Anyone have this issue....

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Humanclone
Posts in topic: 2

Anyone have this issue....

Post by Humanclone »

Anyone else find there secondary magazine uncomfortable to carry. Maybe it’s just me but I haven’t found a comfortable shield mag iwb holster yet. I bought a mag holster from the same company who I bought my iwb holster from. I love the holster, it’s comfortable and I like wearing it.

SQLGeek
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Anyone have this issue....

Post by SQLGeek »

I carry a Shield magazine in a Wilderness Tactical single stack magazine pouch horizontally along my belt line and I don't even notice it is there.

You may want to give one a try.

https://www.thewilderness.com/magazine- ... gle-stack/
Psalm 91:2

jason812

Post by jason812 »

My spare mag holder would rub the heck out of my side. It is either open carry or wear a tucked in under shirt. But my preferred method is just to wear 5.11 Taclite Pro pants or shorts and use the spare mag pocket.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

howdy

Post by howdy »

I carry a Glock 19 in an IWB holster and I put a spare mag in my left back pocket. Cheaper and easy to get to. One problem with this is dirt/lent in the mag. Just keep it clean.
Texas LTC Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Life Patron Member TSRA Member
USMC 1972-1979

cheezit

Post by cheezit »

Spare mag fits in my pocket most times just fine

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Comfortable - eh.
Tolerable - yup.

I’ve been using a double mag carrier paddle from Fobus almost since getting my license about 16-17 years ago.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Even when I carried IWB, I always carried my spare mags OWB - the reason being that they are so small and unobtrusive as to not be a concealment issue.

These days, I use KyTex mag holders. Here’s the link for the 9mm/.40 Shield magazines: http://www.kytexgear.com/products-page/ ... p9-shield/. They have one for the .45 Shield too. At $18.95 each, they’re affordable, but not at all cheap. I used their mag carriers for all of my double-stack Glock 9mms and my G43, and they’ve lasted for about 4 or 5 years now. They hold the magazines pretty securely. And for the single stack mags, they lie so nice and flat against the belt, that you really don’t notice they’re there. Even for my G26 and G19 mags, it’s not really a problem.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

I carry a spare mag in a Remora mag holder in my weak hand back pocket. Works for me.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

iom

Post by iom »

I've been using this for a few years for my spare shield mag.

https://stealthgearusa.com/sg-180-carrier

SigM4

Post by SigM4 »

I prefer a horizontal carry for my spare mag. Been using a MagHolder for a while now. Pretty happy with it.
Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

flechero

Post by flechero »

SigM4 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:39 pm I prefer a horizontal carry for my spare mag. Been using a MagHolder for a while now. Pretty happy with it.
I've been using Magholder for several years now, I have them for each mag style that i have a carry gun for. By far the most comfortable I've ever used...

For classes and other range work I use Kytex- as mentioned by TAM above... I consider them the best value in a vertical holder.

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

I have always carried my spare magazines openly in a nylon pouch having a flap with hook and loop fasteners. I have often been asked to loan someone my "multi-tool." I carry my spare mags in the same position everyday, for training, and for competition. The exception I make for training and competition is to switch to open-top plastic pouches and add more. I have done USPSA competition to validate my everyday carry. The flaps on the nylon pouches slow my retrieving the magazines a little, but the solution works for me.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

The simple fix for me decades ago is horizontal carry.

Topic author
Humanclone

Post by Humanclone »

Thanks guys. I might have to give some of these a try.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”