Handled a 9mm LCR today.....

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
JRG
Posts in topic: 1

Handled a 9mm LCR today.....

Post by JRG »

and I LIKED it!! It had the exposed hammer so that makes it an LCR x right? It was an okay price NIB $397 + 3% for CC and 8.25% tax. I didn't get it as it was the first time I had handled one. But it felt great in my hand. I was at the Mesquite, TX gun show.

I'm thinking this is going to be my next gun purchase. It will take the place of my S&W 642 j frame. It will be a good pick up for me as it will also share ammo with my Shield 9mm and my Mod 2 SC 9mm.

Dang it! Now I am wishing I had gone ahead and gotten it.

Joe

kayt00

Re: Handled a 9mm LCR today.....

Post by kayt00 »

Should have grabbed it, I've got an LCR no "X", it's a fun one. Pretty snappy in 9mm, but I love it. I generally carry it as a little glove box gun or when I'm jogging/walking.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Nevermind...
All lost in a tragic kayaking incident.
Bring back BitterClinger

Jose_in_Dallas

Post by Jose_in_Dallas »

Middle Age Russ

Post by Middle Age Russ »

One thing to keep in mind.

https://www.ammoland.com/2017/04/bullet ... z5ocrlWSaa
9mm headspaces on the mouth of the case. In a revolver, the case of each round is therefore held at the mouth, and the recoil impulse working against the momentum of the projectiles in the non-firing chambers is what can cause the projectiles to gradually work their way out of the cases. The unchambered rounds in a pistol magazine are not held by the case mouth -- the front surface of the projectile will encounter the inside front of the magazine under recoil and the projectile (and the rest of the cartridge as well) simply stops with no risk like you might encounter with a revolver.

For semi-autos, repeated chambering of a round -- where the projectile encounters the feed ramp en route to the chamber while the case is being pushed from the rear -- can shorten the overall length of the cartridge, potentially leading to compressed propellant charges and/or over pressure situations when fired.
Russ
Stay aware and engaged. Awareness buys time; time buys options. Survival may require moving quickly past the Observe, Orient and Decide steps to ACT.
NRA Life Member, CRSO, Basic Pistol, PPITH & PPOTH Instructor, Texas 4-H Certified Pistol & Rifle Coach, Texas LTC Instructor

rotor

Post by rotor »

I have a .38 special Ruger LCR. Great gun but DO NOT ever try to shoot snake shot with it. The gun is so light that recoil causes migration of the shot capsule and lockup of the gun. I have not had a problem with reloaded ammo or commercial .38 special ammo. Snake shot just doesn't have a way to crimp the case to prevent migration.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”