Magpul bipod any good?

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
BCGlocker
Posts in topic: 2

Magpul bipod any good?

Post by BCGlocker »

Anyone has any experience with the Magpul bipod?
Texas LTC Instructor
Texas SSO Instructor
USCCA Certified Instructor
Range Master Certified Instructor

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Magpul bipod any good?

Post by The Annoyed Man »

No idea. This is the first time I've seen one. I've always just gone with a Harris bipod. On one hand I appreciate that the Magpul product's light weight, but will it hold up under rugged use?
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

New products from Magpul...not enough reviews on Amazon to tell how good they really are. At least two of the reviews said "flimsy" or "sloppy".

Is there a specific rifle you are looking for a bipod for? If for an AR-15 or similar, you might consider these: www.grippod.com
Foregrip with pop out legs to make it a bipod. Popular with military from what I understand. I bought one for my AR. Not sure how good they would be for a heavier rifle, although they make a heavy duty one one for a SAW.
Last edited by bblhd672 on Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

I have had a good experience with the UTG Heavy Duty Recon 360 Bipod on my AR-10 SBR and you can find the UTG Bipod for under ~$50 on some website stores. https://www.comparaboo.com/best-bipods
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Topic author
BCGlocker

Post by BCGlocker »

bblhd672 wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:30 pm New products from Magpul...not enough reviews on Amazon to tell how good they really are. At least two of the reviews said "flimsy" or "sloppy".

Is there a specific rifle you are looking for a bipod for? If for an AR-15 or similar, you might consider these: www.grippod.com
Foregrip with pop out legs to make it a bipod. Popular with military from what I understand. I bought one for my AR. Not sure how good they would be for a heavier rifle, although they make a heavy duty one one for a SAW.
The link www.grippod.com is not working.
Texas LTC Instructor
Texas SSO Instructor
USCCA Certified Instructor
Range Master Certified Instructor

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

BCGlocker wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:43 pm
bblhd672 wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:30 pm New products from Magpul...not enough reviews on Amazon to tell how good they really are. At least two of the reviews said "flimsy" or "sloppy".

Seems to work on my tablet and phone. Maybe it was down earlier
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

jmorris

Post by jmorris »

BCGlocker wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:43 pm

The URL in the first link was actually https://www.texaschlforum.com/www.grippod.com The second one is good.
Jay E Morris,
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC < retired from all
NRA Lifetime, TSRA Lifetime
NRA Recruiter (link)

extremist

Post by extremist »

I have two, one Pic and one MLok. Haven't used the MLok one yet, but have used the Picatinny one and I really like it. Designed for permanent attachment (no quick detach), it is stable, easy to adjust and light.

James
TX LTC Instructor, NRA Endowment Life Member, USPSA CRO
NRA Handgun/Rifle/Shotgun/Home Firearm Safety, Chief Range Safety Officer

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”