Breast Cancer Awareness Month (BCAM) my Pink Rifle

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
puma guy
Posts in topic: 3

Breast Cancer Awareness Month (BCAM) my Pink Rifle

Post by puma guy »

I honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month (BCAM) I'm shooting my pink rifle.

Seriously speaking it deserves our full support. I'm trying to procure one of our police department's hat with the logo surrounded in pink to wear this month.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Breast Cancer Awareness Month (BCAM) my Pink Rifle

Post by bblhd672 »

September was Prostate Cancer Awareness month. Did anyone acknowledge that? Did any sportsball athletes or organizations wear blue to bring awareness to the second leading cancer in men? How about women athletes and sportsball teams? Did they acknowledge the danger men have in not being aware of prostate cancer?

Why do men put so much effort into awareness about breast cancer but ignore prostate cancer? Why do women not care about prostate cancer awareness until their husband/father/brother/etc is diagnosed?

Don't get me wrong, I care about breast cancer. One of my sisters has breast cancer. I also care about lung cancer, my brother in law has lung cancer.

Too many men die needlessly of prostate cancer because they don't take the risk seriously or are embarrassed/squeamish about the possible digital rectal examination. Men, alot of doctors, even urologists, don't even routinely perform digital rectal exams anymore since the blood testing has gotten so good at catching the disease early.
GET TESTED!

Off my soapbox and returning you to the regularly scheduled pink stuff....
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Topic author
puma guy

Post by puma guy »

bblhd672 wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:42 pm September was Prostate Cancer Awareness month. Did anyone acknowledge that? Did any sportsball athletes or organizations wear blue to bring awareness to the second leading cancer in men? How about women athletes and sportsball teams? Did they acknowledge the danger men have in not being aware of prostate cancer?

Why do men put so much effort into awareness about breast cancer but ignore prostate cancer? Why do women not care about prostate cancer awareness until their husband/father/brother/etc is diagnosed?

Don't get me wrong, I care about breast cancer. One of my sisters has breast cancer. I also care about lung cancer, my brother in law has lung cancer.

Too many men die needlessly of prostate cancer because they don't take the risk seriously or are embarrassed/squeamish about the possible digital rectal examination. Men, alot of doctors, even urologists, don't even routinely perform digital rectal exams anymore since the blood testing has gotten so good at catching the disease early.
GET TESTED!

I just thinking the same thing, but didn't realize September was Prostate Cancer Month. I will do my best to remember it and try to find a blue gun (LOL a REAL blue gun). An aside. I just had my medicare "wellness check" which consisted of remembering three words, answering a series of invasive questions, and a PA listening to my heart and lungs. Didn't look in my throat, nose ears or do a prostate exam. (I'm over 70)no reflex checks or strength and resistance tests, but I was given an order for some bloodwork that didn't include a PSA until I insisted it be included. I was thinking to myself that I'll bet a breast exam is included in a woman's wellness check. Ladies correct me if I am incorrect.

flechero
Posts in topic: 1

Post by flechero »

puma guy wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:09 pm I was thinking to myself that I'll bet a breast exam is included in a woman's wellness check. Ladies correct me if I am incorrect.
I'll answer this on behalf of my wife. No. Or maybe a sometimes is the better answer.

My wife has had several irregular scans over the years and has had to have several biopsies. But this year they said "good news" you don't need a scan as a part of your annual exam. When asked why, they told her that the new cost savings activities at the hospital system allowed the recommendations to go from 6mos or annually to every 2yrs, 3yrs or 5 yrs depending on your history. :eek6 :eek6 :eek6

Yet our insurance (which bears the same name as the system, did not reduce out premiums to match the cost savings they have talked about in person or on the news. :grumble

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 2

Post by bblhd672 »

puma guy wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:09 pm
bblhd672 wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:42 pm September was Prostate Cancer Awareness month. Did anyone acknowledge that? Did any sportsball athletes or organizations wear blue to bring awareness to the second leading cancer in men? How about women athletes and sportsball teams? Did they acknowledge the danger men have in not being aware of prostate cancer?

GET TESTED!

I just thinking the same thing, but didn't realize September was Prostate Cancer Month. I will do my best to remember it and try to find a blue gun (LOL a REAL blue gun). An aside. I just had my medicare "wellness check" which consisted of remembering three words, answering a series of invasive questions, and a PA listening to my heart and lungs. Didn't look in my throat, nose ears or do a prostate exam. (I'm over 70)no reflex checks or strength and resistance tests, but I was given an order for some bloodwork that didn't include a PSA until I insisted it be included. I was thinking to myself that I'll bet a breast exam is included in a woman's wellness check. Ladies correct me if I am incorrect.
Prostate Cancer Foundation: https://www.pcf.org
You can't get a blue gun here, but you can get a blue prostate awareness wrist band or pin from them: https://www.pcf.org/take-action/
Since losing a couple of men to prostate cancer that I looked up to I've made donations to PCF.

My wife has family history of breast cancer, so annual mammograms are required.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Topic author
puma guy

Post by puma guy »

bblhd672 wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:49 pm
puma guy wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:09 pm

GET TESTED!

Prostate Cancer Foundation: https://www.pcf.org
You can't get a blue gun here, but you can get a blue prostate awareness wrist band or pin from them: https://www.pcf.org/take-action/
Since losing a couple of men to prostate cancer that I looked up to I've made donations to PCF.

My wife has family history of breast cancer, so annual mammograms are required.
:thumbs2:

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”