Gen 1 Glock 27 Value

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Excaliber
Posts in topic: 4

Gen 1 Glock 27 Value

Post by Excaliber »

I'm thinking of selling a Gen 1 G27 I acquired when they first came out.

A check on GunBroker found none available, and an FFL friend told me that they are considered collectibles now.

Does anyone have any info I could use as a point of reference to establish a fair value?

Thanks!
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

romeofox
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Gen 1 Glock 27 Value

Post by romeofox »

I've used Genitron for a reality check when thinking about a "Like New" i.e. used purchase.
https://www.genitron.com/Handgun/Glock/ ... /Variant-1

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

romeofox wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:48 am I've used Genitron for a reality check when thinking about a "Like New" i.e. used purchase.
Bookmarked! That’s a great resource. Thanks for posting it.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

bubba84

Post by bubba84 »

Ive seen gen 1 17’s fetch a premium. Never seen the subcompacts do it.

mrvmax
Posts in topic: 2

Post by mrvmax »

bubba84 wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:41 pm Ive seen gen 1 17’s fetch a premium. Never seen the subcompacts do it.
Same here, especially now that everyone is running away from .40

Topic author
Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

romeofox wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:48 am I've used Genitron for a reality check when thinking about a "Like New" i.e. used purchase.
Great site - thanks!
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Topic author
Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

mrvmax wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:30 pm
bubba84 wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:41 pm Ive seen gen 1 17’s fetch a premium. Never seen the subcompacts do it.
I'm not surprised. That's in line with what I expected to find until my friend suggested I look into it further.
Excaliber

mrvmax
Posts in topic: 2

Post by mrvmax »

Excaliber wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:21 pm
mrvmax wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:30 pm
I'm not surprised. That's in line with what I expected to find until my friend suggested I look into it further.
I’d keep until I found the right buyer that will give you what you want for it. I’m sure there’s someone looking for one.

LeonCarr

Post by LeonCarr »

Are you sure this is a Gen 1 Glock 27?

To my knowledge the only Gen 1 Glocks produced were Glock 17s and a very few Glock 19s.

A Gen 1 Glock has the "speckled" finish all the way around the grip with no checkering front or back and no finger grooves. To my knowledge Glock 27s start at Gen 2.5 with finger grooves, no front checkering, and back checkering.

Not trying to pick knits just want to make sure you aren't being sold a hog by somebody. Here is an excellent article:

http://www.sadefensejournal.com/wp/?p=2730

Just my .02,
LeonCarr
"Whitetail Deer are extinct because of rifles with telescopes mounted on them." - My 11th Grade English Teacher

jmra

Post by jmra »

LeonCarr wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:01 pm Are you sure this is a Gen 1 Glock 27?

To my knowledge the only Gen 1 Glocks produced were Glock 17s and a very few Glock 19s.

A Gen 1 Glock has the "speckled" finish all the way around the grip with no checkering front or back and no finger grooves. To my knowledge Glock 27s start at Gen 2.5 with finger grooves, no front checkering, and back checkering.

Not trying to pick knits just want to make sure you aren't being sold a hog by somebody. Here is an excellent article:

Just my .02,
LeonCarr
If that’s the case then the next G27 would have been the gen 3. One of those with nights sites just sold on the forum for $400.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Topic author
Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

LeonCarr wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:01 pm Are you sure this is a Gen 1 Glock 27?

Just my .02,
LeonCarr
You are right. My gun has the finger grooves, etc. AndyC is also right that I was referring (imprecisely) to the first G27's because I got mine a couple of months after they came out.

I will likely post it here shortly.
Excaliber

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”