Your 2019 EDC

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

surprise_i'm_armed
Posts in topic: 1
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Re: Your 2019 EDC

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

No changes for me are foreseen for 2019.

I blue sky about adding a 1911, or a CZ (one of the all metal 9's), but basically everything I've got works well, so future purchases will not necessarily be made. Of course I like a lot of other handguns, but the 1911 and the CZ would be tops on my list.

1. XDS45, 3.3", usually in 5 + 1 mode. Pocketable in a Blackhawk pocket holster. It's nice because it's a small .45, but at the range I don't put many rounds through it since the beaver tail starts to wear a spot on my hand. Not a problem if it ever needed to be used in a DGU.
2. LCR .38 Special +P, 5 rounds. Pocketable in a custom-molded Kydex holster which covers both the cylinder and the trigger.
3. Ruger SR9C, 9MM, 17 + 1 mode, hip carry at 400 PM in Bianchi retention holster. I can shoot this all day at the range and it's still comfortable.
The carry rotation may change up from day to day, but I always have at least 2 of the above 3 on me.
On Sundays, all 3 go to church!

4. Smith and Wesson HRT (Hostage Rescue Team), fixed blade dagger, open carried on left hip.
5. Mace usually, when I don't misfile it!

So, with at least 2 handguns, a fixed blade knife that doesn't have to be unfolded, and Mace, I've got options.

As far as threats go, if I felt it unsafe to fire, I could use the knife or the Mace, so as not to worry about errant rounds which would have my name on them. Or if I could stop a threat with 1 round, I could Mace him to keep him from continuing to pose a threat. YMMV.

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

QB

Post by QB »

CZ PO7 with night sights or M9A3 G with night sights and CT Laser grips

Bug is Beretta Pico with Laser grips or sometomes a eretta 3032 Tomcat.
"You may find me one day dead in a ditch somewhere. But by God, you'll find me in a pile of brass."~~ Tpr. M. Padgett

MJR

Post by MJR »

Glock 42

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”