Marine Corps Adopts Sig Sauer M18

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
KLB
Posts in topic: 1

Marine Corps Adopts Sig Sauer M18

Post by KLB »

SIG Sauer announced this week that the U.S. Marine Corps is adopting the M18—the compact version of the U.S. Army’s Modular Handgun System (MHS)—as its official duty pistol. Speculation the branch would go with one of the two MHS versions was put to rest in the Navy’s 2019 budget estimate [PDF]—published in February 2018—although there was no early indication it preferred the 3.7-barreled version over the 4.7-inch barreled M17 receiving widest distribution by the U.S. Army.
https://www.shootingillustrated.com/art ... 8-handgun/

joe817

Re: Marine Corps Adopts Sig Sauer M18

Post by joe817 »

From the article:

"This year the branch is scheduled purchase 35,000 at a price of roughly $6 million. " Wow! That's about $171.42 each! :shock:

Can I get in on that action? :biggrinjester:
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

DocV

Post by DocV »

joe817 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:11 pm From the article:

"This year the branch is scheduled purchase 35,000 at a price of roughly $6 million. " Wow! That's about $171.42 each! :shock:

Over here :

https://rmi.marines.com/request-information :biggrinjester:

Jusme
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Jusme »

I bet hammer manufacturers are worried now, knowing that the military actually got a discount. :mrgreen:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

Jusme wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:28 pm

I bet hammer manufacturers are worried now, knowing that the military actually got a discount. :mrgreen:
There are no hammers involved with this transaction.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

Liberty wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:30 pm

Yes but the US government has a history of overpaying for hammers, and other items. I'm just glad they managed to negotiate a good price for pistols. My fear is that each extra magazine will run approximately $7000.00 each. :roll:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

Jusme wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:59 pm
Liberty wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:30 pm

Yes but the US government has a history of overpaying for hammers, and other items. I'm just glad they managed to negotiate a good price for pistols. My fear is that each extra magazine will run approximately $7000.00 each. :roll:
My concern is that the government has given up on hammers. The next thing you know they will be buying striker fired M-4s
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

RogueUSMC

Post by RogueUSMC »

KLB wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:39 pm
SIG Sauer announced this week that the U.S. Marine Corps is adopting the M18—the compact version of the U.S. Army’s Modular Handgun System (MHS)—as its official duty pistol. Speculation the branch would go with one of the two MHS versions was put to rest in the Navy’s 2019 budget estimate [PDF]—published in February 2018—although there was no early indication it preferred the 3.7-barreled version over the 4.7-inch barreled M17 receiving widest distribution by the U.S. Army.
https://www.shootingillustrated.com/art ... 8-handgun/
The dolt who published the article has a picture of a kevlar with an Airborne patch on an article about the USMC adopting the weapon...SMH
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

DocV wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:25 pm

Over here :

https://rmi.marines.com/request-information :biggrinjester:
Doesn't being able to correctly fill in a form disqualify one from joining the USMC? Or is it that doing so automatically qualifies one to be a Marine Corps officer?

My brother had to do it the hard way; enlisted, boot camp, then Corps sent him to Annapolis. He trained by children to say "Go Navy, Beat Army", so I never miss a chance to remind him that he was in the Navy.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”