CZ P-07

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Richbirdhunter
Posts in topic: 1

CZ P-07

Post by Richbirdhunter »

Does anyone have any experience with the CZ P-07? I’m looking for a new EDC and this is an option. Please feel free to add an compact hammer guns that you like.
Disclaimer: Anything I state can not be applied to 100% of all situations. Sometimes it's ok to speak in general terms.

WTR
Banned

Re: CZ P-07

Post by WTR »

Richbirdhunter wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:19 am Does anyone have any experience with the CZ P-07? I’m looking for a new EDC and this is an option. Please feel free to add an compact hammer guns that you like.
If you can find one, I like the H&K USPc.

K-Texas
Banned

Post by K-Texas »

My experience actually comes from the P-01. When it comes to DA/SA pistols with decockers, I like the CZ system better than any other including my P226. Upon decocking, the hammers drop only to a half-cock intercept like manual safety CZ 75s and variants had. Upon drawing a CZ pistol that was decocked before it was holstered, that first round will be fired with a much shorter pull than with other systems. Once the trigger gets well worn in, that first pull DA was pretty sweet.

Obviously, it's a very safe mode for carry considering that CZ gained one of the first, if not the first, NATO certifications with some very demanding test requirements with the P-01.

I liked the HK USP so much that I bought one of the first available back in 1994 in .40 S&W that was a Variant 1, meaning it could be carried cocked and locked or decocked. I doubt I've ever really fired a more accurate 9mm than the SIG P226. But, as far as a carry pistol with a DA/SA trigger operating system, I like CZ's decocking system best, and that's how the P-07 comes standard and I would not personally convert it or the P-09 to the manual safety option. ;-)
Anything that can be corrupted by man; will be corrupted.

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want . . .

jmorris

Post by jmorris »

I have the gen 1 CZ P-07 Duty. I really like the SA/DA action and everything about the pistol. Few hundred rounds through it and no problems. It is my EDC.
Jay E Morris,
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC < retired from all
NRA Lifetime, TSRA Lifetime
NRA Recruiter (link)

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

WTR wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:43 am
Richbirdhunter wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:19 am Does anyone have any experience with the CZ P-07? I’m looking for a new EDC and this is an option. Please feel free to add an compact hammer guns that you like.
If you can find one, I like the H&K USPc.
:iagree:

I used to own a USPc .40, and caliber aside, it was a great pistol. Mine was a V1. I only sold it because I just don’t like that caliber. Had I bought it in .45 ACP or 9mm, I’d still own and carry it today.

(EDITED TO CORRECT SPELLING OF "SOLD")
Last edited by The Annoyed Man on Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

SigM4

Post by SigM4 »

I have a P-07 that plays host to one of my pistol suppressors. The pistol is very reliable and a good shooter. CZ has really come on strong in the last few years. You’d be very hard to find a better DA/SA gun in that price range.
Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

SpringerFan

Post by SpringerFan »

I have it's big brother the P-09. Love it! Primarily serves the role of nightstand pistol, but has also been used in a few USPSA production matches. Only mods are springs. Most accurate polymer pistol I have ever owned, makes me look a lot better than I am. Reliable with all ammo types, very soft shooting, and amazing ergonomics regardless of hand size. Not exactly apples to apples, but I would put it up against any Glock, M&P, or XD in those categories.
Negatives? Magazines are kinda expensive. Aftermarket support is not what the bigger guys have, but Cajun Gun Works has everything you need if you do like to mod your CZ.
Buy it.
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."
Col. Jeff Cooper

Scott65

Post by Scott65 »

The P07 is a good, reliable pistol. Cajun Gunworks has the parts to make it very good.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”