glock 19 slide stuck on glock 34 frame

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Bang4Buck
Posts in topic: 2

glock 19 slide stuck on glock 34 frame

Post by Bang4Buck »

So I made a rather silly mistake. I was cleaning my glock 19 and my glock 34. I went to put my 19 back together and accidentally slid it on top of my glock 34 frame. For the life of me, I can't get it to come off. I am comfortable doing a complete strip of the firearm, and know the parts. This was just a dumb mistake.

I can't get the slide to lock to the rear, or even come close. I can get it to where the backing plate is where it would be if the gun was properly assembled, but it won't go back any further.

Anyone have any tips on how get the 19 slide off of the 34 frame?

Scott B.
Posts in topic: 1

Re: glock 19 slide stuck on glock 34 frame

Post by Scott B. »

May require a trip back to Glock USA. I'm assuming it will be an out of warranty repair, but the big G does customer service right.

I had a customer bring me a Gen 3 model 22. Slide has been installed without the guide rod, and the rear rails were missed, catching front rails only. The back of the trigger bar was jammed on the slide ramp and it was impossible to disassemble without breaking the frame/frame rails. A situation only possible because the guide rod was not present.

I was able to get the third pin out and relieve some pressure, once the slide catch was free to move. However, it was not enough.

Your situation may not be as dire.

A trip back to Glock for that piece resulted in an entirely new frame and 3 pages of new parts, for less than $150. The only original parts that came back were the slide, sights, and barrel.

Good luck!
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

Topic author
Bang4Buck
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Bang4Buck »

Well I managed to fix the problem. What I had to do was put the slide against the table edge so that the barrel clears, then push down and try to force the slide back far enough to pull the slide lock down. I had to use a lot of pressure but it worked.

Hope that helps anyone else who ever makes the same mistake.

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

Bang4Buck wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:27 pm Well I managed to fix the problem. What I had to do was put the slide against the table edge so that the barrel clears, then push down and try to force the slide back far enough to pull the slide lock down. I had to use a lot of pressure but it worked.

Hope that helps anyone else who ever makes the same mistake.
Hopefully, I will not make the same mistake. You did remind me to clean one at a time. I admit to have been tempted to clean more than one on the same small surface. Thanks for the reminder and I am glad you solved your dilemma. :tiphat:
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

What? No comments about how it wouldn't have happened, in the first place with a 1911?

:biggrinjester:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

Jusme wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:01 pm What? No comments about how it wouldn't have happened, in the first place with a 1911?

Apparently Captain Obvious isn't on line tonight. :lol:
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

ELB

Post by ELB »

Jusme wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:01 pm What? No comments about how it wouldn't have happened, in the first place with a 1911?

I’ll bet a Glock 19 slide would not work well on a 1911 frame either. In fact, the contact between them would probably generate a huge tear in the space-time fabric.
USAF 1982-2005

cmgee67
Posts in topic: 3

Post by cmgee67 »

The sky would be falling if that Glock slide mated with a 1911. Y’all have given me an idea. If I remember stay tuned for pics 😂

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

Oh no! I think you might have just cost AndyC some serious Money! Will he call it a Glock 1911?
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

No they will call it a Hudson H9 😂

flechero

Post by flechero »

Come on, Jusme... anyone can hit a softball! 1911 owners, much like their guns, are a classier and more refined bunch! :lol:

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

cmgee67 wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:54 pm The sky would be falling if that Glock slide mated with a 1911. Y’all have given me an idea. If I remember stay tuned for pics 😂

Deplorable lunatic since 2016

cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

I’d prob buy that Flightmare

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”