The NRA Says It’s in Deep Financial Trouble, May Be ‘Unable to Exist’

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

OneGun
Posts in topic: 1

Re: The NRA Says It’s in Deep Financial Trouble, May Be ‘Unable to Exist’

Post by OneGun »

I understand from another board that the NRA passed out copies of their financial disclosures at the Dallas meeting. Did anyone here go to the meeting and retain a copy?

That would answer a lot of questions. Because the NRA is not a SEC registrant, they have no obligation to publicize their financials.

One
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

G.A. Heath

Post by G.A. Heath »

For those who are hoping that Charles will provide some insight on this, don't hold your breath because I doubt we will hear from him on this issue for quiet some time. First off, from the times I talked with him on my podcast when I was doing it he always made sure that listeners knew he was not speaking for the NRA since as a member of the board of directors he could only speak for the NRA when the entire board was present and/or in session. Since this is about the finances of the NRA you can bet that he has to keep quiet or it will be viewed as speaking on behalf of the NRA even if he makes it clear that he isn't. Second, This topic is about pending litigation and anything he posts on the subject could be used in the case (Also remember he is an attorney so he is far more aware of the risks than I am). Third, By the time he is able to discuss this issue we will already know all the publicly available details so there will be no need for him to speak on the subject and risk revealing a detail that is not for public consumption (He is human and we humans do make mistakes from time to time).

I find it interesting that this article appears in the Rolling Stone Magazine but ant-gun, anti-conservative, anti-trump, ect. CNN has yet to publish it nor has Fox or any other major news outlet but they do have time to try and link the NRA to the so-called "Russian Collusion" case and to attack Trump along with the NRA over their position on the '3D printed guns' issue. In my personal opinion, and it is only that, there is something missing from the Rolling Stone story and CNN doesn't want to risk what little reputation they have left on it.
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?
R.I.P. Sig, 08/21/2019 - 11/18/2019

Ed4032

Post by Ed4032 »

Two words... fake news.
Gun control is like stopping drunk driving by making it harder for sober people to drive.

NRA Life Member

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Explained.

The NRA's Future Rests In The Hands of One Court Case. Here's Why.
"Simply put, Defendants made it clear to banks and insurers that it is bad business in New York to do business with the NRA," the lawsuit says. "As a direct result of this coercion, multiple financial institutions have succumbed to Defendants’ demands and entered into consent orders with DFS that compel them to terminate longstanding, beneficial business relationships with the NRA, both in New York and elsewhere."
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

philip964
Posts in topic: 2

Post by philip964 »

https://www.newsweek.com/nra-donald-tru ... ta-1063653

I think what this says is:

PETA will pay the financially troubled NRA $100,000.00 if they will purge the memberships of trophy hunters like Don Jr. and Eric Trump from their organization.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”