Home Alarm Permit

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

BrassMonkey
Posts in topic: 1

Post by BrassMonkey »

Or perhaps it is an untactful way of determining if there are explosives (ammunition) on the premises in the case of a fire. Just throwing it out there...
BrassMonkey, that funky monkey....
===========================
Springfield TRP
Glock 22
Glock 21
Walther P22

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

Unincorporated Harris County: $10; no questions about content of home. I believe the fee is waived for senior citizens.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

USMC-COL

Approach

Post by USMC-COL »

KRM45 wrote:Before everyone get too far into this, we should look at the other side...

Maybe the cops want to know if you own a gun so they don't get shot rushing in. I know if I responded and I knew the owner may be armed I would take a different approach. I would be much more vocal in my announcement of who I was, and why I was there. I would also not just shoot anyone I saw holding a gun if I knew it could be the homeowner...
With all due respect Sir, I have trouble with your answer. Why not take the "different" approach each and every time you respond. You should ALWAYS clearly communicate (in your words: "... be much more verbal in my announcement ....") who you are and why you are there ... and you should consider using "force" against a "threat", not just anyone ... and especially someone who may be legitimately defending himself/herself. TI probably said it best, you always assume BGs are armed until proven otherwise. For the record, I spent a significant amount of time in LE. I'm just disappointed with the answer.
Respectfully and Semper Fi,
F. Phil Torres
Colonel of Marines, Retired
Independent Security Contractor
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor
Unarmed Combat Instructor
NRA Life Member

CoffeeAddict

Post by CoffeeAddict »

Just tell them the truth and be done with it. Don't be cute with police officers. If you don't get the alarm permit then its not the end of the world.

txinvestigator
Posts in topic: 2

Post by txinvestigator »

CoffeeAddict wrote:Just tell them the truth and be done with it. Don't be cute with police officers. If you don't get the alarm permit then its not the end of the world.
It is a form for civilians in most PDs. The city HAS to issue the permit. Failing to get one can result in large fines if/when the police have to respond to the alarm.
*CHL Instructor*

"Speed is Fine, but accuracy is final"- Bill Jordan

Remember those who died, remember those who killed them.

ScubaSigGuy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by ScubaSigGuy »

Maybe a silly question....

Are these permits part of any public record? I never thought that they would be, but then again I never thought CHL holders names would be either.
Last edited by ScubaSigGuy on Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
S.S.G.

"A champion doesn’t become a champion in the ring. He is merely recognized in the ring.The ‘becoming’ happens during his daily routine." Joe Louis

NRA MEMBER

Skipper5

Post by Skipper5 »

txinvestigator wrote:
KRM45 wrote:Before everyone get too far into this, we should look at the other side...

Maybe the cops want to know if you own a gun so they don't get shot rushing in. I know if I responded and I knew the owner may be armed I would take a different approach. I would be much more vocal in my announcement of who I was, and why I was there. I would also not just shoot anyone I saw holding a gun if I knew it could be the homeowner...
How can you "know" he "may" be armed? Shouldn't a cop "know" that about everyone? I did.

Police should assume every alarm call will result in a burglary. Every burglar owns a gun. (thats how cops are supposed to think). A cop should NEVER just shoot someone they see holding a gun.

Those forms are designed by people who have no clue. Leave it blank, put NA or whatever. The dispatcher is not going to dispatch "1 Adam 12, the alarm permit indicates that the homeowner owns guns".
Agree with TXI....and in Dallas City limits ...the fee is $50...just renewed mine >no question as to firearms.
TX CHL Holder
NRA Life Member
TSRA Member - Yes to Castle Doctrine! Success!!

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”