Walmart has fallen!

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 22

Re: Walmart has fallen!

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Texas_Blaze wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:44 am 1. Every business has the right, as established by the laws that we have passed, to ban any form of carrying of weapons. We passed those laws that allow the business to do so.

2. Every business has the right to establish what they will sell as allowed by the laws that we have passed.

3. Every business has the right to engage the political scene and endorse the views as they see fit.

4. I have my own course of actions in response to these.

These are all the consequences of freedom, law & order. Like it or not.
I didn't see any posts claiming they had no right to make the rule. I just see posts expressing disagreement with their rules. Which is also what freedom is all about.

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

ScottDLS wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:16 pm
Oldgringo wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:25 pm I've never been a proponent of OC; therefore, 30.07 in any form upsets me not a bit. :tiphat:
I’ve never been a fan of revolvers so if Texas were to ban them, I wouldn’t care a bit. :biggrinjester:
:iagree:

First they came for the bump stocks, and I did nothing because I had no desire for a bump stock. Then they came for the open carry, and I did nothing because I don't open carry.

Eventually, they will get around to whatever it is that you DO care about.

carlson1
Posts in topic: 17

Post by carlson1 »

:iagree: :iagree:

Evil rules because good does nothing.

Killadocg23
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Killadocg23 »

Went to Wally World in my way home (it’s a Wally World off of 290). All federal 223 sold and all federal 9mm sold(which is usually the am I buy since it is cheap) guy at counter said 3 days ago the case was full. Unbelievable.

Syntyr
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Syntyr »

Killadocg23 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:16 pm Went to Wally World in my way home (it’s a Wally World off of 290). All federal 223 sold and all federal 9mm sold(which is usually the am I buy since it is cheap) guy at counter said 3 days ago the case was full. Unbelievable.
If Walmart believes what it is doing is right and that MSRs are causing mass death why continue to sell the stock that is left? Take the loss. Pull the product and dispose of it. Step up with the courage of your convictions. Pull the ammo from the shelves. Nope, this just exposes Walmart for the virtue signaling shills they are.

Walmart is dead to me.
Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 7

Post by crazy2medic »

The wife wants to grab a few things at wally world when I get off work today, I'll let ya'll know if they throw me out for open carrying!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

SIGFan43
Posts in topic: 5

Post by SIGFan43 »

My favorite and least expensive coffee is only sold at Walmart (Great Value 100% Columbian). I have found that Dollar General sells some of the same name brand sundries that Walmart does, and often at a lower price. They even have special sections where everything is $1.00. I am working on replacing my favorite coffee with something different that I can afford. There are only a couple of things that I need, but have to buy at Walmart, or pay more elsewhere. Anybody else know of a cheap, tasty alternative Columbian coffee I don't have to buy at Walmart?
SIGFan43
Where am I going, and why am I in this handbasket?

Take Down Sicko
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Take Down Sicko »

For years i have spent most of my pay check at wally world. I will do all my shopping at dollar general from now on.

flechero
Posts in topic: 1

Post by flechero »

Get them while you can!! :cheers2:
Supercenter-Tee_Homepage_950x290.jpg

SIGFan43
Posts in topic: 5

Post by SIGFan43 »

Take Down Sicko wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:07 am For years i have spent most of my pay check at wally world. I will do all my shopping at dollar general from now on.
:hurry:
SIGFan43
Where am I going, and why am I in this handbasket?

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

crazy2medic wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:18 am The wife wants to grab a few things at wally world when I get off work today, I'll let ya'll know if they throw me out for open carrying!
Why would you take a chance of them telling you that your not allowed back with a firearm at all? I don’t agree with their policy, but it is their business. I wouldn’t want to take the. Vance of being told I can’t come back with a firearm.

TreyHouston
Posts in topic: 13

Post by TreyHouston »

carlson1 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:37 am
crazy2medic wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:18 am The wife wants to grab a few things at wally world when I get off work today, I'll let ya'll know if they throw me out for open carrying!
Why would you take a chance of them telling you that your not allowed back with a firearm at all? I don’t agree with their policy, but it is their business. I wouldn’t want to take the. Vance of being told I can’t come back with a firearm.
You really think they would remember you?
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

TreyHouston wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:51 am
The law doesn’t say if they remember you. I hope you are suggesting for anyone to break law.
4. No posting of messages promoting illegal conduct.

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 12

Post by Oldgringo »

Why poke the bear? Do you want 'em to put up signs that keep ALL of us from carrying?

TreyHouston
Posts in topic: 13

Post by TreyHouston »

carlson1 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:00 pm
TreyHouston wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:51 am
The law doesn’t say if they remember you. I hope you are suggesting for anyone to break law.
4. No posting of messages promoting illegal conduct.
So if an employee of said company says “don’t come in here again” or what about just “leave”/ “Get out of there”, you are permanently banned from that store for life? Can an employee have that power?
I would also like to follow that up with this. A store posts 30.06. THIS gives you legal notice to not carry there. Next week the sign is gone BUT you have already been notified of their wishes and they remember you. Are you trespassing bringing your firearm in?
Third. How many times on this forum as people been told incorrectly that they can not carry in some specified location. Does that mean they are banned for life from carrying there?
4th- if not banned for life, then for how long? Management change, until that employee isn’t there anymore, verbal permission, written permission or what?

Hypothetically lets say when i was 16, the security guy caught me stealing smokes when they used to be on the end caps of the checkout lane and I was told I was banned for life. Should one still follow that 30 years later?

Side note- by no means am I encouraging ANYONE to break the law. These situations of lifetime consequences based on something VERBALLY said to me have never ever crossed my mind!
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”