Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Killadocg23
Posts in topic: 2

Ar15 build. Take down pics too tight?

Post by Killadocg23 »

Gents need some help,

Put together an Anderson lower for a buddy of mines to pair with a 16” PSA kit and the take down pins are tight and won’t line up. I have to nudge them to line up and use a tool or something to put the pin out to take it down.I thought it was the lower but I’ve put two different uppers on the lower and they are smooth as silk. I also put the PSA upper on my other two lowers and even though they aren’t silk smooth they still line up and I can use my fingers to pull the pin out. What can be the cause of this? I double checked everything. Any help is appreciated!

kayt00
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Ar15 build. Take down pics too tight?

Post by kayt00 »

I used and Anderson lower on my last build and ran into a similar issue with it. The take down pins went in just fine however when you pull the rear pin the front pivot is a bit snug. Snug in that you actually need to apply a tiny bit of force to pivot the pistol open. I'm not worried about it since I can get every thing together and apart. Separately the pins are free, together not so much. Anyway function checks out just fine and it'll loosen up over time. I'm not worried about it. If you can get your upper and lowers together, test for function then run the snot out of it.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Nevermind...
All lost in a tragic kayaking incident.
Bring back BitterClinger

Topic author
Killadocg23
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Ar15 build. Take down pics too tight?

Post by Killadocg23 »

Thanks

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”