Your most “American” gun on this 4th of July

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

dlh
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Your most “American” gun on this 4th of July

Post by dlh »

Favorite American Rifle: The venerable Ruger 10/22.

Favorite American pistol: Any Smith and Wesson.
Please know and follow the rules of firearms safety.

SpringerFan

Post by SpringerFan »

Pistols for me would be any American made 1911, or any American made SAA 1873 Peacemaker.
For rifles, every red blooded American needs an AR.
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."
Col. Jeff Cooper

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I hadn’t really thought about it until just now..... but I suppose it would be between my 1943 Ithaca 1911A1 that was my dad’s WW2 sidearm, my S&W 5” Model 29 Classic, or my S&W 340M&P. I own a Springfield Loaded 1911A1, but it was Brazilian made. I have two other S&W revolvers - a 640 and a 642 - but I like the light weight of the 340 and the power of .357. But truth be told, ANY pistol my 2nd Amendment right allows me to carry would be suitable for me. I’d consider it no less American to carry my Austrian manufactured Glock 19 as anything else.

Rifles? All of mine are American made, either by me, or by American companies. The one that would be the most “commemorative” would be my 1943 Inland M1 Carbine, or possibly my Marlin .30-30. But heck, I also have a FN SCAR 17S too, and now even those are built in America, so.......

As for what I will actually carry today - holiday or not - it will probably be my 340M&P, either pocket carried or concealed OWB, as it is very light, and I will be attending an outdoor BBQ in my old neighborhood, sporting a Hawaiian shirt, cargo shorts, and flip-flops. I sweat like a hog and don’t want to sweat all over the gun, so it will most likely be pocket carried. I probably won’t bring a long gun along at all. I will be among friends, in a safe and quiet neighborhood, not that far from home, and I’ll be home before dark to help my dogs stay calm. The risks are low.

The fact is that for me - and this is just MY taste - I tend not to distinguish between guns/holsters gussied up to be carried for a celebratory reason, and anything I’d carry daily. I can appreciate the art that goes into making beautiful holsters and tarted up carry guns, but it just isn’t my style.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

Most of my guns have purely American heritage, but I guess my MOST American gun would be my M-1 Carbine. It's a 1944 Winchester.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

I don't have a Big collection, nor do I have fancy guns, For Hanguns I have 2 Berretta one is a 92fs. Even though they are made in the USA and the 92FS was used by much of our military, I consider my Ruger P95 the most American. It's simple, reliable tough and rugged American designed and made. Too me very American.

The gun I have that, to me, is the most American would be the Ruger 10/22, It's a gun that so many of us have grown up with, and continues to be fun and useful. There is something about the .22 cal that is very American.

I do have a Ruger AR 15. I suppose a case could be made that it's more American, but to me it just doesn't have the tradition of the venerable 10/22.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

flechero
Posts in topic: 3

Post by flechero »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:19 pm 1943 Ithaca 1911A1 that was my Dad’s WW2 sidearm
That's the one I'd pick, without even having to think about it! Few things (guns or otherwise) represent America and Her spirit better than that!

A salute to The Annoyed Dad! :patriot:

Do you have any pics of it that you wouldn't mind posting?

jason812

Post by jason812 »

Every one I have cause the 2nd amendment says I can have them and there is no other country that let's us have the freedom to do so.

Happy birthday America and God bless the men that fought to found her and the ones that continue to keep her free.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

My M-1 rifle for what I hope are obvious reasons. :)
Psalm 91:2

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Toss up between Colt 1911 Gold Cup & M1 Garand.

Close second, or third depending on how you look at it since one of the above will have to be second, would be my 1903 Springfield & Colt M4.

The Garand may hold a slight edge since even Patton praised it.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Topic author
surferdaddy
Posts in topic: 8

Post by surferdaddy »

jason812 wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:00 pm Every one I have cause the 2nd amendment says I can have them and there is no other country that let's us have the freedom to do so.

Happy birthday America and God bless the men that fought to found her and the ones that continue to keep her free.
Hear, Hear sir!!
CHL/LTC instructor
NRA basic pistol/home firearm safety instructor.

Ameer

Post by Ameer »

Pawpaw wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:24 pm Most of my guns have purely American heritage, but I guess my MOST American gun would be my M-1 Carbine. It's a 1944 Winchester.
:iagree: but my M-1 Carbine was made by IBM
I believe the basic political division in this country is not between liberals and conservatives but between those who believe that they should have a say in the personal lives of strangers and those who do not.

flowrie

Post by flowrie »

My Springfield 1911A1.
Former NRA Life Member
1911 fan

oohrah

Post by oohrah »

Yes, my 1911A1 I brought back from Viet Nam that probably also saw service in WWII.
USMC, Retired
Treating one variety of person as better or worse than others by accident of birth is morally indefensible.

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

Ameer wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:01 pm
Pawpaw wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:24 pm Most of my guns have purely American heritage, but I guess my MOST American gun would be my M-1 Carbine. It's a 1944 Winchester.
Wow! The only thing better than that would be a Rock-Ola.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

G26ster

Post by G26ster »

Pawpaw wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:33 pm
Ameer wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:01 pm
Wow! The only thing better than that would be a Rock-Ola.
Sold my Rock-Ola and my 2 Inlands. Still have the Quality Hardware left on consignment. The Rock-Ola was the hardest to part with. :cryin

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”