Wife needs on body carry - belly band?

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
jason812
Posts in topic: 2

Wife needs on body carry - belly band?

Post by jason812 »

My wife has a job that has her out at night. She has always carried in her purse but now has finally seen the light that she needs to carry on her person. She refuses to wear a belt so I need help in researching or knowing what belly bands or girdles or what not to look at. Her dress attire is jeans and a polo shirt. Currently she has a Taurus TCP738 which fits her hand good.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

OneGun
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Wife needs on body carry - belly band?

Post by OneGun »

She should consider Kangaroo Carry. https://www.kangaroocarry.com/
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

warnmar10

Post by warnmar10 »

Kangaroo or Galco Belly Band.

I took my Galco Belly Bands and pistols to my local boot & shoe repair shop and had them custom stitch around the trigger guard and along the slide for a custom fit. Not my favorite holster but sometimes it is the best choice. Plus having a pistol in a belly band beats having to go out to the car to get my pistol should I ever need it.

Kadelic

Post by Kadelic »

I've tried a couple generic belly bands and while they've worked ok, left a bit to be desired. Crossbreed holsters has a belly band system that costs a bit more, but comes with a kydex holster "insert" that is more secure in covering the trigger guard and retention. I have their modular kydex holsters for two of my M&P pistols and they work well as part of the belly band system or the bedside system. Part of the beauty of these kydex holster inserts in that when you take the belly band off, you never have to unholster the pistol since it attaches to the band with velcro.

https://www.crossbreedholsters.com/modu ... ckage.html
Honor Necessity

kbarrick

Post by kbarrick »

I have used a generic belly band for a number of years with dress slacks and shirt. Carrying is not a problem but access if needed will be difficult and reholstering will be almost impossible to do with any kind of safety. I almost have to undress to get the gun in place being careful of the trigger.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

If she considers a belly band, I'd recommend the Kangaroo holster. It has a shoulder strap that carries the weight of the gun so the band doesn't have to be worn so tight you can't breathe.

Also, have a look at this: https://www.gungoddess.com/collections/ ... et-holster

Chas.

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

I'll add to the suggestions for the Kangaroo. I' have one and just replaced it because the material finally got too limp after many washings. The only negative is getting a quick draw from it depending on what top she would be wearing. With a button type, you may have to go the "superman" route and rip the buttons. With pull-overs, it becomes a little more problematic. I was taught to use my weak side hand to pull my cover garment up as high as possible as fast as possible. I carry the Kangaroo as a cross draw and it is a little harder to get the garment high enough for an easy draw. That said, it is still a far better solution than off-body IMHO.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

Setxjeff

Post by Setxjeff »

Had the same problem with my wife, strong side carry on a belt on a female makes the weapon stick out.I do not like off body carry and a pistol in a purse around grandchildren made me nervous. We tried belly bands ,kangaroo carry etc none really worked for her. Finally got her to try a true gun belt with a cross draw holster carrying a ruger LCR, Works perfectly for her curves.
TSRA Member
M1 Garand Collectors Association

bobby

Post by bobby »

Call Bitterrootgunleather.com and he can fix you up with a good IWB holster with Ulticlip's . No Belt needed.
:txflag:

troglodyte

Post by troglodyte »

https://www.undertechundercover.com/

My wife has a couple of pairs of the shorts that she likes and a couple of the tank shirts she wears more in the winter. I have a couple of friends, ladies, that wear the leggings. All are very satisfied.
Talon Firearms Training
Instructor - License To Carry, School Safety, First Responder: Texas DPS, Certified Instructor: Rangemasters/Tom Givens
NRA Instructor - Basic Pistol, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Range Safety Officer
Stop The Bleed Instructor

Topic author
jason812
Posts in topic: 2

Post by jason812 »

I'm sharing the suggestions with her as it's her decision. Thanks for the recommendations so far and keep them coming.

I never thought about cross draw on a belt. I would still have to get her to wear a belt though.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

well, shoot....after typing out my first recommendation for a holster, I went and checked the website and they don't have one to fit the gun....oh, well....

ok, on to the next idea...
I would suggest a belly band, of which there are many ways to go. she can go with the dean adams method https://deneadams.com/ which I love, and have made several of my own following her pictures. Or she can go with a more utilitarian method which honestly will work just as well but will cost just as much and I found to be less comfortable as they were typically to long for my torso.
Sometimes however you can find good sales right now so now is the right time to be asking.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”