Man Reels in Semi-Automatic Rfile

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Man Reels in Semi-Automatic Rfile

Post by The Annoyed Man »

KC5AV wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:11 am
Paladin wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:21 am Classic thread!

CBS is enhancing on their Anti-gun yellow journalism creds by titling their article "Man Reels in Automatic Rifle While Fishing..."
I’d say they’re half right...it’s a semi automatic.
Not even. It’s fully semiautomatic.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

AndyC wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:23 pm So.... he's King now, is he?
Knowing the guy who tweeted that, I’m pretty sure he’s joking.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Here is a kick in the pants. I was curious so I looked up the gun they found. The Galil Ace. It is semi auto but would you believe the manufacturer refers to it as an assault rifle on their own web site? It is not enough that leftists do this but we have manufacturers doing it. "Houston. We have a problem".

https://iwi.net/ace/

SigM4
Posts in topic: 1

Post by SigM4 »

Seems like a very odd choice for a murder weapon, spendy too. Most likely stolen and ditched.
Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

SigM4 wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:08 pm Seems like a very odd choice for a murder weapon, spendy too. Most likely stolen and ditched.
Wow! It is pricey at 1700 dollars. You are probably right about it being stolen and dumped. I also just noticed the site I linked above is actually for the full auto version. On the Atlantic Firearms site it is semi-auto and listed as a rifle.

BigGuy
Posts in topic: 1

Post by BigGuy »

Reminds me of a story my dad told. He was a twenty years soldier, a Green Beret stationed 100 miles south of the Fulda gap during the Cuban Missile Crisis, and the assignation of President Kennedy. We got a lot of calls that he was “CQ.” Tom Clancy probably couldn’t write a story that matched his actual life. But the stories he told most, and the ones I remember, were of the tribulation of being a garrison soldier in peacetime. Army red tape was the stuff of legend in the 60’s.
This one took place at Ft. Seal Oklahoma. His MOS was artillery, though he always said he wouldn’t have know which end of the tube to put on the ground. He was an instructor for the Sargent, and later Corporal missiles. During one field exercise, a Second Lieutenant found a rifle out on the woods. I don’t remember the specific rifle, but I’m sure it was a military issue weapon, probably lost on a previous exercise. Lieutenant peach fuzz runs up to the grizzled E7 exclaiming “Sargent, Look what I found!” It was a rusty piece of crap that had been exposed to the elements for more than a year and would never be usable again.
“Yer sir,” dad told him. “There is a bend in that stream over there about a hundred yards north. If you’ll just drop it in there, it’s deep enough I don’t think it will ever be found.”
Lieutenant Peach Fuzz was aghast and lectured the First Sargent on the responsibility of military personnel to take care of and report on military equipment.
According to dad, the only sin worse in the Army of the 1960’s than NOT having a piece of equipment the Army paperwork said you should have, was having a piece of equipment you didn’t have documentation for.
According to dad, two years later, as he was transitioning out, he ran across that same lieutenant, still trying to put enough oil and elbow grease on that thing to get it pass inspection. Apparently, having found it, it was now his responsibility and needed to pass inspection. There didn’t seem to be anybody he could turn the thing over to. Apparently he was getting written up at every inspection because of the condition of a piece of equipment in his custody. “I wish I’d listened to you Sarg.” he told him miserably.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”