feeding issues with savage .22

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
bfm1851
Posts in topic: 2

feeding issues with savage .22

Post by bfm1851 »

Looking for some help. Recently became an owner of a Savage Mark II .22 caliber rifle. Cheap little thing from Walmart so I did not expect much. But I did expect it to feed .22 bullets. The magazine seems very loose in the mag well and you have to push it just right to get it to feed at all. And then move bolt very slowly. Anyone know a fix or replacement magazine that would work better?? When it does feed it is surprisingly accurate.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Middle Age Russ
Posts in topic: 1

Re: feeding issues with savage .22

Post by Middle Age Russ »

I had a Savage Mark II FVT for a while and it fed fine from the original magazine and the two extra magazines I acquired. I would guess that something is amiss with the magazine catch on the gun (most likely) or perhaps the feed lips on the magazine. When you are pushing the bolt forward, do the bullets catch on the back of the barrel / feed ramp at the bottom -- failing to make the transition up into the back of the chamber?
Russ
Stay aware and engaged. Awareness buys time; time buys options. Survival may require moving quickly past the Observe, Orient and Decide steps to ACT.
NRA Life Member, CRSO, Basic Pistol, PPITH & PPOTH Instructor, Texas 4-H Certified Pistol & Rifle Coach, Texas LTC Instructor

PBratton
Posts in topic: 1

Post by PBratton »

Contact Savage Directly.
http://www.GeeksFirearms.com NFA dealer.
$25 Transfers in the Sugar Land, Richmond/Rosenburg areas, every 25th transfer I process is free

Active Military, Veterans, Law Enforcement, Fire, EMS receive $15 transfers.

NRA Patron Member, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, NRA Certified CRSO, Tx LTC Instructor

Topic author
bfm1851
Posts in topic: 2

Post by bfm1851 »

I called Savage this morning and they are sending a new 10rd magazine. Gave no reason why the problem or what I could do to fix. Guess I'll see if new mag fixes it.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”