta Storm Subcompact. other times I carry a 92FS, less often I take my Ruger P95 out to get some air.
To be honest , I understand some people carry them feeling perfectly safe. I've been carrying DA/SA so long that feel like somethings missing when handling the typical striker pistol. I'm also concerned that so many folks are buying these micro striker guns as their first guns. I don't mean to get evangelical about all this, but I do believe that new buyers don't even consider the options.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

flechero

Post by flechero »

Liberty wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 4:45 am I would never trust a 1911 because of reliability issues with defensive ammo
Isn't that a bit broad? Since there have been over 100 manufacturers and 1000's of models in the last 100+ years, ruling out an entire class of pistol, and it's variants. (many of which are as reliable as any "modern" design) Using that logic in plastic guns that have ever choked, would nearly eliminate any choice left.

I agree that reliability is key, but also realize that there is a difference between Baer, Wilson, STI,etc and ATI,Jennings, etc. About like comparing a 2018 Rolls Royce to a 74' pinto. :lol:

Scott B.
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Scott B. »

There's a lot of signal noise w/ Sig these days. The 320 issue was resolved. They moved forward.

The 365 is innovative and also the hottest selling new pistol. There have been some issues, they'll fix them and move on.

Every manufacturer goes through this. Glock? They've been making the same product for 30 years, refining it as they go. The 43 was new a few years back. They had issues, fixed them and moved on.

1911 been around a while. We can debate if it's been perfected or not. ;-) Wheel guns been around a while, pretty reliable.

There are no flawless new product launches.

Sig could do the safe thing and continue to make DA/SA pistols but they're going to innovate just like every other successful manufacturer.

Am I biased? I suppose. I sell more Sig product to local LE than outfits 3x our size. I carried a 320 for a while so I could speak more effectively about it.

What is my EDC gun? A tried and true M&P9 Pro....and yes, they had problems too.
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

MechAg94
Posts in topic: 1

Post by MechAg94 »

I have a Sig P320. Extremely reliable pistol. I never had a single issue with it. I sent it in for the recall and I would say the trigger pull is better afterward. I don't shoot it quite as well I do my CZ P10C so I am carrying the P10. I hope Sig or 3rd parties come out with modified frames. I like the large frame I have, but I would like to see a grip that is a little different. I figure with the military contract, 3rd party options will be there eventually.

I can't think of any manufacturer that doesn't have issues with new products. And every gun you buy needs to be evaluated to make sure it performs for your intended task no matter what reputation it has.

cyphertext

Post by cyphertext »

Scott B. wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 9:27 am There's a lot of signal noise w/ Sig these days. The 320 issue was resolved. They moved forward.

The 365 is innovative and also the hottest selling new pistol. There have been some issues, they'll fix them and move on.

Every manufacturer goes through this. Glock? They've been making the same product for 30 years, refining it as they go. The 43 was new a few years back. They had issues, fixed them and moved on.

1911 been around a while. We can debate if it's been perfected or not. ;-) Wheel guns been around a while, pretty reliable.

There are no flawless new product launches.

Sig could do the safe thing and continue to make DA/SA pistols but they're going to innovate just like every other successful manufacturer.

Am I biased? I suppose. I sell more Sig product to local LE than outfits 3x our size. I carried a 320 for a while so I could speak more effectively about it.

What is my EDC gun? A tried and true M&P9 Pro....and yes, they had problems too.
Not arguing that they won't fix it... just that until they do, I wouldn't carry one. The P365 has had more than just a single issue. Seems like Sig has more problems than most lately.

cyphertext

Post by cyphertext »

MechAg94 wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 9:41 am And every gun you buy needs to be evaluated to make sure it performs for your intended task no matter what reputation it has.
I agree, except that it is easier to feel comfortable with a proven gun than it is one that does not have a good reputation. For example, my son just bought a Glock 19 and after a couple of hundred rounds we believe it to be good to go. With the current P365, who knows if the striker is going to break? Yes, a Glock striker can break too, but it doesn't have that reputation.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”