What OWB holster do you wear with your Glock 21?

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Abraham
Posts in topic: 8

Re: What OWB holster do you wear with your Glock 21?

Post by Abraham »

At this point, I think the Safariland ALS 6378 will do the job.

But first, I need to buy the Glock 21 Gen 4...which I will in a few weeks.

Jose_in_Dallas
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Jose_in_Dallas »

Abraham, not sure where you are located but I have a variety of of kydex holsters you can check out. So far my "collection" consist of a Safariland ALS, Bravo Concealment, Raven Concealment w/TLR-1s (might have the Bravo and Raven mixed up), Comp-Tac paddle, and an MTAC. I believe I have the Bravo setup for IWB and the Comp-Tac MTAC is of course IWB.

And to agree with what someone else posted, I have a full size steel frame 1911 and the Glock 21 "feels" bigger than it but weighs less even loaded. I'm in the DFW area if you want to try some out.

BSHII
Posts in topic: 3

Post by BSHII »

Abraham wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:45 pm BSHII,

That's for your recommendation.

I've been looking for comparison, that is, side by side photos of the G19 next to the G21.

Yes, I'm sure the G21 is bigger, but all that much...? I'm not certain...

As to fear of printing not a problem for me.

Thanks again.

P.S. Just before I started looking at other threads, I just saw you posted IWB and while that works well for some, I prefer an OWB.
Update: I recently bought a Don Hume H721 OWB belt holster for my Glock 21. I am very pleased so far. It carries the pistol high, tight, comfortably, and at a proper angle, so that even the G21 disappears under my suit jacket.

The only complaints are the general inconvenience of a belt holster and that it feels slightly looser than some other leather holsters. The pistol stays in when you hold it upside down, though, and I don’t plan on doing any cartwheels.

couzin

Post by couzin »

When I had the G21 - I used a Crossbreed OWB.
Last edited by couzin on Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Only at the end do you realize the power of the Dark Side.”

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

I have a 21SF and use the Safariland 7377. I really bought the 7378, but didn't like the paddle angle. The 7378 also comes with the belt slide, so it's basically a 7377. With the belt slide thing on instead of the paddle there is more of an upright angle and less of the forward "FBI" cant. I also have a TLR1 light mounted and the holster I ordered accommodates that light.

BTW, the Glock 19 is much smaller than the 21. The 19 is a middle sized handgun and the 21 is a full size. The 21 is much closer to the 17 is size, mostly just wider.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Abraham wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:45 pm BSHII,

That's for your recommendation.

I've been looking for comparison, that is, side by side photos of the G19 next to the G21.

Yes, I'm sure the G21 is bigger, but all that much...? I'm not certain...

As to fear of printing not a problem for me.

Thanks again.

P.S. Just before I started looking at other threads, I just saw you posted IWB and while that works well for some, I prefer an OWB.
The G21 is a LOT bigger than a G19. The slide is much wider. It’s a FULL sized .45. If you want a 45 closer to the size of your G19, look at either the G36 (single stack) or the G30 (double stack). The G36 is considerably smaller than the G30, and the G30 is roughly the same size as your G19.

You could land a small aircraft on the top of the G21’s slide.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
Abraham
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Abraham »

TAM,

Thanks, I've reconsidered.

It was a passing fancy...

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”