Topic author
Lena
Posts in topic: 1

Your #1 Favorite Firearm you have

Post by Lena »

Carry range fun or hunting #1 and why.
Handgun
Mine my dad's Armand Swenson Colt 1911
Very sentimental here, it was dad's, great shooter, handles perfect, very accurate and I just like it. #2 would be his 5 screw 44 mag

Rifle
My 1st custom A Shilen single digit DGA action single shot in 22/6mm or 22TTH cal a wildcat, I have worn 2 barrels out on it I like shooting it so much

Shotgun
My uncles Win M12 tour grade trap made in 1921
or
Dad's SXS Parker double

I just like these for me could add more but these the most. A story behind most of them.
Last edited by Lena on Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stay Safe

Tex1961
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Your #1 Favorite Firearm you have

Post by Tex1961 »

That's almost like asking who's your favorite child...

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Bitter Clinger »

My favorite is always my latest & greatest. This is my CMMG Banshee in .45 ACP:

"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

kayt00

Post by kayt00 »

The one with the blunt poky thing that hits the fun button on the back of a gold looking tube thingy thus dispensing a fun package at the other end of the steel pipe with twisty things in it.

Yeah, that one. :biggrinjester:
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Nevermind...
All lost in a tragic kayaking incident.
Bring back BitterClinger

joe817

Post by joe817 »

That's a toughie.

1. Handgun - 1911 Colt army issued(WW1 bring back) followed closely by a Colt Mod.1873 SAA in 32-20.

2. Rifle - Winchester Mod. 1892 lever action in octagonal barrel in 44-40.

3. Shotgun - Winchester 42 in .410 gage. My Dad gave me that one for my 10th birthday.
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

LeonCarr

Post by LeonCarr »

20 inch AR-15A2 with Magpul furniture.

Just my .02,
LeonCarr
"Whitetail Deer are extinct because of rifles with telescopes mounted on them." - My 11th Grade English Teacher

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Tex1961 wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:37 pm That's almost like asking who's your favorite child...
Took the words right out of my mouth....and I have a lot of guns....

My top level favorite guns, for emotional reasons:
—my favorite pistol: inherited 1943 Ithaca 1911A1 that was my dad's sidearm in WW2.
—my favorite rifle: 1943 Inland M1 Carbine, just like the one my dad carried ashore on Iwo Jima on D-Day +3, given to me by my son for Christmas.

My favorites for other reasons:
—My favorite revolver: a 5" Model 29 .44 Mag, named "Big Poppa" (the only gun I've ever named).
—My favorite "tactical/battle" rifle: my FN SCAR 17S. I have several ARs, but the SCAR is just plain impressive and fun....and REALLY accurate. 2nd most favorite would be my 20" A4. I have a couple of SBRs and a couple of 16" carbines, and they are pretty cool and fun, but if I could only have one AR, I'd take the 20" A4. It and the SCAR would be my "go to war" guns....if if this gimpy fat old man were ever stupid enough to go to war...
—My favorite shotgun: a Mossberg 590A1 w/ 20" barrel and upgraded rifle type sights. Why? Because who doesn't love a pump gun full of booyah? I have 3 other shotties - a couple of O/U and a semiautomatic Benelli, and they're much better for sporting purposes, but the pump gun is like having a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire. There's just nothing to complain about.
—My favorite bolt gun: currently only own two, a 26" barreled Remington 700 "precision" rifle in .308, and a Ruger Gunsite Scout in .308. The Remington is my favorite of the two, but the Ruger is the more practical rifle.
—My favorite lever action: My Henry .22 Octagon Frontier. I have two Marlins, one in .30-30 and "JM" stamped .45-70. The .30-30 is accurate and functional, but the .45-70 has turned out to be more rifle than these old bones can stand, and I'm probably going to sell it. The Henry .22 is just a jewel though. I would even call it a good survival weapon.

I have a lot of other guns, but one of my other weapons not individually mentioned above are "favorites". They're tools. I like owning them, and having them handy, but I'm not as "emotionally involved" (for lack of a better term) in owning them.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

Don’t have any favorites anymore. Lost them all in a boating accident.

But I sure did love that Python that Mrs. VolTexan bought me a couple of years ago.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Before MY boating mishap:
Favorite handgun: Toss up Ruger .357 Blackhawk/ S&W Model 27 .357. Before my 3½" blued Model 27 S&W was stolen it was my favorite. One of my Ruger .357 Blackhawks was recovered a couple of years later from the same burglary and it became my favorite. Last December I bought a 1976 3½" nickle Model 27 S&W, so it defaults to my favorite I suppose, but I do like my single actions.

Rifle: My 1965 Marlin 39 Mountie with a vintage Weaver K1.5-4X scope. The burglars were interrupted and left it on the bed.

Shotgun: My Charles Daly (BC Miroku) 12ga 26" O/U Superior Grade. It too was recovered from the same burglary as my old Model 27.

Kinda sad they all ended up meeting a watery demise.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Yankee Girl

Post by Yankee Girl »

Favorite handgun? My .45 ACP Kimber Ultra CDP, it's my carry gun and we (mostly) love each other.

Favorite rifle? I only have one, an M&P 15-22. The ergonomics are wonderful and it's just fun to plink with.

Favorite shotgun? An inexpensive little Mossberg Maverick 20 gauge, mostly because it's what I'm learning trap on.
Courage is just Fear that has said its prayers -
-- Maya Angelou

Texas_Blaze

Post by Texas_Blaze »

G17. Daily carry. Reliable. Never failed to go into battery. Thousands of rounds. Never have to clean it.
Distinguished author of opinions and pro bono self proclaimed internet lawyer providing expert advice on what you should do and believe on all matters of life.

PBR

Post by PBR »

Sadly I had to let my favorite go but it was a early model 1911 that was a dear friends carry sidearm for his entire time on police force. He passed away and I had the gun refinished with mirror finish and special handles. Could never bring myself to carry it or even shoot it after it was refinished. I have some pics just have to find them.

found a pic on website of who done the work
Houston, Tx.
DPS Received - Jan. 26th
Received Pin# - Feb. 25th
IN HAND!!!!!! June 9th

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

Pistol: Paraordnance P14 I have had it since 1994, I have no idea how many rounds have been through it but it puts rounds on target!

Rifle: Remington 700 BDL 6mm-06 pac-nor super match grade barrel with target crown, Richards micro fit laminate thumbhole stock with action glass bedded and barrel floated Sig Sauer 6-24x with MilRad reticles!

Shotgun: Ithaca model 37 12ga
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

MaduroBU

Post by MaduroBU »

Sig P232SL with rosewood grips. All of my guns are ugly and strongly prioritize function over form. That one is just pretty.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”