If so, how is it performing?

Is it ammo sensitive?

If so, what ammo?

Thanks!

flechero
Posts in topic: 7

Re: Do Own A Sig 365?

Post by flechero »

Timely... Not to say the 365 does or doesn't prefer any specific ammo but I got an email a few minutes ago with this link.,...

https://www.sigsauer.com/store/catalogs ... mm+115+365

Topic author
Abraham
Posts in topic: 10

Post by Abraham »

flechero,

Thanks, I'm very interested in this gun, but it'll take a year before I buy one, unless: I see lots and lots good reports. Let others be beta testers. Even after that time, you can still find guns that aren't reliable, but after a year or so of being on the market, if flaws show up and Sig fixes them before they're for sale, great. I just don't want to go through the returning of a gun to the factory so it'll work properly.

I watched a YT video regarding the Sig 365 and man it did NOT like the 115 grain round nose FMJ's.

How so: It often wouldn't go into all the way into battery.

The video was pooh poohed on a Sig forum, but I saw it over and over not go into battery.

How do you argue with that?

The Sig guys knocked the video from a number of perspectives, one being the shooters used cheap ammo.

Please, most of us don't use premium, that is to say high dollar ammo for range practice.

The Sig guys are diehard fans and will not hear of one of their precious guns being criticized...

rotor
Posts in topic: 3

Post by rotor »

I held one in my hands a few weeks ago on sale at Academy. It didn't feel quite right in my hands and of course at Academy you can't dry fire it. I think waiting a year is a good idea. It is already essentially a gen 2 model and most reports are good for the gen 2. Sig will be coming out with one with a safety at some point (your choice) as it is described in the manual. Reports of peening have been made. Magazine springs may or may not last. All in all though I think Sig has really come out with a great product and will sell a ton of them. I prefer to wait before rushing in.

Topic author
Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Rotor,

On the 'Sig Forum' there's quite a thread regarding the 365.

It's reliability (currently) sounds hit and miss.

Some swear they've zero problems, others willing to admit they've had problems with FTE's and other things.

I'm going to wait, though for sure I'd like to have one now.

I'm spoiled though.

My Glock 19 is so reliable I've come to unrealistically it seems expect all semi-autos to be the same.

Sadly, they're not.

I want the 365 for yard/house use. G19's fully loaded are rather heavy. Not conducive to chain saw work, or spraying herbicide or all the other outside things I work at in my yard. Yes, my yard is big enough to be rather park like...The 365 is light as a feather, lots of capacity, but man it's gotta be reliable.

My Ruger LC9S is light as a feather too, but only 8 rounds with one in the pipe, and it turns out not as bad/unreliable as it was initially, but it had to be sent to the factory to make things right. That's a giant pain in posterior. I've finally learned it ammo sensitive and I now know what it likes to shoot and what it doesn't. Problem is again, I'm spoiled. My G19 will shoot anything 9mm. Sigh...

The 365 capacity is very appealing and from what I gather, it's not as punishing to shoot (as the LC9S) and it's light weight is quite appealing too. Apparently, due to it's design is somehow less than the snappishness of the LC9S.

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

I don't have guns that are "ammo sensitive" with the exception of .22lr semi-autos where there are no real alternatives that will reliably cycle SV ammo. For my center fire guns, I want a gun that will work with all ammo.

troglodyte
Posts in topic: 1

Post by troglodyte »

A friend just got one last week. He brought it out to a training session we were doing and ran a few rounds through it before we started and let us do the same. Far from being an exhaustive test, there was no problems with a box of WWB. Everyone, of all hand sizes, liked it. My hands are not big, and I found the grip to be surprisingly small, but I felt it was comfortable and easy to control. With time? Who knows? After shooting a couple of hundred rounds I may think differently. First impressions were favorable.
Talon Firearms Training
Instructor - License To Carry, School Safety, First Responder: Texas DPS, Certified Instructor: Rangemasters/Tom Givens
NRA Instructor - Basic Pistol, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Range Safety Officer
Stop The Bleed Instructor

Topic author
Abraham

Post by Abraham »

troglodyte

Great to hear!

Thanks!!

Scott B.
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Scott B. »

Please, don't buy any 365s...I need all of them that I can get my hands on. :smilelol5: The 365 is simply the hottest seller right now. They have a huge hit on their hands.

My wait list has gone over 40 and we're a small shop. I'm hording magazines and holsters for them like there's no tomorrow.

One of these days I'll get a big shipment and will be able to keep one for myself.

No negative reports thus far. All the one I've seen have had April build dates.
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

extremist
Posts in topic: 4

Post by extremist »

I was lucky to get my P365 from Cabelas, ordered online on 4/12/18 for $529, picked up on 4/20. They have now cut off orders and have 3000+ on back order. I got mine cheap ($410 out the door) because I used Cabelas rewards points :cool:

I've run probably 200 FMJ through it and close to 100 JHP of various rounds and it has been flawless, save one Midwest JHP that failed to extract, probably due to the fact these are very lightly loaded rounds. Mine is very accurate from 3-7 yards, because of the small size, hard to shoot one hole groups beyond that - at least for me :lol:

We have one at the range rental counter at Shoot Point Blank NRH, hundreds of FMJ down range, no failures that I'm aware of.

Mine fits my hand great, I do have smaller hands. And the 12 round mag is not HUGE by any means, only adds roughly a third of an inch to the grip over the flush 10 rounder. Less than that compared to the 10 round with finger extension.

It has a great trigger (I think better than standard P320), great sights, very easy to carry in an IWB holster (which is my required mode of carry at work).

Has it been over-hyped? Heck yeah for good reason. Can you find it for less than MSRP of $599? Absolutely, if you are patient and smart, yes. Academy's shipments have come in at $529. Brownell's has "thousands" on back order for $499 (I have 2 on order there). The places that have them in stock are gouging people if not a big box retailer. Shame on them.

P.S. Fixed my backorders at Brownell's today and only have one on order now, 3/23/18 date. They are working to finish filling January back orders :banghead:

BTW, I sold my Shield 1.0 with safety, never did really like it. P365 is my regular carry now.

I would sell my PPS M1, and my Kahr PM9, but I'd have to practically give them away so I'll just hang on to them. They won't get carried and shot much anymore. ;-)
TX LTC Instructor, NRA Endowment Life Member, USPSA CRO
NRA Handgun/Rifle/Shotgun/Home Firearm Safety, Chief Range Safety Officer

Scott B.
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Scott B. »

Those are the Xray 3 sights (really they're Trijicon XDXR branded for Sig w/ green front sight). Those sights also come standard on the Legion series.

Very nice touch putting them on the 365s after a spat of dead SIGLITE sights (made by Mepro for Sig).

The Xray is a popular sight upgrade for any of your classic or 320 series Sigs.
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

I've seen a number of reviewers state that the 365 is replacing the P938 in their carry rotation. That makes me very intrigued. I went through the Kahr PM9, Glock 42/43, and a multitude of others before finally deciding on the P938 for my "tiny gun" spot in the rotation. Looks like I will need to do a head to head compare between my 938 and the 365, if I can ever manage to get my hands on one.

cmgee67
Posts in topic: 7

Post by cmgee67 »

I just stick with Glock and smith semis or Ruger revolvers...

Smokey613
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Smokey613 »

I purchased two P365 a couple of weeks ago. Sold one to a friend and kept the other one. So far after 500rds it is flawless and is now my new off duty carry choice. I am very happy with it.
IMG_0357.jpg
Last edited by Smokey613 on Wed May 02, 2018 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Texas LEO / TCOLE Firearms Instructor / LTC / Glock Armorer / NRA Endowment-Life Member

txhighlander
Posts in topic: 2

Post by txhighlander »

cmgee67 wrote:I just stick with Glock and smith semis or Ruger revolvers...
Remove the Glock and replace with Beretta and CZ, I will stick with those. :thumbs2:
Truth against the world

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”