Springfield 1911 9mm back from repair

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Gunner4640
Posts in topic: 3

Springfield 1911 9mm back from repair

Post by Gunner4640 »

My range officer came back yesterday, Springfield said they recut /polished the feed ramp, polished the slide and frame for FTF and Fte. Replaced both mags for rounds falling out when ejecting the mag, going to the range tomorrow to test.
Dave & Wife NRA Members
Too many guns to list> :lol::

NJ_Expat
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Springfield 1911 9mm back from repair

Post by NJ_Expat »

Jeez, that thing sounds like a dog. SAI has always had good customer service, and it's a good thing they do, because MANY of their firearms end up going back to the mothership for warranty service, especially 1911's and M1A's. Hopefully they fixed their gun for you.
Not a liberal.
Not a conservative.
Equal parts well-meaning free-thinker and misguided madman.

cheezit

Post by cheezit »

NJ_Expat wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:04 am Jeez, that thing sounds like a dog. SAI has always had good customer service, and it's a good thing they do, because MANY of their firearms end up going back to the mothership for warranty service, especially 1911's and M1A's. Hopefully they fixed their gun for you.
My custom shop loaded runs like a top

Topic author
Gunner4640

Post by Gunner4640 »

Well Springfield really did a great job on it ran 350 rounds through it with no issues at all. Let's just say perfect :anamatedbanana. Sent my Colt 1911 comp 9mm back to. It came back yesterday so range to test it saturday
Dave & Wife NRA Members

Salty1

Post by Salty1 »

NJ_Expat wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:04 am Jeez, that thing sounds like a dog. SAI has always had good customer service, and it's a good thing they do, because MANY of their firearms end up going back to the mothership for warranty service, especially 1911's and M1A's. Hopefully they fixed their gun for you.
What do you consider "many"? From my experience they produce a high quality firearm at reasonable prices. I can easily think of many other manufacturers that produce and release factory defective firearms that take numerous trips back to have the issue resolved no manufacturer has a 100% success rate. .
Salty1

Topic author
Gunner4640

Post by Gunner4640 »

Well 2nd trip now with Springfield and it's working great, tested the Colt today and yep they fixed it to 250 rounds through each no issues. So my dog iS now biting great as it was called. Shot my new Xdm 9mm today to flawless operation.
Dave & Wife NRA Members

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”