Walmart has fallen!

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 22

Re: Walmart has fallen!

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

I think it isn't gonna matter what anyone does. If they were serious about it, they will put up signs. I would bet the issue is right now going through there legal department to make sure they implement it so as not to get sued by someone who is harassed for open carrying in their store. Hang back and wait. The signs are coming. We will be only lucky if they don't post 30.06 signs just to cover their bases.

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 3

Post by ScottDLS »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:24 pm I think it isn't gonna matter what anyone does. If they were serious about it, they will put up signs. I would bet the issue is right now going through there legal department to make sure they implement it so as not to get sued by someone who is harassed for open carrying in their store. Hang back and wait. The signs are coming. We will be only lucky if they don't post 30.06 signs just to cover their bases.
Even more reason to become a volunteer emergency responder. :cool:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

carlson1
Posts in topic: 17

Post by carlson1 »

rotor wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:02 pm
carlson1 wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:22 pm I despise their policies, but if you guys just keep pushing the envelope after they have asked you not too we will see 30.06 and 30.07 signs. It will be the fault of those who think they are the exceptions.
Seriously, If they want to keep open carriers out then let them post 07 and be done with it. If they want cc out let them 06 too. I would say your philosophy is the reverse answer to the solution. If everyone open carried then the public and WalMart would be used to it. I hardly ever open carry and I don't think many of us do. Perhaps I am wrong though and should routinely open carry and perhaps we all should. We can all live without WalMart. Their business model may go the way Sears did anyway. Angering your customer with no service doesn't lead to success. Wife had an Amazon delivery today on a post office truck...on a Sunday.... who else does this? Not a fan of Amazon otherwise but this guy started his business in a garage, like Jobs and Wozniak. Knows how to provide service.
Great selfish way to look at I guess. I try not to ruin good things for others. I may not like something, but others do.

rotor
Posts in topic: 6

Post by rotor »

carlson1 wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:57 pm
carlson1 wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:22 pm I despise their policies, but if you guys just keep pushing the envelope after they have asked you not too we will see 30.06 and 30.07 signs. It will be the fault of those who think they are the exceptions.
Seriously, If they want to keep open carriers out then let them post 07 and be done with it. If they want cc out let them 06 too. I would say your philosophy is the reverse answer to the solution. If everyone open carried then the public and WalMart would be used to it. I hardly ever open carry and I don't think many of us do. Perhaps I am wrong though and should routinely open carry and perhaps we all should. We can all live without WalMart. Their business model may go the way Sears did anyway. Angering your customer with no service doesn't lead to success. Wife had an Amazon delivery today on a post office truck...on a Sunday.... who else does this? Not a fan of Amazon otherwise but this guy started his business in a garage, like Jobs and Wozniak. Knows how to provide service.
Great selfish way to look at I guess. I try not to ruin good things for others. I may not like something, but others do.
First, I don't understand why you think it's a selfish way to look at it. None of us on this forum (I hope) have gone into WalMart killing people so we are not the undesirable people going there. We go there to spend money. Your solution seems to be don't anger the beast by doing things that are PERFECTLY legal. That worked well at Dick's and is working well at WalMart. A crazy kid kills people at a store and they want to ban honest people and you think that just being quiet will solve the problem. I was quiet before, never open carried at WalMart and we still got banned (maybe). Perhaps if 50 of us at a time open carried at a store every day at every store would "not ruin good things for others".

What are those good things anyway? Everything WalMart sells I can buy elsewhere.

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

You are right don’t like to poke the bear. This is not the mountain I choose to die on. I am not going to do something just because I can if there is a chance it is going to cost me or others more rights that have been worked on so hard by people in Texas for three decades. We have people on this Forum Mr. Cotton at the top that know exactly what needs to be done. They have given their life for Texans to gain some of our rights back just to be tossed for a few.

I have nothing else to say.

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 12

Post by Oldgringo »

rotor wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:13 pm
carlson1 wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:57 pm
First, I don't understand why you think it's a selfish way to look at it. None of us on this forum (I hope) have gone into WalMart killing people so we are not the undesirable people going there. We go there to spend money. Your solution seems to be don't anger the beast by doing things that are PERFECTLY legal. That worked well at Dick's and is working well at WalMart. A crazy kid kills people at a store and they want to ban honest people and you think that just being quiet will solve the problem. I was quiet before, never open carried at WalMart and we still got banned (maybe). Perhaps if 50 of us at a time open carried at a store every day at every store would "not ruin good things for others".

What are those good things anyway? Everything WalMart sells I can buy elsewhere.

I agree with Carlson. Why poke the bear?

In answer to your question, did you know that there are seven capital "I"'s in your two posts above?

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 22

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

ScottDLS wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:43 pm
03Lightningrocks wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:24 pm I think it isn't gonna matter what anyone does. If they were serious about it, they will put up signs. I would bet the issue is right now going through there legal department to make sure they implement it so as not to get sued by someone who is harassed for open carrying in their store. Hang back and wait. The signs are coming. We will be only lucky if they don't post 30.06 signs just to cover their bases.
Even more reason to become a volunteer emergency responder. :cool:
Now there is an idea. :thumbs2:

Topic author
C-dub

Post by C-dub »

PriestTheRunner wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:49 pm
03Lightningrocks wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:17 am I think the reason you won't see Walmart taking alcohol out of it's locations is money. Firearms/ammo sales and vape sales are minuscule compared to the revenue generated by alcohol products. Walmart is probably not sacrificing much revenue(comparatively) when they take firearms and ammo or vapes off the shelves.

Anyone with a lick of common sense knows Walmart does not give a darn about the well being of their customers. It is all about political posturing and the all mighty dollar.
Same reason they won't stop selling smokes.

Freakin hypocrites.
03Lightningrocks wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:17 am I think the reason you won't see Walmart taking alcohol out of it's locations is money. Firearms/ammo sales and vape sales are minuscule compared to the revenue generated by alcohol products. Walmart is probably not sacrificing much revenue(comparatively) when they take firearms and ammo or vapes off the shelves.

Anyone with a lick of common sense knows Walmart does not give a darn about the well being of their customers. It is all about political posturing and the all mighty dollar.
Although we've been talking about all things that are harmful I hasn't really thought about these two items and ammunition together.

Alcohol is out in the open on shelves. So is shotgun shells.

Tobacco products and handgun/rifle ammunition is behind locked cabinets. However, there is a difference between these two products. Tobacco products can still be bought at one or two of the front registers and one just has to ask the cashier for what they want and they turn around and get it right then. I think. I don't really know for sure, but I've seen others do that. I've never bought any tobacco products, so I don't have first hand knowledge.

Anyway, as we all know, getting into the ammo cabinet is a gigantic PITA most of the time.

Where I'm going with this is, while they probably haven't been selling too much ammunition, and if it is a money issue, they might sell more, like alcohol if they would put it out on a shelf like they do with the alcohol. I don't think that would ever happen at Walmart, but Academy has quite a bit of ammo out like this and they don't seem to have any issues.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 12

Post by Oldgringo »

This entire thread is a "tempest in a teapot", to quote The Bard. If one doesn't like any stores' policies, products, prices, parking or whatever, shop elsewhere.

In the instance of Walmart's, et al, recently publicized positions on OC, don't go there if you object. This is still a free country. Why provoke them into posting 30.06 signs to the detriment of us who do respect their "RIGHTS" to run their businesses as they see fit and our "RIGHTS" to shop where we choose? How self-serving selfish is that?

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Oldgringo wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:36 pm This entire thread is a "tempest in a teapot", to quote The Bard. If one doesn't like any stores' policies, products, prices, parking or whatever, shop elsewhere.

In the instance of Walmart's, et al, recently publicized positions on OC, don't go there if you object. This is still a free country. Why provoke them into posting 30.06 signs to the detriment of us who do respect their "RIGHTS" to run their businesses as they see fit and our "RIGHTS" to shop where we choose? How self-serving selfish is that?
:iagree: That is exactly what I was trying to put in words. You did it much better than I.

rotor

Post by rotor »

Oldgringo wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:36 pm This entire thread is a "tempest in a teapot", to quote The Bard. If one doesn't like any stores' policies, products, prices, parking or whatever, shop elsewhere.

Mr capital "I" counter, who is provoking WalMart? Did you provoke them? Did I provoke them? Is there any action that law abiding citizens did that provoked them to essentially drop support for the 2A and write to congress to pass new laws? I don't care if I ever go in there again but they are not a private organization, they are publicly owned with an obligation to shareholders. Does their current posture improve shareholder investment, time will tell. It is not law abiding citizens that have brought WalMart to this position. It is a crazy killer. Please ask Mr. Crazy killer not to ruin it for you.

TreyHouston
Posts in topic: 13

Post by TreyHouston »

Walmart will do what they want. They think they are gods and have a duty to tell Americans what they can and cannot have.

Its either being written up ALREADY or not. Actions now won’t change ANYTHING. :yawn
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

longtooth
Posts in topic: 2

Post by longtooth »

Don't care for WalMart. Wife HAD to go after church last night. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: I went in as always, Open Carry. Not a look, just like before the Great Announcement from way up stairs. I would bet my suspenders 3/4 of the store employees don't even know they said anything.
Don't go unless you absolutely have too. When you have to. Carry on guys. :thumbs2: :thumbs2: :thumbs2:
Forgot location. May make a difference some places. Angelina County, Deep East Texas.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Syntyr
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Syntyr »

So I had nothing to do... okay I had things I was avoiding doing. So I thought I would go check out Walmart last night and see what the situation regards EBR ammo is.

Store #1 Houston Sage and 59. Plenty of EBR ammo. Probably 15 boxes of federal or Winchester 200 round bulk packs.

Store #2 Stafford. Same situation.

Store #3 Sugarland highway 90. Same lots of stock.

Store #4 Rosenberg. Looks like the mother load. Easily 60 different boxes of different brands 5.56 .223. Also had 6.5 ceeedmore, 300 AAC, 7.62, 7.62 x 54r. Also had boxes of .22lr 555 rounds for 19 bucks.

Couldn't help myself. I bought 5.56 and .22 lr. I will see if it's being replaced. Looks like either walmart was just virtusignaling or just didnt have the courage of their convictions... Either way Walmart is still dead to me but I will keep buying their ammo.
Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Walmart in Chattanooga, TN still selling firearms and had plenty of ammo.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”