Concealed holsters

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

JRG
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Concealed holsters

Post by JRG »

Concealment Express sells great IWB kydex holsters. I have 4 of them for my EDC pistols. They are either $35 or $39 depending on color.

Joe

xeno_texas
Posts in topic: 2

Post by xeno_texas »

Hi fellas.. New guy here, so this is my first post..

I bought into the idea of a dedicated gun belt just about a year ago and I don't regret it. I haven't seen any one mention the manufacturer above, but I will say it is a nice belt. I bought a Hanks Belt. Very stiff leather outer with a kydex stiffener inside. The stiffener doesn't extend into buckle area which makes bucking it very easy.

As far as holsters, I daily carry with a softer leather holster for comfort. I, like many above, am a robust guy. I carry a 4in XD in a VersaCarry Commander holster. Like many above, I agree with moving it slightly behind your hip protrusion. If I am wearing a cover shirt over a tucked in T-Shirt, don't have a problem with printing per se except anyone that knows what they are looking for has a good indication I might be carrying. I love winter because I can have a loose pull-over which, by the bulk of the fabric, tends to hid printing well.

I understand the retention issues with carrying in a soft leather holster, but as I am the aforementioned robust guy and being almost 45yo.. I am not hopping over or under anything I can get away with. If I need the retention, I have a kydex retention holster that I have practiced with enough to be comfortable.

Summary is.. Absolutely get yourself a gun belt. Stiffeners are the bomb. Holsters are only as good as your are practiced. A friend recently found that he was a bit unpracticed drawing from concealed. He is a LEO and had forgotten that little technique since he open carries most of the time. He said that the act of throwing his 'light' jacket back and drawing was awkward. He has since remedied that problem.

So much for my first post. Thanks for having me guys. Hope to stick around and read a bit more.

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

xeno_texas wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:59 pm Hi fellas.. New guy here, so this is my first post..

I bought into the idea of a dedicated gun belt just about a year ago and I don't regret it. I haven't seen any one mention the manufacturer above, but I will say it is a nice belt. I bought a Hanks Belt. Very stiff leather outer with a kydex stiffener inside. The stiffener doesn't extend into buckle area which makes bucking it very easy.

As far as holsters, I daily carry with a softer leather holster for comfort. I, like many above, am a robust guy. I carry a 4in XD in a VersaCarry Commander holster. Like many above, I agree with moving it slightly behind your hip protrusion. If I am wearing a cover shirt over a tucked in T-Shirt, don't have a problem with printing per se except anyone that knows what they are looking for has a good indication I might be carrying. I love winter because I can have a loose pull-over which, by the bulk of the fabric, tends to hid printing well.

I understand the retention issues with carrying in a soft leather holster, but as I am the aforementioned robust guy and being almost 45yo.. I am not hopping over or under anything I can get away with. If I need the retention, I have a kydex retention holster that I have practiced with enough to be comfortable.

Summary is.. Absolutely get yourself a gun belt. Stiffeners are the bomb. Holsters are only as good as your are practiced. A friend recently found that he was a bit unpracticed drawing from concealed. He is a LEO and had forgotten that little technique since he open carries most of the time. He said that the act of throwing his 'light' jacket back and drawing was awkward. He has since remedied that problem.

So much for my first post. Thanks for having me guys. Hope to stick around and read a bit more.

Welcome to the forum! Would love to have you join us at one of our DFW area breakfasts. The next one is December 8th at 8am in Frisco at Rudy's.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

xeno_texas

Post by xeno_texas »

@flightmare... Thanks for the invite. I will be busy with some family stuff or I'd attend. But you will see me more around here. :cheers2:

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

xeno_texas wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:57 pm @flightmare... Thanks for the invite. I will be busy with some family stuff or I'd attend. But you will see me more around here. :cheers2:
No problem! The guys in frisco meet up every 2nd Saturday, and there is another meetup in Arlington on the 3rd Saturday.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

MP(Ret)95B wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:44 am This is the best belt that I have ever worn, hands down:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01C2 ... UTF8&psc=1

Relentless Tactical The Ultimate Concealed Carry CCW Gun Belt | Made in USA | 14 oz Leather

Fantastic belt and even better customer service. Had my belt for over a year and then lost about 20 lbs (food/exercise). Wrote the company to ask them the best way to have the belt cut and have the holes redone. They wrote back and said that excessive weight loss/gain was covered by the lifetime warranty. They sent me a pdf for a postage free return label...and then sent me the new belt POSTAGE FREE also.
They said that I could wait to get the new belt before returning the old one...and then offered me a BIG VIP discount if I ordered another belt from them.
They are a small company and all belts and holsters are made in the USA.
If you are considering a new belt/holster...I would HIGHLY recommend them. Belt gets excellent ratings on Amazon also.
Belt fits excellent and holds my old Ruger P89 without sagging...and they are HEAVY!!!

:patriot: <MP> :txflag:
Wow! :thumbs2:
Thanks for the tip.....
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

SpringerFan
Posts in topic: 1

Post by SpringerFan »

Another big and chunky checking in. I am currently using a Hank's Gunner 1.5" belt and Desantis Slim-Tuk kydex holster for my G43. Carries nicely at 3 o'clock.
Last edited by SpringerFan on Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."
Col. Jeff Cooper

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”