Walmart has fallen!

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1


locke_n_load
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 989
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:35 pm

Re: Walmart has fallen!

#46

Post by locke_n_load » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:09 pm

Kroger falls too. Shame.
I shopped at Kroger exclusively after they gave mom's demand action the middle finger.

Where to shop now everyone? I already had HEB on my ban list, now Walmart and Kroger too. Target?

https://thehill.com/regulation/business ... HStbarOg64
"They that would give up Essential Liberty, for a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety"

EDC - Glock 26 Gen IV
CHL Holder since 10/08

User avatar

Oldgringo
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 12
Posts: 11074
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:15 pm
Location: Pineywoods of east Texas

Re: Walmart has fallen!

#47

Post by Oldgringo » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:25 pm

I've never been a proponent of OC; therefore, 30.07 in any form upsets me not a bit. :tiphat:


crazy2medic
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 6
Posts: 1665
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:59 am

Re: Walmart has fallen!

#48

Post by crazy2medic » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:26 pm

Got back from Wal-Mart about an hour ago, opened carried the entire time, no issues.
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention


TreyHouston
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 12
Posts: 1765
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:00 pm
Location: Tomball

Re: Walmart has fallen!

#49

Post by TreyHouston » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:31 pm

Aggie_engr wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:40 pm
Correct me if I’m wrong, but posting no open carry (30.07) in Texas only precludes licensed individuals from carry handguns and not long rifles? How would this prevent the El Paso incident or the Missouri guy from openly carrying a rifle? I’m assuming these events are the drivers behind releasing such a policy.
HEY HEY! Dat der tinking stuff tis BAD, HEAR! Us gere Walmart managers know better tan U!!!!
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:


TreyHouston
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 12
Posts: 1765
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:00 pm
Location: Tomball

Re: Walmart has fallen!

#50

Post by TreyHouston » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:43 pm

locke_n_load wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:09 pm
Kroger falls too. Shame.
I shopped at Kroger exclusively after they gave mom's demand action the middle finger.

Where to shop now everyone? I already had HEB on my ban list, now Walmart and Kroger too. Target?

https://thehill.com/regulation/business ... HStbarOg64
Target? Isn’t that the place weird perverts go into the girls bathroom to hang out?
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:


Chemist45
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 472
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:43 pm
Location: Kingsland, TX

Re: Walmart has fallen!

#51

Post by Chemist45 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:47 pm

And my local gun shop will sell more ammo as a result.
This is a good thing.

User avatar

ScottDLS
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 4665
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2005 1:04 am
Location: DFW Area, TX

Re: Walmart has fallen!

#52

Post by ScottDLS » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:16 pm

Oldgringo wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:25 pm
I've never been a proponent of OC; therefore, 30.07 in any form upsets me not a bit. :tiphat:
I’ve never been a fan of revolvers so if Texas were to ban them, I wouldn’t care a bit. :biggrinjester:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

User avatar

John Galt
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 648
Joined: Tue May 26, 2015 9:14 pm
Location: DFW

Re: Walmart has fallen!

#53

Post by John Galt » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:17 pm

striker55 wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:15 pm
Won't affect me, I buy my ammo online in bulk. I won't open carry because I want the element of surprise.
:iagree:


locke_n_load
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 989
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:35 pm

Re: Walmart has fallen!

#54

Post by locke_n_load » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:18 pm

ScottDLS wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:16 pm
Oldgringo wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:25 pm
I've never been a proponent of OC; therefore, 30.07 in any form upsets me not a bit. :tiphat:
I’ve never been a fan of revolvers so if Texas were to ban them, I wouldn’t care a bit. :biggrinjester:
Exactly. Just one more step closer to banning all carry. Normalize banning one, the other doesn't seem so hard to get rid of.
"They that would give up Essential Liberty, for a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety"

EDC - Glock 26 Gen IV
CHL Holder since 10/08

User avatar

Syntyr
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 8
Posts: 1294
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:54 pm
Location: Houston
Contact:

Re: Walmart has fallen!

#55

Post by Syntyr » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:37 pm

locke_n_load wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:18 pm
ScottDLS wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:16 pm
Oldgringo wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:25 pm
I've never been a proponent of OC; therefore, 30.07 in any form upsets me not a bit. :tiphat:
I’ve never been a fan of revolvers so if Texas were to ban them, I wouldn’t care a bit. :biggrinjester:
Exactly. Just one more step closer to banning all carry. Normalize banning one, the other doesn't seem so hard to get rid of.
Exactly!

Who cares if they stop selling 223. I dont use it!
Who cares if they stop selling 9mm I dont yse it.
Who cares if they pass red flag laws. I am not married.
Who cares if they ban ARs. I don't have one.

Drip, drip, drip. Our rights are being eroded every day. But you dont use them so shoulder shrug.
Syntyr
Happiness is two at low eight!

User avatar

03Lightningrocks
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 21
Posts: 8454
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:15 pm
Location: DFW area

Re: Walmart has fallen!

#56

Post by 03Lightningrocks » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:54 pm

Syntyr wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:37 pm
locke_n_load wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:18 pm
ScottDLS wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:16 pm
Oldgringo wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:25 pm
I've never been a proponent of OC; therefore, 30.07 in any form upsets me not a bit. :tiphat:
I’ve never been a fan of revolvers so if Texas were to ban them, I wouldn’t care a bit. :biggrinjester:
Exactly. Just one more step closer to banning all carry. Normalize banning one, the other doesn't seem so hard to get rid of.
Exactly!

Who cares if they stop selling 223. I dont use it!
Who cares if they stop selling 9mm I dont yse it.
Who cares if they pass red flag laws. I am not married.
Who cares if they ban ARs. I don't have one.

Drip, drip, drip. Our rights are being eroded every day. But you dont use them so shoulder shrug.
Funny,not so funny story. I can remember having deer camp arguments with fellow hunters back in 1994 that sounded like this. Being mostly working class stiffs, most of them were democrats in those days. Many of them would refuse to admit Dems were after blood. The main argument I would hear was of how the ban really doesn't affect them because they don't use these weapons or magazines to hunt with anyway. Owning military style weapons were not near as common in those days as it is now. Over the next several years I would hear many of these same guys complain of things like low capacity magazines. Many of them even gravitated to some of the military look rifles that were allowed in those days. People began to realize what they lost after it was gone. Once the ban sunrise in 2004 these same guys started buying again. Now here we are 16 years later and some of the same fears and emotional reactions to shootings are allowing this cycle to repeat. Difference I see this time is the greater popularity of military look rifles.

User avatar

Oldgringo
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 12
Posts: 11074
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:15 pm
Location: Pineywoods of east Texas

Re: Walmart has fallen!

#57

Post by Oldgringo » Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:08 pm

locke_n_load wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:18 pm
ScottDLS wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:16 pm
Oldgringo wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:25 pm
I've never been a proponent of OC; therefore, 30.07 in any form upsets me not a bit. :tiphat:
I’ve never been a fan of revolvers so if Texas were to ban them, I wouldn’t care a bit. :biggrinjester:
Exactly. Just one more step closer to banning all carry. Normalize banning one, the other doesn't seem so hard to get rid of.
This is 2019, not 1856. I've never, intentionally, gone out of my way to attract attention.

Rightfully, or wrongly, I feel that in this day and time, civilian OC in heavily public places; e.g., shopping, entertainment, religious places, just ain't promoting, nor preserving, our overall 2A interests. YMMV?


WTR
Banned
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1931
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:41 pm

Re: Walmart has fallen!

#58

Post by WTR » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:11 pm

Shopped in WalMart this evening in west El Paso this afternoon I CC and walked right passed an Officer as I said hello No problems


srothstein
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 4178
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:27 pm
Location: Luling, TX

Re: Walmart has fallen!

#59

Post by srothstein » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:12 pm

oljames3 wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:39 pm
Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission rules require establishments selling alcohol for "off premises" consumption display a sign stating that unlicensed carrying of a weapon is a felony. Since Texas does not license the carrying of long guns, rifles are prohibited. Obviously, the carrying of rifles is not "prevented" since criminals do not heed signs.
https://www.tabc.state.tx.us/publicatio ... eapons.pdf
Despite the wording of the sign, the law actually doe not make it illegal to carry a rifle in the licensed premise. The wording of the sign refers to PC 46.02(c), which makes any offense under 46.02(a) a third degree felony if it occurs on a licensed premise. And 46.02 does not cover rifles.
Steve Rothstein

User avatar

03Lightningrocks
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 21
Posts: 8454
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:15 pm
Location: DFW area

Re: Walmart has fallen!

#60

Post by 03Lightningrocks » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:39 pm

Image

Post Reply

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”