This is How Custer Must Have Felt

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
J.R.@A&M
Posts in topic: 3

Re: This is How Custer Must Have Felt

Post by J.R.@A&M »

Iunnrais wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:02 pm That's very close to the scenario that made me invest in a 6.8spc AR... Went out to the farm with my .45-70 to help my dad out and shoot a pig or two... Seeing several dozen come across the fence line when you've only 4+1 in the rifle and 6 .44 Mag in a revolver isn't a great feeling. It's much better with a 30 round mag in the rifle and another in a pouch.

On the plus side, both the .45-70 and the .44 Mag are confirmed do the job on hogs :)
Curiously enough, yesterday I became the proud owner of a used 580+ series mini-14 ranch rifle, with all my desired features: stainless, synthetic stock, scoped, and most of all, a 20-round magazine.
“Always liked me a sidearm with some heft.” Boss Spearman in Open Range.

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

oljames3 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:54 pm
crazy2medic wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:04 pm
Jago668 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:40 pm Have you tried artillery?
T.O.T?
Time On Target. My favorite mission, both from the Forward Observer's point of view and from the Fire Direction Center's. Most fun you can have with your boots on.
This reminds me of a funny story from my FDC days. We were all sitting in the track waiting, and bored. My Sergeant was talking about how much he loved TOT missions. He suggested that we all get matching T-Shirts that said "I Love TOTs". We had to point out to him that it might not be the best thing to wear around, say a mall, or a school.

JustSomeOldGuy
Posts in topic: 1

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

Soccerdad1995 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:49 am
oljames3 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:54 pm
crazy2medic wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:04 pm
Jago668 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:40 pm Have you tried artillery?
T.O.T?
Time On Target. My favorite mission, both from the Forward Observer's point of view and from the Fire Direction Center's. Most fun you can have with your boots on.
This reminds me of a funny story from my FDC days. We were all sitting in the track waiting, and bored. My Sergeant was talking about how much he loved TOT missions. He suggested that we all get matching T-Shirts that said "I Love TOTs". We had to point out to him that it might not be the best thing to wear around, say a mall, or a school.
But it COULD get you comped at Sonic! :biggrinjester:
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

Lynyrd
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Lynyrd »

Since this thread is about the danger of wild hogs, here's a story out of Chambers County yesterday. A woman was killed by wild hogs that attacked her in the front yard of a home.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nat ... 305584002/

https://abc13.com/feral-hogs-kill-woman ... -/5716849/
Do what you say you're gonna do.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”