Best gun store in Katy Texas for chl holders

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
samman2018
Posts in topic: 11

Best gun store in Katy Texas for chl holders

Post by samman2018 »

Hello good people, got some great advice on my last post thought I would post again. Does anyone have any good advice on gun stores in the Katy area ? ( or close to). Looking for a good store friendly knowledgeable staff, and preferably a store With no background check for valid chl holders. Let me know guys :patriot:

Scott Farkus
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Best gun store in Katy Texas for chl holders

Post by Scott Farkus »

I'm not aware of any gun stores that do the background check if you have a valid CHL. Maybe some do, I don't know, but that's a good way to alienate a lot of customers.

You still have to fill out the Form 4473, though.

Topic author
samman2018

Post by samman2018 »

Spoke to a guy ar bass pro, said still do for chl holders, store policy. So I left

jasday

Post by jasday »

Academy is the same way, store policy.
jasday

Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

jasday wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:27 pm Academy is the same way, store policy.
The one in frisco says they don’t, or at least it was that way about 6 months ago

Topic author
samman2018

Post by samman2018 »

Is this the academy in Katy jasday ? Have you been with your chl ?

Scott Farkus

Post by Scott Farkus »

samman2018 wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:17 pm Spoke to a guy ar bass pro, said still do for chl holders, store policy. So I left
Really? Wow, I would have left too.

Winston
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Winston »

The last gun store I used as an FFL to complete a transfer was 3Five7 Arms off Grand Parkway. It's a very nice guns shop in a good location and the owner was very helpful with some information I needed. Was thinking about filling out some paperwork soon to purchase a suppressor for my rifle but thought I should focus on getting my CHL first. Payne Brothers Firearms is also another good store to purchase from. Guns Unlimited on Mason Rd is another great shop to buy from. I usually go there since it's close to my house. If you live in Katy I would recommend any of those shops. I've been to most of the other shops in the area and they're just ok. Boyert Shooting Center is pretty good as well.

I'm pretty sure all of those shops mentioned makes it easy to purchase firearms from if you have your CHL. They always ask me when I purchase guns and told me it would be easier if I had one. I don't have my CHL yet so I always fill out the paperwork for the background check. Either way all of those shops mentioned get it done quickly and I've never had a problem purchasing from those locations. If you have your CHL then it will be a lot easier for you.
Last edited by Winston on Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“The universe is hostile. So interpersonal. Devour to survive. So it is. So it’s always been.”

Topic author
samman2018

Post by samman2018 »

Thanks Winston, all those stores are real close to me I’m leaning towards Payne brothers,I took my chl at Boyert so maybe I’ll go there too. Next step is finding the right gun to get for edc, thinking a Glock 19?

Winston

Post by Winston »

Any Glock is a good choice imo. I also want to get a Glock 19 in Battlefield Green! For concealed carry there are other good options too. The S&W shield or a Walther PPS feels like good guns for easy concealment. They're both very slim in comparison to other handguns. My first handgun was a Glock 22 but it's not a good choice for concealed carry.
Last edited by Winston on Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“The universe is hostile. So interpersonal. Devour to survive. So it is. So it’s always been.”

Winston

Post by Winston »

Also, if you go to 3Five7 Arms they have some H&K VP9sk pistols in stock for a good price. The VP9sk also looks like a good concealed carry weapon.

Topic author
samman2018

Post by samman2018 »

So Winston what are your top 2 choices in Katy for a visit ? Hopefully will be heading to one this week

Winston

Post by Winston »

Right now I really like 3Five7 Arms and Guns Unlimited. If you really want to save money then check out Buds Guns online and transfer the firearm to any of those FFL's here in town. Of course you should always be sure what you want before purchasing online. Buds also has a good return policy as long as you don't complete the transfer if you don't like what gets shipped to you.

Topic author
samman2018

Post by samman2018 »

357 is right near me so that will be my first stop, I’m 99 % on Glock 19 I’m thinking gen 5 but not to clear on the differences from the gen 4 ?

Winston

Post by Winston »

I only have Gen 4's but the Gen 5's also seem legit. The differences are the grips on the handle. Just check which one feels better to you. Some don't like the finger grooves on the Gen 4's but I like it. You'll get use to shooting either one if you train enough with it.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”