What Would Be The BEST 30-30 Lever Rifle

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

C-dub
Posts in topic: 4

Re: What Would Be The BEST 30-30 Lever Rifle

Post by C-dub »

Liberty wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:26 am How well will a brass receiver hold up over time? Brass concerns me that it wouldn't hold up with lots of shooting. A Henry is an heirloom quality that I would expect to outlast me.
The Henry brass is hardened. It's not regular brass. Now, I don't abuse mine, but after 18 years it is in just as good condition as the day we brought it home.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Owens
Posts in topic: 1

Re: What Would Be The BEST 30-30 Lever Rifle

Post by Owens »

Joining in a bit late to this, but as to what is "best" is relative. Just as in vehicles. There use to be huge gaps in quality and durability. Manufacturing has pretty well evened the playing field. Find one you like, shoulders well, etc. and go forth and enjoy. Personally, I'm partial to Marlin because of those things.
Life Member NRA, TSRA

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”