Finally!!

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Odinvalknir
Posts in topic: 6

Finally!!

Post by Odinvalknir »

Finally got my invite for membership at PSC. I used to work at the place during the summer when I was a kid, setting up steel targets. Finally thanks to a friend of mine, I got an invite and my orientation is Monday.

Thanks Charles for what you do, can't wait to shoot at the range!

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Finally!!

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Odinvalknir wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:31 pm Finally got my invite for membership at PSC. I used to work at the place during the summer when I was a kid, setting up steel targets. Finally thanks to a friend of mine, I got an invite and my orientation is Monday.

They have so many people going there they have a waiting list? I have heard of them but had no idea they were so high on the tree.

Nuts
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Nuts »

Congrats, I tried for 4 years to get a membership there and at bayou rifles. Finally got into bayou earlier this year. I would like to have both but, bayou’s julif range is only 7 miles from my house and I know I wouldn’t drive 45 minutes to get to psc very often.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:07 pm
Odinvalknir wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:31 pm Finally got my invite for membership at PSC. I used to work at the place during the summer when I was a kid, setting up steel targets. Finally thanks to a friend of mine, I got an invite and my orientation is Monday.

They have so many people going there they have a waiting list? I have heard of them but had no idea they were so high on the tree.
My wife and I went down there once for a "forum day" event....must have been back in 2009/2010 or so. It’s a nice range.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
Odinvalknir

Post by Odinvalknir »

Not so much a waiting list as an exclusive club. They only open registration rarely and the first people let in are ones recommended by current members.

This forums own Charles Cotton is I believe the club president.

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Odinvalknir wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:54 am

Not so much a waiting list as an exclusive club. They only open registration rarely and the first people let in are ones recommended by current members.

Very nice. Congratulations!

Topic author
Odinvalknir

Post by Odinvalknir »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:21 pm

Very nice. Congratulations!
Yea I can't wait. I was gonna go to a range this weekend. But I may as well wait till after my orientation and I get my member card, and just go there. Just really wanted to go this weekend lol.

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

Congrats and welcome to the club. I drive an hour one way to shoot there and it's worth every minute for me. Steel plates have been setup recently on the rifle range and they're adding additional pistol cells. Love this club and the work put into it.
Psalm 91:2

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

I'm Chief Instructor; Kevin is President.

Chas.

Topic author
Odinvalknir

Post by Odinvalknir »

Charles L. Cotton wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:22 pm

Chas.

Gotcha. Sorry for mixing that up, I guess you'll be giving the orientation thing tmrw then?

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Odinvalknir wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:39 am

Chas.

Gotcha. Sorry for mixing that up, I guess you'll be giving the orientation thing tmrw then?
No, Jim is our Membership Director and he does the orientations. I'm going to try to be there to help with the paperwork.

Chas.

Topic author
Odinvalknir

Post by Odinvalknir »

Right on. Well I'll see y'all tomorrow. And then hopefully be at the range Tuesday.

Topic author
Odinvalknir

Post by Odinvalknir »

Charles L. Cotton wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:01 pm
Odinvalknir wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:39 am

Chas.

No, Jim is our Membership Director and he does the orientations. I'm going to try to be there to help with the paperwork.

Chas.

Hey Charles I sent you a private message would you mind reading and getting back to me whenever you can? I would appreciate it. I enjoyed orientation last night and getting to walk about the range I actually just left a few minutes ago, shot some on the short rifle range and on the steel pistol bays. It is a beautiful range has lots of fun stuff to shoot. I plan on coming back many more times.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”