Rainy day. Decided I had too much money. Had a holster made for my large model 28

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Odinvalknir
Posts in topic: 3

Rainy day. Decided I had too much money. Had a holster made for my large model 28

Post by Odinvalknir »

Figured what the hell it would be a nice barbecue or conversation gun. Had a all kydex outside the waistband holster made and I am digging it. Probably won't be an everyday carry kind of thing just when I'm feeling particularly revolver or flashy I guess.

:txflag:

DynamicDan
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Rainy day. Decided I had too much money. Had a holster made for my large model 28

Post by DynamicDan »

Very sleek

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 5

Re: Rainy day. Decided I had too much money. Had a holster made for my large model 28

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Who made it?
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
Odinvalknir

Post by Odinvalknir »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:54 pm Who made it?
I have a my holsters made by a local company named Triple T holsters. They're in league City Texas, and ship Nationwide.

The Annoyed Man

Thanks. That's a pretty nice index holster.

I recently bought a nice Galco for my N-frame revolver.

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

#TINVOWOOT

Iunnrais

Post by Iunnrais »

Those are some good lookin grips on that Smith! :tiphat:

The Annoyed Man

Iunnrais wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:47 pm Those are some good lookin grips on that Smith! :tiphat:
I actually took them off and put the rubber OEM grips back on, which look just like the ones in the OP's picture. The wood ones are very nice, but they’re just a tad too big for my hand. The person I bought the gun from has much larger hands than I have. I have the same rubber grips on my 5” Model 29, and like them a lot, even if they don’t look as sharp as the wood ones.

#TINVOWOOT

Iunnrais

Post by Iunnrais »

Ahh, I did the reverse with my 629. It came with the old style pachmayr rubber grips, but they've aged from rubber into rock and tended to pinch along the seam when firing. I replaced them with a set of Miculek's competition grips which have been quite nice.
Attachments
IMG_0937.JPG
IMG_0923.JPG

The Annoyed Man

Iunnrais wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:34 am Ahh, I did the reverse with my 629. It came with the old style pachmayr rubber grips, but they've aged from rubber into rock and tended to pinch along the seam when firing. I replaced them with a set of Miculek's competition grips which have been quite nice.
Your 629 must be older than my 29. Mine came with grips ide tidal to the ones in the OP's picture. I’m certain that they’re made by Hogue. The ones that are original to my 327 TRR8 (pictured above) are identical to the Hogues, but branded "S&W".

Here’s my 29:

#TINVOWOOT

Iunnrais

Post by Iunnrais »

Could very well be. It's a 629-1 circa 1981/1982. I lucked into it at the DFW Cabelas several years back. It's done very well for me after I spent a few hours cleaning all the lead from the barrel. I really need to get a better holster for it for the rare times I want to carry it. It's been nice to have when out hunting feral pigs.

The Annoyed Man

Iunnrais wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:48 pm Could very well be. It's a 629-1 circa 1981/1982. I lucked into it at the DFW Cabelas several years back. It's done very well for me after I spent a few hours cleaning all the lead from the barrel. I really need to get a better holster for it for the rare times I want to carry it. It's been nice to have when out hunting feral pigs.
I bought mine NIB at a local gun store in Pasadena, CA, in 1996. Sometimes I regret for purely practical reasons not buying a stainless version, but that deep black polished bluing on this gun was so purty!

#TINVOWOOT

Crash
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Crash »

Odinvalknir wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:24 pm Figured what the hell it would be a nice barbecue or conversation gun. Had a all kydex outside the waistband holster made and I am digging it. Probably won't be an everyday carry kind of thing just when I'm feeling particularly revolver or flashy I guess.

:txflag:
Odinvalknir,

If you still have too much money, I'll be happy to take some off your hands--relieve you of that responsibility..... :lol:

Crash

Topic author
Odinvalknir

Post by Odinvalknir »

Crash wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:18 pm

Odinvalknir,

If you still have too much money, I'll be happy to take some off your hands--relieve you of that responsibility..... :lol:

Crash
I also build and customize my gaming PC. With custom water cooling... Between that and guns I have PLENTY of places to throw money away to.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”