M&p 1.0 apex trigger install

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Odinvalknir
Posts in topic: 2

M&p 1.0 apex trigger install

Post by Odinvalknir »

I'm hoping someone here has installed one of these trigger kits on a M&P pistol and Mike can give me a little guidance as what to do next.

So last night I installed the Apex forward set sear assembly with flat faced trigger and the light trigger reset spring. I got all of the parts reassembled and the gun put back together without too much cursing, and when I did a function check I could hear a click that sounded like the Stryker hitting the firing pin. I finally got around to going to the range this afternoon to test it out since this is my everyday carry gun oh, I wanted to make sure as soon as possible that all was well. Well I inserted the magazine and load it around and when I pulled the trigger I could hear the click it sounded like the striker falling but there was no bang. In fact after examining the couple rounds that I tried there wasn't even a light primer strike. So I'm guessing the firing pin is not coming forward with enough strength behind it to set off the primer. When you install these kits you have to make an adjustment to a little loop commonly referred to as the candy cane on the trigger bar assembly, I'm wondering if maybe I opened it too much and just need to squeeze it back down a little bit. But any suggestions from you guys would be helpful.

OneGun
Posts in topic: 1

Re: M&p 1.0 apex trigger install

Post by OneGun »

Alex has videos on how to install. Also, the have good customer service, so give them a call.
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

Topic author
Odinvalknir
Posts in topic: 2

Re: M&p 1.0 apex trigger install

Post by Odinvalknir »

OneGun wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:23 pm Alex has videos on how to install. Also, the have good customer service, so give them a call.
I watched a few videos on how to install it before I dug into it. It's not the first trigger I have installed in a gun so I did not think it would be that hard, the issue I'm having is no matter where I said the loop on the trigger bar I cannot get the timing correct for the sear to drop the striker as well as moving the block out of the way.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”