Ruger announces new .40 cal PC Carbine model

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

User avatar

Topic author
bblhd672
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 5
Posts: 4811
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:43 am
Location: TX

Ruger announces new .40 cal PC Carbine model

#1

Post by bblhd672 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:30 am

In addition to other new models, Ruger announced the PC Carbine in .40 caliber.
https://www.ruger.com/news/2019-04-12.html

On the other hand, disappointed that no additional magazine wells were introduced.
Last edited by bblhd672 on Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager


Tex1961
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 5
Posts: 789
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:11 am
Location: Frisco, Texas

Re: Ruger announces new .40 cal PC Carbine model

#2

Post by Tex1961 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:32 am

If someone buys one, let me know..... I need to get a sample of one for dimensions....... I already manufacture and sell these for the 9mm version. I'll give you a free set.......

Ruger PC Carbine collage.png
Mike
Owner of Tejas Products "Manufacturer of firearm related accessories and custom laser engraving.
NRA Pistol Instructor
Range Safety Officer

WWW.TEJASPRODUCTS.COM


K.Mooneyham
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 2059
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:27 pm
Location: Vernon, Texas

Re: Ruger announces new .40 cal PC Carbine model

#3

Post by K.Mooneyham » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:19 am

I will attest that the 9mm version works pretty darned good. Some additional type mag wells, and perhaps even some aftermarket stocks would be nice, though.

User avatar

Topic author
bblhd672
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 5
Posts: 4811
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:43 am
Location: TX

Re: Ruger announces new .40 cal PC Carbine model

#4

Post by bblhd672 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:03 pm

K.Mooneyham wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:19 am
I will attest that the 9mm version works pretty darned good. Some additional type mag wells, and perhaps even some aftermarket stocks would be nice, though.
:iagree: I'm constantly checking the companies who make PCC parts to see if there are any replacement stocks.

Also, I noticed on the Ruger store this morning that there is a new backpack case being released that was made specifically for the PC Carbine. As anyone who has tried it knows, Ruger's original 10/22 Breakdown backpack case does not work properly with the PCC.
https://shopruger.com/Ruger-PC-Carbine- ... nfo/19094/
Expected arrival in the store June 1st.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

User avatar

The Annoyed Man
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 5
Posts: 25649
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:59 pm
Location: North Richland Hills, Texas
Contact:

Re: Ruger announces new .40 cal PC Carbine model

#5

Post by The Annoyed Man » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:51 am

I want the 9mm model. I understand why they issued the .40 cal model next, but to me a .45 ACP model would be a lot more interesting than a .40 cal.
• Give me Liberty or I'll get up and get it myself.
• I don't carry because of the odds, I carry because of the stakes.
• My dream is to have lived my life so well that future generations of leftists will demand my name be removed from buildings.
• Independent Minarchist.

User avatar

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 7
Posts: 2593
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:16 pm
Location: North Dallas

Re: Ruger announces new .40 cal PC Carbine model

#6

Post by Bitter Clinger » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:05 am

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:51 am
I want the 9mm model. I understand why they issued the .40 cal model next, but to me a .45 ACP model would be a lot more interesting than a .40 cal.
:iagree: Even better, a .45 acp SBR with a 5" bbl. :cheers2:
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח


kayt00
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 256
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:15 pm
Location: DFW Area

Re: Ruger announces new .40 cal PC Carbine model

#7

Post by kayt00 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:08 am

This may be the niche that the 40 cal needs to make a resurgence. It's my understanding that it lost popularity as a pistol cartridge because it just beat the snot out of the handguns designed to shoot it. I mean we have rifle calibers, pistol calibers, and now introducing the worlds first carbine caliber.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Nevermind...
All lost in a tragic kayaking incident.
Bring back BitterClinger

User avatar

Topic author
bblhd672
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 5
Posts: 4811
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:43 am
Location: TX

Re: Ruger announces new .40 cal PC Carbine model

#8

Post by bblhd672 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:14 am

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:51 am
I want the 9mm model. I understand why they issued the .40 cal model next, but to me a .45 ACP model would be a lot more interesting than a .40 cal.
A lot of people were hoping for a .45 ACP model, which makes more sense than a .40 cal from a potential sales impact. I'm thinking when they become available Ruger would have sold hundreds of them in .45 ACP the first few days versus dozens of the .40 cal.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager


Tex1961
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 5
Posts: 789
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:11 am
Location: Frisco, Texas

Re: Ruger announces new .40 cal PC Carbine model

#9

Post by Tex1961 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:15 am

kayt00 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:08 am
This may be the niche that the 40 cal needs to make a resurgence. It's my understanding that it lost popularity as a pistol cartridge because it just beat the snot out of the handguns designed to shoot it. I mean we have rifle calibers, pistol calibers, and now introducing the worlds first carbine caliber.
I have to agree with you....
I manufacture and sell add on decorations for the Hi-Point Carbine... Most popular is the 9mm and second place is the .40 Caliber.... I thought the .45 Caliber would be second, but it's 3rd.....
Mike
Owner of Tejas Products "Manufacturer of firearm related accessories and custom laser engraving.
NRA Pistol Instructor
Range Safety Officer

WWW.TEJASPRODUCTS.COM

User avatar

The Annoyed Man
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 5
Posts: 25649
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:59 pm
Location: North Richland Hills, Texas
Contact:

Re: Ruger announces new .40 cal PC Carbine model

#10

Post by The Annoyed Man » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:29 am

Tex1961 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:15 am
kayt00 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:08 am
This may be the niche that the 40 cal needs to make a resurgence. It's my understanding that it lost popularity as a pistol cartridge because it just beat the snot out of the handguns designed to shoot it. I mean we have rifle calibers, pistol calibers, and now introducing the worlds first carbine caliber.
I have to agree with you....
I manufacture and sell add on decorations for the Hi-Point Carbine... Most popular is the 9mm and second place is the .40 Caliber.... I thought the .45 Caliber would be second, but it's 3rd.....
Yeah, but citing Hi-Point? Think of your reputation, man! :lol:

IJK
:leaving
• Give me Liberty or I'll get up and get it myself.
• I don't carry because of the odds, I carry because of the stakes.
• My dream is to have lived my life so well that future generations of leftists will demand my name be removed from buildings.
• Independent Minarchist.


Tex1961
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 5
Posts: 789
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:11 am
Location: Frisco, Texas

Re: Ruger announces new .40 cal PC Carbine model

#11

Post by Tex1961 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:30 am

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:29 am
Tex1961 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:15 am
kayt00 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:08 am
This may be the niche that the 40 cal needs to make a resurgence. It's my understanding that it lost popularity as a pistol cartridge because it just beat the snot out of the handguns designed to shoot it. I mean we have rifle calibers, pistol calibers, and now introducing the worlds first carbine caliber.
I have to agree with you....
I manufacture and sell add on decorations for the Hi-Point Carbine... Most popular is the 9mm and second place is the .40 Caliber.... I thought the .45 Caliber would be second, but it's 3rd.....
Yeah, but citing Hi-Point? Think of your reputation, man! :lol:

IJK
:leaving
That's ok... I make up for it with the Ruger Carbine, AR-15, and custom baseplate and grips..... :cheers2:
moddled close up.png
collage.png
IMG_2686.jpeg
Mike
Owner of Tejas Products "Manufacturer of firearm related accessories and custom laser engraving.
NRA Pistol Instructor
Range Safety Officer

WWW.TEJASPRODUCTS.COM


flechero
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 2933
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:04 pm
Location: Central Texas

Re: Ruger announces new .40 cal PC Carbine model

#12

Post by flechero » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:01 pm

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:51 am
I understand why they issued the .40 cal model next, but to me a .45 ACP model would be a lot more interesting than a .40 cal.
:iagree: I'd buy the 45acp, but have absolutely no interest in the .40 cal.


Soccerdad1995
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 3913
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:03 pm

Re: Ruger announces new .40 cal PC Carbine model

#13

Post by Soccerdad1995 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:22 pm

bblhd672 wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:03 pm
K.Mooneyham wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:19 am
I will attest that the 9mm version works pretty darned good. Some additional type mag wells, and perhaps even some aftermarket stocks would be nice, though.
:iagree: I'm constantly checking the companies who make PCC parts to see if there are any replacement stocks.

Also, I noticed on the Ruger store this morning that there is a new backpack case being released that was made specifically for the PC Carbine. As anyone who has tried it knows, Ruger's original 10/22 Breakdown backpack case does not work properly with the PCC.
https://shopruger.com/Ruger-PC-Carbine- ... nfo/19094/
Expected arrival in the store June 1st.
This gun (in 9mm) has been on my watch list for a while now. This bag might just be the thing that puts me over the top. Unlike the Kel-Tec Sub-2000, I don't think the Ruger will fit into my oversize computer bag, and I was actually struggling with how to carry it in my vehicle.

I second the folks who are saying that a .45 would have been much more attractive than a .40. Maybe they are going after the LE market for those agencies that still issue .40 cal handguns?
Ding dong, the witch is dead

User avatar

Topic author
bblhd672
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 5
Posts: 4811
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:43 am
Location: TX

Re: Ruger announces new .40 cal PC Carbine model

#14

Post by bblhd672 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:37 pm

Soccerdad1995 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:22 pm
bblhd672 wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:03 pm
K.Mooneyham wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:19 am
I will attest that the 9mm version works pretty darned good. Some additional type mag wells, and perhaps even some aftermarket stocks would be nice, though.
:iagree: I'm constantly checking the companies who make PCC parts to see if there are any replacement stocks.

Also, I noticed on the Ruger store this morning that there is a new backpack case being released that was made specifically for the PC Carbine. As anyone who has tried it knows, Ruger's original 10/22 Breakdown backpack case does not work properly with the PCC.
https://shopruger.com/Ruger-PC-Carbine- ... nfo/19094/
Expected arrival in the store June 1st.
This gun (in 9mm) has been on my watch list for a while now. This bag might just be the thing that puts me over the top. Unlike the Kel-Tec Sub-2000, I don't think the Ruger will fit into my oversize computer bag, and I was actually struggling with how to carry it in my vehicle.

I second the folks who are saying that a .45 would have been much more attractive than a .40. Maybe they are going after the LE market for those agencies that still issue .40 cal handguns?
I sold my Sub-2000 to finance the purchase of the Ruger PCC. The fact that there hasn't been a good, discrete bag to carry it in has been a sore point, especially since Ruger claimed the PCC would fit into the 10/22 Takedown bag. It does, but not well and not accommodating to having any sort of attachments like scopes or lights. Another company has a bag that I almost bought but when I inquired whether or not the PCC would fit, the answer I received was "it should" based upon the dimensions of both.
The PCC wouldn't fit into any of the various size computer bags I have accumulated.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

User avatar

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 7
Posts: 2593
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:16 pm
Location: North Dallas

Re: Ruger announces new .40 cal PC Carbine model

#15

Post by Bitter Clinger » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:25 pm

Ruger, Schmuger.

Get one of these, they are AWESOME! https://www.cmmginc.com/product/pistol- ... kg-45-acp/
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Post Reply

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”