Why This Rifle Maker Keeps Its Base Of Operations In One Of The Most Anti-Gun Parts Of The Country

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
bblhd672
Posts in topic: 2

Why This Rifle Maker Keeps Its Base Of Operations In One Of The Most Anti-Gun Parts Of The Country

Post by bblhd672 »

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa ... r-n2546009
It’s right there for all to see—and with pride: Henry—Made In America, or Not At All. That’s the mantra of Henry Repeating Arms, a gun manufacturer based out of Bayonne, New Jersey. Yes, I know. What’s the gun maker doing sticking around in one of the most anti-gun states in the country? It’s a question that the company’s president, Anthony Imperato, answered and it made total sense.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

rotor
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Why This Rifle Maker Keeps Its Base Of Operations In One Of The Most Anti-Gun Parts Of The Country

Post by rotor »

Made in the USA, New Jersey still part of the USA? What will eventually force a move is NJ's tax structure which forces companies to move.

Topic author
bblhd672
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Why This Rifle Maker Keeps Its Base Of Operations In One Of The Most Anti-Gun Parts Of The Country

Post by bblhd672 »

rotor wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 5:39 pm Made in the USA, New Jersey still part of the USA? What will eventually force a move is NJ's tax structure which forces companies to move.
Perhaps if Mr. Imperato moved out of tax heavy NJ, he could make his rifles a bit more affordable.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Chemist45

Post by Chemist45 »

bblhd672 Wrote
Perhaps if Mr. Imperato moved out of tax heavy NJ, he could make his rifles a bit more affordable.
Who knows - maybe I'd buy a few if they were more affordable.

cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

His rifles are fairly priced. The quality you get with a Henry is steps above anyone else these days. They are exceptionally accurate. Fantastic customer service as well. I don’t know of any mainstream firearms manufacturer that you call and theres a real person answering and they know what your talking about. Male or Female. In fact, I called them yesterday to ask a question. Super informative and to the point. You can even email or call the owner and He will personally get back with you. Again can you tell me the owner of Ruger or S&W would do the same? For the quality of work that goes into their rifles they have to cost that much to make anything off of them. Remember they are in the business to make money not break even. I hunt with Henry’s and I know in 50 years Lord willing I make it, my kids and grandkids will be using the same gun. They stay in that area they are making a statement. Until you own a Henry you just won’t know what your missing. MADE IN AMERICA OR NOT MADE AT ALL

Scott Farkus

Post by Scott Farkus »

So basically he stays where he's not wanted because of family history and the 200-ish NJ employees who would likely lose their jobs. It's good that he cares about them, because NJ doesn't - they're doing everything they can to put him out of business. Right now they're focusing on AR's and semi-auto handguns but eventually they'll set their sights on lever actions, and suddenly this product he's been making for however many years - a fantastic product, btw - will become illegal overnight. What then? I hope he's got contingency plans, because unless there's a major course correction in this country, that day is coming.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”