Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
C-dub
Posts in topic: 6

Walmart has fallen!

Post by C-dub »

https://apnews.com/bc34b70298c745f6929797c6726d2f33
NEW YORK (AP) — Walmart says it will discontinue the sale of handgun ammunition and also publicly request that customers refrain from openly carrying firearms in stores even where state laws allow it.
It has begun.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

imkopaka
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Walmart has fallen!

Post by imkopaka »

Ugh. Still gonna OC unless given verbal notice.
Never bring a knife to a gun fight.
Carry gun: Springfield XD Tactical .45

philip964
Posts in topic: 2

Post by philip964 »

I was there yesterday and marveled at how full the locked ammunition cabinets were.

Certainly not like during the Obama years when they were literally bare.

I fear the future.

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Beiruty »

bad news , as Walmart was too big to fail for the Antis. Whos is next Accademy?
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

TheCytochromeC

Post by TheCytochromeC »

I came here to to see the reaction to this news. In fact, it made me aware there's no popcorn-eating smiley.

I think this is a pretty big move in terms of marketing, but I think the private or non-publicly traded market will pick up the slack on .223/5.56 rounds. I get a lot of people want to open carry to support that right, but given the insanity and hyper-reactivity of people these days you're more likely to charm an arachnophobe with a tarantula. Let them post 30.07, I personally don't mind. The only thing Walmart really offers me is cheap staple goods. The employees are stretched so thin you never find anyone working the sporting goods counter. They may loose business from other people, but they never had any from me to begin with in that area. I'm going out on a limb and say that's the effect on an overwhelming majority of their customers.

TL/DR - Stock up, handload.

imkopaka
Posts in topic: 3

Post by imkopaka »

imkopaka wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:27 pm Ugh. Still gonna OC unless given verbal notice.
Looks like I spoke too soon. Wal-Mart announced they will be posting state-specific signage at their stores to prohibit open carry. On the plus side, they did specifically say they would not seek to stop concealed carry.
Never bring a knife to a gun fight.
Carry gun: Springfield XD Tactical .45

Robert*PPS

Post by Robert*PPS »

I noticed a new sign at Walmart this Saturday. It said something to the effect that carrying a firearm is illegal unless the person is licensed under Chapter 4....blah blah blah. I've never seen a sign like this before, but it was not 30.06, so....

Syntyr
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Syntyr »

Buh bye Walmart. I spend about 400 bucks a month there. Groceries and misc. No more. And I'll get my relatives to stop as well.

Headed to Walmart to see if I can buy some ammo before the ban.
Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

K.Mooneyham
Posts in topic: 4

Post by K.Mooneyham »

Get woke, go broke. I hope the butterfly effect gets them in the end. They don't want my business, well, I don't have to give it to them. Let their precious little tide-pod eaters take up the slack.

easy10

Post by easy10 »

Never see anyone at the ammo counter anyway. Wonder what Crusius would have done if he saw someone open carrying ?

CoffeeNut

Post by CoffeeNut »

I largely stopped buying ammo from them when they raised the purchase age to 21 but it is still a bummer. They were convenient for range ammo in a pinch and without their purchasing power I won't be surprised if ammo prices rise.
EDC: Sig Sauer P320SC / P238

joe817

Post by joe817 »

Sam would be rolling over in his grave if he learned about what has happened to his company.
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Robert*PPS

Post by Robert*PPS »

Russell wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:10 pm
Robert*PPS wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:57 pm I noticed a new sign at Walmart this Saturday. It said something to the effect that carrying a firearm is illegal unless the person is licensed under Chapter 4....blah blah blah. I've never seen a sign like this before, but it was not 30.06, so....
That is a TABC "blue sign", and every retailer in Texas that sells alcohol for off-premises consumption has to post it.
Oh, gotcha. I haven't paid any attention to any of the non 30.06 or red 51% for a while, and was used to seeing the blue "NOTICE" sign. :tiphat:

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”