My first BB gun purchase

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Papa_Tiger
Posts in topic: 1

Re: My first BB gun purchase

Post by Papa_Tiger »

I bought that to work with my boys on shooting basics. The biggest issue I see with it is it has a VERY stiff stock trigger that can be hard for little hands to pull. It is a cute and fairly accurate bb-gun though. Lots of fun to shoot!

Have fun!

Soccerdad1995

Re: in the safe = a big deal to a kid!

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

flechero wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:25 am Keep it in the safe. Not only does it reinforce the fact that it's not a toy... my son was beaming with pride that HE also had a gun in the safe! It's now referred to as "our" gun safe. :biggrinjester:

Enjoy these years- they are awesome!!!
:iagree:

I have always kept my kids BB guns in the gun safe. It reinforces that this is not a toy. I also make them recite the 4 gun safety rules before they handle any guns, including a BB gun.

A couple tips for the OP. If you are in an urban area, get the lowest power gun you can find, and then test it by firing it at your fence, at a downward angle, to ensure that a BB cannot get through there. Safety glasses are a must, and empty soda cans make a great target.

LabRat

Re: My first BB gun purchase

Post by LabRat »

I remember my 1st BB gun back when I was a youngster....about 7 or 8 years old. A reliable Daisy pump action my father bought for me. What fun! He instilled safety in me from day 1 just like other folks have stated.
I always remember his instructions.

Now, some 50 years or so later, I've again acquired BB guns.
One is a Red Ryder with the leather twist on the side ring. Always wanted one of those.

The other is WAY more fun. It's a BB gun, but it's a weathered MP40 submachine gun.
Full auto (not fully semi-automatic..whatever that is) and CO2 powered....it's still about the fun.
Have to be very careful with this one....you can't tell it from the original WWII sub.

BB guns - not just for kids.

LabRat
This is not legal advice.
People should be able to perform many functions; for others and for themselves. Specialization is for insects. — Robert Heinlein (Severe paraphrase)

Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

flechero wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:25 am Keep it in the safe. Not only does it reinforce the fact that it's not a toy... my son was beaming with pride that HE also had a gun in the safe! It's now referred to as "our" gun safe. :biggrinjester:

Mine are 20 and they both still say "OURS" when I buy a new gun.....

flechero
Posts in topic: 2

Post by flechero »

Tex1961 wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:04 pm

Mine are 20 and they both still say "OURS" when I buy a new gun.....
Just wait, one day they will buy a gun and you can reverse the whip and you can say - ours!!! :lol:

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”