Daniel Defense - Friend or Foe

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

User avatar

mojo84
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 8654
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:07 pm
Location: Boerne, TX (Kendall County)

Re: Daniel Defense - Friend or Foe

#16

Post by mojo84 » Sun May 06, 2018 11:56 am

Is there any person or company with whom you agree with on 100% of the issues and decisions? If not, does that make everyone and all companies a foe? Does a husband and wife have to agree 100% at all times in order to not be foes?

I just find it hard to categorize a company with the product line of Daniel Defense as anti-gun or anti-2nd Amendment.


Topic author
cyphertext
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 15
Posts: 609
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:31 am

Re: Daniel Defense - Friend or Foe

#17

Post by cyphertext » Sun May 06, 2018 12:08 pm

mojo84 wrote:Is there any person or company with whom you agree with on 100% of the issues and decisions? If not, does that make everyone and all companies a foe? Does a husband and wife have to agree 100% at all times in order to not be foes?

I just find it hard to categorize a company with the product line of Daniel Defense as anti-gun or anti-2nd Amendment.
You would think that, but when their actions tend to line with pro gun control groups, it does make you think... I mean, one of the things that the March for Our Lives kids are demanding is that the age to purchase an "assault weapon" would be raised to 21. Seems like DD supports this idea by turning away 18 yr olds at their boot at the NRA convention.

Would you think Dick's Sporting Goods would have done what they have done lately?

You don't think that it is a bad business decision to tell a consumer who could legally purchase your product that they can not participate in your marketing campaign at an industry trade show? Is it smart to alienate consumers of your product when they first reach legal age to buy your product?


Topic author
cyphertext
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 15
Posts: 609
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:31 am

Re: Daniel Defense - Friend or Foe

#18

Post by cyphertext » Sun May 06, 2018 12:11 pm

Let me put it this way... The March For Our Lives kids are saying you are either for us, or against us. My son is of that age group, a registered voter, and is against them... However, if he is pushed away by the very gun community that he supports, why should he continue to support it?


crazy2medic
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1028
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:59 am

Re: Daniel Defense - Friend or Foe

#19

Post by crazy2medic » Sun May 06, 2018 12:51 pm

So what stops a father from purchasing his 18yo son an AR? Absolutely Nothing! When my son was 13yo he had my Rock River AR in his room for when I was on duty for 24hrs, I never worried about it for one second, this would go back to properly raising your kids!
Because of one lunatic that had no proper upbringing, a truly faulty school administration, a deeply flawed sheriffs office and an idiotic Presidential initiative they are preventing legal adults from purchasing a legal Firearm!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention

User avatar

ScottDLS
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 4451
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2005 1:04 am
Location: DFW Area, TX

Re: Daniel Defense - Friend or Foe

#20

Post by ScottDLS » Sun May 06, 2018 1:11 pm

cyphertext wrote:
skeathley wrote:I believe in some states one has to be 21 to buy a rifle, just not in Texas. There were people at NRAAM from all over. That might be the reason for that policy.
No other vendor that had drawings for rifles had that issue. And per the data at Giffords Law Center, only Hawaii and Illinois require you to be 21 to purchase a rifle.

http://lawcenter.giffords.org/gun-laws/ ... age/#state
And Florida and Vermont.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"


Topic author
cyphertext
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 15
Posts: 609
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:31 am

Re: Daniel Defense - Friend or Foe

#21

Post by cyphertext » Sun May 06, 2018 1:21 pm

ScottDLS wrote:
cyphertext wrote:
skeathley wrote:I believe in some states one has to be 21 to buy a rifle, just not in Texas. There were people at NRAAM from all over. That might be the reason for that policy.
No other vendor that had drawings for rifles had that issue. And per the data at Giffords Law Center, only Hawaii and Illinois require you to be 21 to purchase a rifle.

http://lawcenter.giffords.org/gun-laws/ ... age/#state
And Florida and Vermont.
Not per that website... Florida says 18 to purchase long gun, Vermont says 16.

User avatar

Pawpaw
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 6201
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:16 am
Location: Hunt County

Re: Daniel Defense - Friend or Foe

#22

Post by Pawpaw » Sun May 06, 2018 1:34 pm

cyphertext wrote:
ScottDLS wrote:
cyphertext wrote:
skeathley wrote:I believe in some states one has to be 21 to buy a rifle, just not in Texas. There were people at NRAAM from all over. That might be the reason for that policy.
No other vendor that had drawings for rifles had that issue. And per the data at Giffords Law Center, only Hawaii and Illinois require you to be 21 to purchase a rifle.

http://lawcenter.giffords.org/gun-laws/ ... age/#state
And Florida and Vermont.
Not per that website... Florida says 18 to purchase long gun, Vermont says 16.
Both Florida and Vermont just passed new laws limiting all gun purchases to 21 and over.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member


Topic author
cyphertext
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 15
Posts: 609
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:31 am

Re: Daniel Defense - Friend or Foe

#23

Post by cyphertext » Sun May 06, 2018 1:44 pm

Pawpaw wrote:
cyphertext wrote:
ScottDLS wrote:
cyphertext wrote:
skeathley wrote:I believe in some states one has to be 21 to buy a rifle, just not in Texas. There were people at NRAAM from all over. That might be the reason for that policy.
No other vendor that had drawings for rifles had that issue. And per the data at Giffords Law Center, only Hawaii and Illinois require you to be 21 to purchase a rifle.

http://lawcenter.giffords.org/gun-laws/ ... age/#state
And Florida and Vermont.
Not per that website... Florida says 18 to purchase long gun, Vermont says 16.
Both Florida and Vermont just passed new laws limiting all gun purchases to 21 and over.
Hmmm, didn't realize they had passed... Still seems like DD supports those measures, as they simply could state in the terms and conditions that the winner had to be eligible to have the firearm transferred to him in accordance with state and local laws.


Soccerdad1995
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 3603
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:03 pm

Re: Daniel Defense - Friend or Foe

#24

Post by Soccerdad1995 » Sun May 06, 2018 2:29 pm

We are in a war for our civil rights. This is not a time for politicians, companies, or individuals to be cute or vague. You are truly either with us or against us.
Ding dong, the witch is dead


rotor
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 3069
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:26 pm

Re: Daniel Defense - Friend or Foe

#25

Post by rotor » Sun May 06, 2018 2:30 pm

cyphertext wrote:
C-dub wrote:And you didn't ask them why?
Started to, but my son said forget it... didn't want to waste his time at the convention. But not sure that there is a valid why when every other booth let him sign up for the drawings for long guns. He just couldn't sign up for the handguns because of his age and their inability to transfer to him.
Rather then guess and wonder, you just should have asked. Then your post would have been much more (or less) interesting.


Topic author
cyphertext
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 15
Posts: 609
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:31 am

Re: Daniel Defense - Friend or Foe

#26

Post by cyphertext » Sun May 06, 2018 4:28 pm

rotor wrote:
cyphertext wrote:
C-dub wrote:And you didn't ask them why?
Started to, but my son said forget it... didn't want to waste his time at the convention. But not sure that there is a valid why when every other booth let him sign up for the drawings for long guns. He just couldn't sign up for the handguns because of his age and their inability to transfer to him.
Rather then guess and wonder, you just should have asked. Then your post would have been much more (or less) interesting.
No, shouldn't have to ask... Person who is of legal age to purchase the firearm should be able to participate in the vendor marketing at a 2A convention... anything else should be unacceptable!

User avatar

spectre
Banned
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 347
Joined: Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:44 am

Re: Daniel Defense - Friend or Foe

#27

Post by spectre » Sun May 06, 2018 4:32 pm

If they didn't let anybody over 60 enter, I wonder if there would be as many people here defending the policy.
I'm in a good place right now
Not emotionally or financially
But I am at the gun store


rotor
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 3069
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:26 pm

Re: Daniel Defense - Friend or Foe

#28

Post by rotor » Sun May 06, 2018 5:39 pm

cyphertext wrote:
rotor wrote:
cyphertext wrote:
C-dub wrote:And you didn't ask them why?
Started to, but my son said forget it... didn't want to waste his time at the convention. But not sure that there is a valid why when every other booth let him sign up for the drawings for long guns. He just couldn't sign up for the handguns because of his age and their inability to transfer to him.
Rather then guess and wonder, you just should have asked. Then your post would have been much more (or less) interesting.
No, shouldn't have to ask... Person who is of legal age to purchase the firearm should be able to participate in the vendor marketing at a 2A convention... anything else should be unacceptable!
Obviously we are not dealing with YETI or Dick's. Had you just asked you might have walked away with a good answer. Or perhaps not. Many people at the convention are from states that don't allow rifles to under 21. That seems most plausible to me. Better than defaming the company.
See next
https://www.nrablog.com/articles/2018/1 ... n-sponsor/

User avatar

mojo84
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 8654
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:07 pm
Location: Boerne, TX (Kendall County)

Re: Daniel Defense - Friend or Foe

#29

Post by mojo84 » Sun May 06, 2018 6:05 pm

spectre wrote:If they didn't let anybody over 60 enter, I wonder if there would be as many people here defending the policy.
There's a difference between defending them and not condemning them based on one particular incident. One can disagree with a decision without defaulting to classifying them a foe.


Topic author
cyphertext
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 15
Posts: 609
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:31 am

Re: Daniel Defense - Friend or Foe

#30

Post by cyphertext » Sun May 06, 2018 7:53 pm

rotor wrote:
cyphertext wrote:
rotor wrote:
cyphertext wrote:
C-dub wrote:And you didn't ask them why?
Started to, but my son said forget it... didn't want to waste his time at the convention. But not sure that there is a valid why when every other booth let him sign up for the drawings for long guns. He just couldn't sign up for the handguns because of his age and their inability to transfer to him.
Rather then guess and wonder, you just should have asked. Then your post would have been much more (or less) interesting.
No, shouldn't have to ask... Person who is of legal age to purchase the firearm should be able to participate in the vendor marketing at a 2A convention... anything else should be unacceptable!
Obviously we are not dealing with YETI or Dick's. Had you just asked you might have walked away with a good answer. Or perhaps not. Many people at the convention are from states that don't allow rifles to under 21. That seems most plausible to me. Better than defaming the company.
See next
https://www.nrablog.com/articles/2018/1 ... n-sponsor/
Four states have requirements to be 21 to purchase rifles... that means 46, or 92% do not. I'm not defaming them... I am telling what they did at the convention, and they have done other questionable things regarding 2A support in the past. Again, there is not a "good answer" for turning away a person who could legally purchase your product.

Post Reply

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”