Proud Pawpaw (sorry Pawpaw, I am also called that)

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
RPBrown
Posts in topic: 1

Proud Pawpaw (sorry Pawpaw, I am also called that)

Post by RPBrown »

This may or may not be the place for this so Mods, please move if not.
Last year you may remember me posting about my grand daughter and I taking some out of staters shooting after a bowling tournament. This is kind of a follow up on that post.
1st for the proud Pawpaw portion--She was accepted to Vanderbilt on full ride scholarships both for academics (4.9 gpa) and bowling :thewave. As proud as I am of her, I'm a little sad she is moving out of state, but we have to let them spread their wings.
Now for the reason for the post in this discussion. She found out that Vanderbilt has a trap shooting club and she applied and was accepted :woohoo . This is something we did together for several years. I had an older 20 gauge 1100 that I gave her to use. After much harassment on my wife and I's part about what she wanted as a graduation gift, she finally decided she wanted a new shotgun. Recently her boyfriend (takes a while to remember she's not a little girl anymore) has gone shooting with us and he has a Stevens over-under in 12 gauge that she shot and likes. I would like to get her a very nice over-under shotgun but don't know anything about what brand or who is best made. I think our price-point would be under 2000.00 but that is not set in stone. However, we (at my wife's insistence) have also bought her a newer (2017) car for graduation but the shotgun will be from her Pawpaw only.
Someone with more experience in over-unders please help me out.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

puma guy

Re: Proud Pawpaw (sorry Pawpaw, I am also called that)

Post by puma guy »

RPBrown wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 8:44 am This may or may not be the place for this so Mods, please move if not.
Last year you may remember me posting about my grand daughter and I taking some out of staters shooting after a bowling tournament. This is kind of a follow up on that post.
1st for the proud Pawpaw portion--She was accepted to Vanderbilt on full ride scholarships both for academics (4.9 gpa) and bowling :thewave. As proud as I am of her, I'm a little sad she is moving out of state, but we have to let them spread their wings.
Now for the reason for the post in this discussion. She found out that Vanderbilt has a trap shooting club and she applied and was accepted :woohoo . This is something we did together for several years. I had an older 20 gauge 1100 that I gave her to use. After much harassment on my wife and I's part about what she wanted as a graduation gift, she finally decided she wanted a new shotgun. Recently her boyfriend (takes a while to remember she's not a little girl anymore) has gone shooting with us and he has a Stevens over-under in 12 gauge that she shot and likes. I would like to get her a very nice over-under shotgun but don't know anything about what brand or who is best made. I think our price-point would be under 2000.00 but that is not set in stone. However, we (at my wife's insistence) have also bought her a newer (2017) car for graduation but the shotgun will be from her Pawpaw only.
Someone with more experience in over-unders please help me out.
Can't go wrong with Browning or an older Charles Daly which were made by BC Miroku, the company that now makes Brownings.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

RicoTX

Post by RicoTX »

I have no opinion on the gun, but wanted to say congratulations to her!
NRA Endowment Life Member
TSRA Member
GOA Member

pushpullpete

Post by pushpullpete »

RicoTX wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 2:27 am I have no opinion on the gun, but wanted to say congratulations to her!
:iagree: :iagree: :woohoo

Very nice. Grandkids are great, The parents set the rules so you really don't have to discipline per say but,
you can enjoy the bejeebers out of time spent with them. Sounds like life has been good, :tiphat: here's
to the continued good for many years to come.
:txflag: :patriot:

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”