Where to buy bulk ammo in DFW

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Jose_in_Dallas
Posts in topic: 7

Where to buy bulk ammo in DFW

Post by Jose_in_Dallas »

Any idea where to buy bulk .223/9mm in bulk locally in the DFW area? Buddy of mine used to buy from Stand 1 Armory but they closed up a while back. Buddy of mine is looking to buy ammo for a class and doesn't want to hassle with mail order like I normally do. Thanks in advance for any help.

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Where to buy bulk ammo in DFW

Post by Pawpaw »

GT Distributors has Federal American Eagle 55gr .223 Remington FMJ. 1000 rnds for $329.99

https://www.gtdist.com/products/guns-fi ... -55gr.html

and

1000 rnds of CCI 9mm 115gr FMJ for $189.99.

https://www.gtdist.com/products/guns-fi ... -pack.html
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

wheelgun1958

Post by wheelgun1958 »

SWFA Outdoors

https://www.swfa.com/

Their website shows ammo by the box, case or drum. They're in Midlothian. Never been there personally.

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Tex1961
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Tex1961 »

What hassle?

a few mouse clicks and you’ll get it in a few days. Buying online I’ve found has almost always been cheaper

Topic author
Jose_in_Dallas

Post by Jose_in_Dallas »

Thanks everybody, I'll check them out and pass along the info.
Tex1961 wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:05 am What hassle?

a few mouse clicks and you’ll get it in a few days. Buying online I’ve found has almost always been cheaper
Don't shoot the messenger. He's not computer literate hence why I'm asking and not him (older guy, doesn't even use Amazon). Plus he had concerns about getting it by this weekend. He'd rather just drive somewhere and pick it up like he does his groceries.

Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

Jose_in_Dallas wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:37 am Thanks everybody, I'll check them out and pass along the info.

Don't shoot the messenger. He's not computer literate hence why I'm asking and not him (older guy, doesn't even use Amazon). Plus he had concerns about getting it by this weekend. He'd rather just drive somewhere and pick it up like he does his groceries.
LOL.... No worries.... I have those friends as well......

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

You you have an Academy I would just go there.

pushpullpete
Posts in topic: 2

Post by pushpullpete »

Tex1961 wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:10 am
Jose_in_Dallas wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:37 am Thanks everybody, I'll check them out and pass along the info.

LOL.... No worries.... I have those friends as well......
Personally, I would rather look at what I'm buying and know what I'm taking home immediately. Also, I can pay cash
& my personal info & buying habits stay with me. Not the world & yes, I use a flip phone. :coolgleamA: YMMV

:txflag: :patriot:

Topic author
Jose_in_Dallas

Post by Jose_in_Dallas »

Tex1961 wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:10 am LOL.... No worries.... I have those friends as well......
Yup. I'll admit I was curious as well to find places locally "just in case" I needed to buy some bulk ammo. Typically I'll buy a case of ammo a month in advance of a class to allow time for shipping/delays.
WTR wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:17 am You you have an Academy I would just go there.
Ya that's his plan but wanted to see what other options are out there.

Lena

Post by Lena »

Don't forget Academy next month for Black Friday, the last 3 yrs back I know if they had some very good deals especially on 9mm, last year it was an instant savings with no mail in rebate.
Stay Safe

Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

Jose_in_Dallas wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:32 am
Tex1961 wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:10 am LOL.... No worries.... I have those friends as well......
Yup. I'll admit I was curious as well to find places locally "just in case" I needed to buy some bulk ammo. Typically I'll buy a case of ammo a month in advance of a class to allow time for shipping/delays.
WTR wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:17 am You you have an Academy I would just go there.
Ya that's his plan but wanted to see what other options are out there.
I'm rounding numbers here, but in the past year I've purchased 15K rounds of ammo.... Maybe 2k from online shopping, the rest was through private sales... I live on Armslist and Texas Gun Trader.... There are always people selling ammo they don't want anymore...

Topic author
Jose_in_Dallas

Post by Jose_in_Dallas »

Tex1961 wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:53 am I'm rounding numbers here, but in the past year I've purchased 15K rounds of ammo.... Maybe 2k from online shopping, the rest was through private sales... I live on Armslist and Texas Gun Trader.... There are always people selling ammo they don't want anymore...
Thanks. I honestly never thought about that but I'll have to look into it. I'm guessing you've never had any trouble but I always worry about the quality of the ammo I would be used like that i.e. how it was stored and taken care of etc. Because my ammo tends to sit for months at a time and I won't shoot in bulk until I take a class.

Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

Jose_in_Dallas wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:14 pm
Tex1961 wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:53 am I'm rounding numbers here, but in the past year I've purchased 15K rounds of ammo.... Maybe 2k from online shopping, the rest was through private sales... I live on Armslist and Texas Gun Trader.... There are always people selling ammo they don't want anymore...
Thanks. I honestly never thought about that but I'll have to look into it. I'm guessing you've never had any trouble but I always worry about the quality of the ammo I would be used like that i.e. how it was stored and taken care of etc. Because my ammo tends to sit for months at a time and I won't shoot in bulk until I take a class.
None at all. Granted I stay away from reloads though. I’ve gotten 9mm for 8 to .16 c per round, 45acp as low as .16c per round and .22lr as low as .02 per round. I’ve traded some 9mm 124g for 38 special, 7.62 for.556.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I still have a small amount of Stand 1 Armory's subsonic .300 Blk on hand. Gosh, I'd forgotten about them. The last time I bought bulk ammo from a brick and mortar store, was probably 8 or 9 years ago, and it was two 420 round cans of federal M193 ball on stripper clips from Cabela's. I don't do it that way any longer, and for a good reason. As of this writing, that same 420 round can sells for $184.99....or $0.4405 per round. That would make 1000 rounds go for $440.50. Well I can get 1000 rounds of M193 ball online from Target Sports USA for $295.00 ... or 67% of Cabela's price. It makes zero sense to not buy online. In fact, Target Sports USA also sells a 420 round can of M855 ball on stripper clips, for $149.95, or $35.04 less than Cabela's price....and M855 usually costs more per round than M193. Grabagun's prices are even cheaper yet than Target Sports' prices. They're in Coppell. You can check availability by phone. If they don't have it at their store, they can have it delivered from the warehouse to the store, and you can go pick it up there.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”