Talking about magazines

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
LDB415
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Talking about magazines

Post by LDB415 »

I'm glad you guys are having fun but I'm very serious about this and believe everyone needs to be. We've allowed the left to hijack the language, and often fallen into the same habit, and it does nothing good for us.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

Bushwhacker
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Bushwhacker »

LDB415 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:57 pm I'm glad you guys are having fun but I'm very serious about this and believe everyone needs to be. We've allowed the left to hijack the language, and often fallen into the same habit, and it does nothing good for us.
We allowed the left to ban rifle stocks by calling them machineguns. Language matters.
I prefer peace, but if trouble must come, let it be in my time that my children may know peace.

https://i.imgur.com/BcHTIe2.jpg

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

LDB415 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:57 pm I'm glad you guys are having fun but I'm very serious about this and believe everyone needs to be. We've allowed the left to hijack the language, and often fallen into the same habit, and it does nothing good for us.
This is a real problem and both sides do it. I recently wrote to an author of a newspaper article about the way he referred to the two sides in the debate. I know it is not his fault, but calling one side gun rights advocates and the other side gun safety advocates implies that we are not for safety. I am all for gun safety and for gun rights.

The same has happened in other issues too. Another hot button topic where the names imply things are the pro-life and pro-choice options. Or the one where they talk about "Black Lives Matter" but get upset when the opposition says "Blue Lives Matter".

Control of the terms used frames the debate in people's minds. Assault weapons, high capacity magazines, and machine guns are all terms where trying to use the proper terms has become an almost lost cause. We need to start making sure we frame the debate our way. This is part of the emotional versus factual debate.
Steve Rothstein

Topic author
LDB415
Posts in topic: 3

Post by LDB415 »

It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

PBratton

Post by PBratton »

high capacity clips? never heard of such...
http://www.GeeksFirearms.com NFA dealer.
$25 Transfers in the Sugar Land, Richmond/Rosenburg areas, every 25th transfer I process is free

Active Military, Veterans, Law Enforcement, Fire, EMS receive $15 transfers.

NRA Patron Member, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, NRA Certified CRSO, Tx LTC Instructor

crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 2

Post by crazy2medic »

PBratton wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:27 pm high capacity clips? never heard of such...
Unless you consider an 8rd clip high capacity! I suppose when everybody else had 5rds in their rifle and the Garand had 8 that could have been construed as high capacity!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

DynamicDan

Post by DynamicDan »

How does a high capacity clip fit on your gun belt?

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”